Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

TSB 10-3-8

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Well, besides the sarcasm, there's a way to drive a stick so you can make your clutch last, no doubt.
On a same car, one guy will put 100K miles on one, and another dude will only get to 20K or less.
I don't think that a flaw with the clutch would ruin/damage the trany BTW.
The roughness from it is so unpleasant that you don't even wanna ride the car because the fun factor is long gone.

Once a TSB is out, you can be sure that it's not a driver's problem.
Like Cheft said, you might be one of the lucky one but nobody knows how long you'll stay that way.
I think it's wise to have it done if your car falls within the TSB dates...
Will they perform the repair if it not showing any signs of problems? I was under the impression that it is the same as a warranty issue...has to be reproduced or obvious when a tech is checking it out. As far as the tranny it was knocking out the synros due to long term disengagement problems.

Last edited by Lifter583; 04-05-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:38 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Lifter583
Will they perform the repair if it not showing any signs of problems? I was under the impression that it is the same as a warranty issue...has to be reproduced or obvious when a tech is checking it out. As far as the tranny it was knocking out the synros due to long term disengagement problems.
Yes, that's what TSB is all about...
It's a prevention thing because they assume you have the problem regardless.
They won't even test the car...

As far as your disengagements problems, it's pretty far out.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Are you serious? I think it depends on the dealer.

I had the fuel pump issue with my 06 and they were telling me at first they wouldn't perform the TSB unless the problem could be replicated. When I mentioned they would need to go on a long highway drive to do so they relented.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

I just talked to 2 different service managers in my area, I have bought a Mustang from each. They both told me that no work will be done unless the car had the symptoms of the TSB and it was confirmed by a tech. If this was confirmed they have no problem performing the work. Also the warranty on a clutch is 3 yr 36 month...the definition of the 5 yr drivetrain is "internally lubricated components". So thats where it is...I have 13 months warranty left...after that if it gives it up...I will install a Spec Stage 3+. I have no fear I will be damaging the tranny in anyway.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:37 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Riptide
Are you serious? I think it depends on the dealer.

I had the fuel pump issue with my 06 and they were telling me at first they wouldn't perform the TSB unless the problem could be replicated. When I mentioned they would need to go on a long highway drive to do so they relented.
Well, some dealers will try to escape any work where they can't rape you.
The next dealer might be more civilized and take you in.

So you're right, it depends on the dealer but there are more that will honor it.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:24 PM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Well, some dealers will try to escape any work where they can't rape you.
The next dealer might be more civilized and take you in.

So you're right, it depends on the dealer but there are more that will honor it.

No, Dealers will not do the TSB without symptoms. They did some at first but Ford wised up quick and now each and every one is sent back and checked. If the part is not bad Ford doesn't reimburse the Dealer.

You just can’t go have the TSB done any more.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:14 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I'm sorry for the confusion guys...

I must have a cool dealer.
I shipped a few brand new GT500 in Europe already and I asked the dealer to replace the clutch on the mid 08 and 07 cars.
They did it with no problems.

My mistake for assuming that my experiences extend to the rest of the Country...
Old 04-06-2010, 07:41 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Unfortunately it could depend on the dealer for sure... My dealer had no issues last year doing the work pretty freely for me and a few others that took their cars there after... Now like anything persistence pays off too... Have the tsb printed out.... Read up on the symptoms....the second you even think you slightly feel a symptom take it to them and fight it ... Eventually they will agknowledge or if not go to a diferent dealer...either good luck to all with this issue.. Now if ford would just do something abot the engine noise I get sometimes... I swear sometimes my car sounds like I have a clock in it with the ticking I get sometimes... Lmao but I keep being told that it's normal engine noise... LMAO
Old 04-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
Unfortunately it could depend on the dealer for sure... My dealer had no issues last year doing the work pretty freely for me and a few others that took their cars there after... Now like anything persistence pays off too... Have the tsb printed out.... Read up on the symptoms....the second you even think you slightly feel a symptom take it to them and fight it ... Eventually they will agknowledge or if not go to a diferent dealer...either good luck to all with this issue.. Now if ford would just do something abot the engine noise I get sometimes... I swear sometimes my car sounds like I have a clock in it with the ticking I get sometimes... Lmao but I keep being told that it's normal engine noise... LMAO
I have the same sounds...I guess no parts have fallen off or come through the side and it runs fine...so it must be ok...
Old 04-06-2010, 08:30 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lifter583
I have the same sounds...I guess no parts have fallen off or come through the side and it runs fine...so it must be ok...
ROFL..... That is true....

Quick Reply: TSB 10-3-8