Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

JDM 550 Package on its way!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:20 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: JDM 550 Package on its way!

cdm saleen, please let me know how your ambient air temps have read in weather 90 degrees and above. I don't know if you've had your tune long enough to have hit that LA heat streak in October, but I am curious abot what your gauges have read. Please e-mail me if you prefer, Thank you, Erik
Old 02-25-2008, 11:31 AM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eolson

Congradualations Unclemilti. I had the 550 upgrade installed at the Troy Saleen plant in September, I'm on 16 timing, so I'm seeing about 475rwhp. I drove it in 86 degree weather for a few days in Sept. and it pulled great, and my Saleen gauges indicated reasonable temps while running. So far it's amazing, and it still frightens me, like on a clear beautiful day as today was, I was down shifting at 63mph from 5th into 3rd and I still can't believe how fast that thing gets to 100mph. Awsome!

I also went on the new intercooler list as soon as Jim posted about it. It will make me feel a lot easier about summer coming up, with all that psi. It gets to 12psi by 3700rpm and slowly climbs to 14psi as you hit 6200 or so. The max HP on this pully is from 5700- 6200rpms, according to the Saleen Dyno run, so there is really no need to pull past 6300rpms. I'm thrilled to be able to talk to another person on this tune now, since no one else I've fished for in the forums seems to have it, or care to post about it. Jerad posts about it occasionally. Let me know how it goes, Erik
When I get everything up and running, we will compare notes.

I read your earlier post, and we should have a lot in common- my car, while not a daily driver, will still see summertime driving in a coastal resort. Temps from 85-99 with relative humidty in the high 90's- so I will have a rough idea how this kit is going to take the heat.

I also think the larger intercooler will help tremendously.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:07 PM
jth0187
1st Gear Member

I also ordered the 550 jdm upgrade and will have it installed as soon as I get the car back from the dealership. I also ordered the extreme suspension upgrade along with the 15 psi guage. The high flow bassani x pipe should give me the flow and sound I want also. I'll be posting the dyno as soon as its done. Good luck with your upgrade.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:30 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

jth0187, please keep us posted on what you think. It's really great knowing more people are trying this tune. Erik
Old 04-01-2008, 06:16 PM
gadway41
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: unclemilti

Just ordered the JDM 550 package yesterday.

The guys over there were tremendously helpful, and even will be programming the tune to account for the new Saleen intercooler being released at the end of March, which I am going to order. Ryan at JDM said I should see 475 RWHP easily, and that I wouldn't need to worry about motor issues.

I will be doing the install myself, and will take some pics to post here.

My only concern is the Extreme dual fuel pump, but Ryan assured me its more of a slow process than one that is techinally difficult.

Can't wait!
Hi,

How did you ever make out with this install? I'm expecting my Dual Fuel pumps by this weekend. Did you run into any un-forseen problems.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:36 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eolson

It gets to 12psi by 3700rpm and slowly climbs to 14psi as you hit 6200 or so.
The 550 kit is rated at 12psi and is not supposed to spike at 14psi to the best of my knowledge
Old 04-01-2008, 08:21 PM
steve75
2nd Gear Member

i just put in a dual ford gt pump setup. Its very time consumeing. puting it together isnt bad at all, very simple. Trying to get the pumps into the tank with out damaging the fuel level float and sendor is the hardest and most time consuming. be very careful , if you force it @ all youll break the fuel sendor and you cant just buy the sender you have to buy the whole pump from ford which runs about $280. good luck.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:29 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

Hopefully you won't break anything!!! It is a "take your time" install. But if you do break the sending unit, you can use the one from the stock unit.

Casey
Old 04-02-2008, 05:49 AM
gadway41
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: steve75

i just put in a dual ford gt pump setup. Its very time consumeing. puting it together isnt bad at all, very simple. Trying to get the pumps into the tank with out damaging the fuel level float and sendor is the hardest and most time consuming. be very careful , if you force it @ all youll break the fuel sendor and you cant just buy the sender you have to buy the whole pump from ford which runs about $280. good luck.
Steve/Haney thanks for the heads up on that area.

How about the wiring harness, is it pretty much plug and play. Probably just the routing of the wiring harness I'm assuming.

Thanks for the insight guy's,

Jeff

Old 04-02-2008, 09:46 AM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gadway41

ORIGINAL: unclemilti

Just ordered the JDM 550 package yesterday.

The guys over there were tremendously helpful, and even will be programming the tune to account for the new Saleen intercooler being released at the end of March, which I am going to order. Ryan at JDM said I should see 475 RWHP easily, and that I wouldn't need to worry about motor issues.

I will be doing the install myself, and will take some pics to post here.

My only concern is the Extreme dual fuel pump, but Ryan assured me its more of a slow process than one that is techinally difficult.

Can't wait!
Hi,

How did you ever make out with this install? I'm expecting my Dual Fuel pumps by this weekend. Did you run into any un-forseen problems.
Still installing it.

Car is up on jackstands in my garage- been traveling a lot, just got back from Vegas Monday night.

Kinda hanging around, waiting for the new intercooler to come out, since I have the front end off.

Casey?