Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

should I be worried how many miles I put on my extreme E?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Viper/Saleen1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: should I be worried how many miles I put on my extreme E?

Everyone knows how I like to drive'em.....and mileage is just not important! Had my Extreme one year and put 11,000 miles on it and made every excuse to run it around town. Currently, just hit 29,000 in my Viper with just over 3 years ownership.... you only live once (at least down here on Earth).

I did met a fellow Viper owner at the gas pumps one day...he was in his late 60's and walking with a cane in one hand; said he had a 98 Viper with only 2300 miles on it and thought he should start driving that car ( good idea! ). I just smiled and drove on up the road in mine. Drive'em til they don't drive no more!
Old 12-23-2007, 03:17 PM
AL_TOON
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Viper/Saleen1

Everyone knows how I like to drive'em.....and mileage is just not important! Had my Extreme one year and put 11,000 miles on it and made every excuse to run it around town. Currently, just hit 29,000 in my Viper with just over 3 years ownership.... you only live once (at least down here on Earth).

I did met a fellow Viper owner at the gas pumps one day...he was in his late 60's and walking with a cane in one hand; said he had a 98 Viper with only 2300 miles on it and thought he should start driving that car ( good idea! ). I just smiled and drove on up the road in mine. Drive'em til they don't drive no more!
that is funny you mention that old guy. It sounds like my father. He is 62. He has a 2008 mustang GT. He just doesnt go that many places. he lives on a golf course and plays golf/tennis there etc. He has his mustang since July and has only put on 900 miles.

He has a 2005 BMW (smells new) it only 6000 miles on it. 1000 of those miles were from Chicago to texas. He doesnt drive much as he really has no where to drive too and all he needs/uses he drives his golf cart. His golf cart will get more milage then the mustang will lol.

I drive alot. I have too. I bought it because it is a cool car all around not because it is rare etc. I plan on to continue to drive it.

I put on 25,000 miles on my m3 convertible last year(the hardest city miles you could ever imagine those 25,000 were spirited driving)
Old 12-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Saleen326
2nd Gear Member

Resounding answer. Drive it. I'm the same way. I bought mine to enjoy it and have fun. What's the point of owning a car if it just sits there? Sure, it's nice to look at, but isn't 10x more exciting to actually drive it? Enjoy it while you can.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:19 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Do whatever makes you happy. I don't like driving the car every day because I loose that new "feeling" the car gives me. I prefer to drive her only on the weekends. Plus since it takes me 5 hours to wash and wax her I prefer to keep her clean as well. Just do what makes you happ.y
Old 12-23-2007, 10:32 PM
redcj

I drove my E on the Hot Rod Power Tour last year and put 5000 miles on it in two weeks. I signed up for next year's Tour also and will do another 2500 miles then. Drive it-it's the best way to enjoy owning one.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

I think it's official!

Drive it like you stole it and don't look back. That car was made to drive and drive hard.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:43 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE GARAGE THEIR CARS!!!
Wow Mickey - I thought you liked me [&:]....................

I agree with the majority here - its your car so do what you want with it. A car is not an investment unless you plan to keep it very low mileage for 20-25 years, and it helps if its a very rare car. Your car is pretty rare, being a one of ~100.....but typically its the one of one or one of ~10 that are the big money makers (SC's, SA's, 351R's, etc..) You need to decide....do you care about resale, or do you really enjoy driving it. IMO you can't have both.

As for my car...yeah its a garage queen but mostly out of necessity. I live in the good ole rust belt where we only get 6 good months of "weekend cruising weather". I DO NOT believe in driving my toys in rain or snow (or salty roads for that matter); I travel for business thus have a DD (can't drive my toys during the week); I have two garage queens to choose from; some warm weather weekends are rain-outs.....thus its easy to put less than 1000 miles on the cars each year but still be driving them by my standards.

Its how I choose to roll [8D]
Old 12-24-2007, 12:35 PM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

I agree - Drive it like you stole it. If you look around, their resale value is not good no matter how rare.

My E is about 13 months old with close to 16k miles on it.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:16 PM
A1SALEEN
3rd Gear Member

i drive mine when i don't see rain clouds
Old 12-24-2007, 10:40 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Talk about a overall concensus.

Quick Reply: should I be worried how many miles I put on my extreme E?