Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen Conversion.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Dboy23

Default RE: Saleen Conversion.

ORIGINAL: IWinULose

They will never find an auto. In 05, for instance, there was only 9 made. So there maybe be 50 tops in the 05+ platform.

Well, if you are so set in your ways, why did you ask for opinions from us?
(Not trying to be an ***, just trying to see things from your point of view.)
That's why I'm basically giving up on finding a real one with an Auto. I'm just not sure if I should be doing this to get a Saleen or if you guys would recommend something else for me to buy for about the same price range. Like I said I love the styling of this car so I have to find something that looks very nice.

I know you aren't trying to be an ***, it's just I'm a very complex person . The guy at the dealer said they had one with an auto recently but after reading that last reply of yours I've given up completely lol.

Edit: It's not so much I'm set in my ways, it's just that the only way I'll change my mind is if I get a good amount of people that have legit reasoning for me not to do what I'm considering right now.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:48 AM
S281SC
2nd Gear Member

06 Saleen Automatic - $30k
Old 07-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Dboy23

ORIGINAL: S281SC

Nice find, ugly color, I want it to be Blue, Black, Yellow, or Silver. Preferably Black than my second would be Yellow.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:20 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dboy23

Nice find, ugly color, I want it to be Blue, Black, Yellow, or Silver. Preferably Black than my second would be Yellow.
I thought the exact same thing about the color until I saw one in person. It used to be my least favorite saleen color.....now it's in the middle of the pack.

Yellow ones seem to be hard to come by (especially in automatic). Black should be a little easier.

I'd look for a good deal on an 05 if you can find one. That'll be your best value. OR.....wait for the next mustang body style to come out and there might be a slight drop in the resale value on the current style. That's what I didwhenI bought my car in 05.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Dboy23

ORIGINAL: eviligloo

I thought the exact same thing about the color until I saw one in person. It used to be my least favorite saleen color.....now it's in the middle of the pack.

Yellow ones seem to be hard to come by (especially in automatic). Black should be a little easier.

I'd look for a good deal on an 05 if you can find one. That'll be your best value. OR.....wait for the next mustang body style to come out and there might be a slight drop in the resale value on the current style. That's what I didwhenI bought my car in 05.
Thanks for the advice, I'm in the business of buying and selling cars and I know how all that works, the problem is the guy at the dealer was only looking for "new" automatic Saleen's which wasn't working out to great (I spoke with him today). I've seen it in person actually but the car was used and not take care of too good (driven by female owner of Ford dealership). It was an 06' vert' if I'm not mistaken with 7,000 miles and they wanted $34,000 but it was a stick so not my cup of tea, plus they had a black RF parked right by it and it made it look even worse .
Old 07-29-2008, 02:53 PM
05Saleen#243
3rd Gear Member

I beg to differ
Old 07-29-2008, 03:23 PM
flstci71
2nd Gear Member

My wife would beg to differ too. She totally LOVES her 2008 Dark Candyapple Red Convertible AUTOMATIC Saleen S281 SC....
Old 07-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Dboy23

ORIGINAL: flstci71
My wife would beg to differ too. She totally LOVES her 2008 Dark Candyapple Red Convertible AUTOMATIC Saleen S281 SC....
How much did it cost her if you don't mind me asking? It's not "that" bad of a color it's just not my first choice, or second for that matter.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
flstci71
2nd Gear Member

Hey, everybody has their own idea of the perfect color, that's why so many different colors are available. For price, just lookon the sticker of anew one. Converts start at$60K and then go up from there depending on the options. Of course, now with the crappy market, I am sure there are dealers around who would be willing to make somecompromises they would not have made a few months ago. We could have even gotten several thousand off when we bought ours if we would have taken one out of inventory, but she wanted to order hers exactly the way she wanted it. How else could she have gotten that great color?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Dboy23

ORIGINAL: flstci71

Hey, everybody has their own idea of the perfect color, that's why so many different colors are available. For price, just lookon the sticker of anew one. Converts start at$60K and then go up from there depending on the options. Of course, now with the crappy market, I am sure there are dealers around who would be willing to make somecompromises they would not have made a few months ago. We could have even gotten several thousand off when we bought ours if we would have taken one out of inventory, but she wanted to order hers exactly the way she wanted it. How else could she have gotten that great color?
There's an 08' RF, 465bhp Supercharged that they're willing to sell me for $47,000

Quick Reply: Saleen Conversion.