Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

should I be worried how many miles I put on my extreme E?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 11:31 PM
AL_TOON
2nd Gear Member

Default should I be worried how many miles I put on my extreme E?

seems like most saleens tend to be garage queens. Mine is in mint. I mean mint. not a ding not a nick. no curb action on any wheels, (knock on wood) but I drive it all the time. why not? I have a 20 mile trip to work and 20 miles back home. (easy highway drive) I am putting miles on this car like a regular car (it has never seen a track or a drag strip or been abused at all) I drove it to Las Vegas last week.

I have put on 3000 miles on it 2months

yes I know the Extremes are rare but I bought to drive it all the time anytime

1. for resale would a higher mile saleen hurt me in the long run?
2. service actions? higher mile cars have more issues. I doubt I will get too high on the odo actually
3. shut the hell up and just drive it and when you sell it or trade it deal with it then
Old 12-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Default RE: should I be worried how many miles I put on my extreme E?

Its your car, do what makes you happy. Higher mileage will always hurt resale of a collector car but that will be 20-25 years away. Will you still have it then? Obviously, the more mileage the more service needed. You own and E and some other nice cars. I would assume then that service bills are not an issue. I am glad you like to drive your car. Nothing better than a car that you want to drive, feels like an extension of your body, gets you excited everytime you turn the key.

I drove my car 450 miles this year. It is a garage queen. I will be dead and my kids will get it with 20,000-30,000 miles on it. Thatsmy choice, not a recommendation.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:46 AM
StangKing
2nd Gear Member

Drive it like you stole it.....I drove my extreme almost 6k this year... I also have 4 other stangs...but nothing feels like this...so have fun.. you only live once...right???
Old 12-23-2007, 01:50 AM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Drive it! Saleens are NOT good investments from a $ standpoint.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:01 AM
Pony on
1st Gear Member

Stay the course and continue to live for today. Pony On......
Old 12-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Curz
1st Gear Member

I pick 3

You bought the car to drive not sit in the garage, right? Heres the question - Will you get more satisfaction of
driving the car or having it sit in the garage with the knowledge the miles are lower so you can get more money on the
backside? You only live once so why let it sit and collect dust. You can always buy another badass machine later in life when
your E is old.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:06 AM
stangky281
1st Gear Member

Drive it. I make any excuse to drive mine. Often heading to the garage to drive my G35, I turn back around to get the Saleen keys. I think it will be hard to have a low mileage Saleen in Texas where spirited driving is a year long event.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: AL_TOON

seems like most saleens tend to be garage queens. Mine is in mint. I mean mint. not a ding not a nick. no curb action on any wheels, (knock on wood) but I drive it all the time. why not? I have a 20 mile trip to work and 20 miles back home. (easy highway drive) I am putting miles on this car like a regular car (it has never seen a track or a drag strip or been abused at all) I drove it to Las Vegas last week.

I have put on 3000 miles on it 2months

yes I know the Extremes are rare but I bought to drive it all the time anytime

1. for resale would a higher mile saleen hurt me in the long run?
2. service actions? higher mile cars have more issues. I doubt I will get too high on the odo actually
3. shut the hell up and just drive it and when you sell it or trade it deal with it then
Hmmmmm.......... WWJD?

[8D]
Old 12-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

You got a sweet deal on it anyway so if you decide to sell it in a year or so you probably still won't be losing any money.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:43 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

I know I am young and this may change with age, but my opinion on this matter is very strong. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE GARAGE THEIR CARS!!! Drive the damn thing! Honestly if I had an Extreme I think I would sleep in it...I think its awesome I am not the only one here that drives their car. Good for you Al_toon

Quick Reply: should I be worried how many miles I put on my extreme E?