Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen Conversion.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:02 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Conversion.

ORIGINAL: Dboy23

ORIGINAL: flstci71

Hey, everybody has their own idea of the perfect color, that's why so many different colors are available. For price, just lookon the sticker of anew one. Converts start at$60K and then go up from there depending on the options. Of course, now with the crappy market, I am sure there are dealers around who would be willing to make somecompromises they would not have made a few months ago. We could have even gotten several thousand off when we bought ours if we would have taken one out of inventory, but she wanted to order hers exactly the way she wanted it. How else could she have gotten that great color?
There's an 08' RF, 465bhp Supercharged that they're willing to sell me for $47,000
If by RF, you mean Red Flag, and it's a new '08, and you have not bought it, you are out of your mind for that price. Yeah, yeah, I know.... you want a v6 and auto. [:'(]

EDIT: That is probably $4k - $6k off stick price for that car depending on options. You may even be able to talk them down with the gas crunch going on. But that's a decent deal on a new '08, that's for sure.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Dboy23

ORIGINAL: IWinULose

If by RF, you mean Red Flag, and it's a new '08, and you have not bought it, you are out of your mind for that price. Yeah, yeah, I know.... you want a v6 and auto. [:'(]

EDIT: That is probably $4k - $6k off stick price for that car depending on options. You may even be able to talk them down with the gas crunch going on. But that's a decent deal on a new '08, that's for sure.
Yes I mean Red Flag and the sticker price was $64,000 idk what their BS excuse was for dropping it but I don't want a manual and they said they can't build an RF auto so yeah...
Old 07-30-2008, 12:48 AM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

WTH i thought you were looking for for a Real mustang Salee. I was helping you out in the other thread and here you are looking for a v6? What gives? How do you jump from wanting to build one for 15k to looking at an RF for 47k? You say here you dont really care about power and in the other thread you say your going to add an SC. All this doesnt combine to define a "complex" person, but someone who is either full of it or TOTALLY INDECISIVE.

Over 7 cars and only 17? I dont even know how that works
Tell us what you really want to go and maybe we will be able to help you. Real Saleen, Fake Saleen, A V8?, and v6? supercharged? Your basically all over the place.......
Old 07-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Dboy23

ORIGINAL: ChiDiddy

WTH i thought you were looking for for a Real mustang Salee. I was helping you out in the other thread and here you are looking for a v6? What gives? How do you jump from wanting to build one for 15k to looking at an RF for 47k? You say here you dont really care about power and in the other thread you say your going to add an SC. All this doesnt combine to define a "complex" person, but someone who is either full of it or TOTALLY INDECISIVE.

Over 7 cars and only 17? I dont even know how that works
Tell us what you really want to go and maybe we will be able to help you. Real Saleen, Fake Saleen, A V8?, and v6? supercharged? Your basically all over the place.......
I know, I talked to the guy at the dealership today, I'm gonna get a V6 built by Saleen only thing I'm thinking about now is a twin turbo but I didn't think about it earlier. I'm going over there next week to go through all the options and stuff, I never knew they would build me a V6 Saleen .

Edit: I wasn't looking for one in the other thread, read the first post it wasn't mine . That SC guy wasn't me lol.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:10 AM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Ok. So are they going to send the v6 for saleen to add the package on? Why not do it yourself and save a ton. I dont know if you will be happy with a very fast looking car that is a no go for sure. IMO theres no point to do this if its a v6. Have you test drived a GT and v6 and compared the two? Are you happy with the feel of the sixer sounds to the monster v8 sound? if not, then DO IT. Im trying to help you do something you will regret. I regret getting an 08 Saleen when i could have gotten an 07 for 5k cheaper. I am also a youngster like you.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Dboy23

Ok. So are they going to send the v6 for saleen to add the package on? Why not do it yourself and save a ton. I dont know if you will be happy with a very fast looking car that is a no go for sure. IMO theres no point to do this if its a v6. Have you test drived a GT and v6 and compared the two? Are you happy with the feel of the sixer sounds to the monster v8 sound? if not, then DO IT. Im trying to help you do something you will regret. I regret getting an 08 Saleen when i could have gotten an 07 for 5k cheaper. I am also a youngster like you.
We'll I considered doing it myself, that's how I came up with the $15,000 price, Saleen want's that just for converting it and I have to get my own car, so I'm still continplating what to do, I'm gonna sit down and talk to my dad about it this weekend. I mostly care about the styling, with these gas prices and me paying for the car it's not really worth getting the V8 GT, plus mine's gonna have the same sounding exhaust .
Old 07-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Saleen326
2nd Gear Member

Saleen does NOT make a V6 version of there car and they never have. The dealer is more than likely feeding you a load of BS. Not to sound rude, but do some flipping research on what you want out of a car and what you want/can afford to spend on a vehicle. Then come back and talk to us. As ChiDiddy said, I think your full of it. At 17, there are a lot better things you can do with your money than blow it on a 35k car even if you could afford to pay cash for it.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:17 AM
Dboy23

ORIGINAL: Saleen326

Saleen does NOT make a V6 version of there car and they never have. The dealer is more than likely feeding you a load of BS. Not to sound rude, but do some flipping research on what you want out of a car and what you want/can afford to spend on a vehicle. Then come back and talk to us. As ChiDiddy said, I think your full of it. At 17, there are a lot better things you can do with your money than blow it on a 35k car even if you could afford to pay cash for it.
I've got about $14,000 cash right now first off. Second they called a guy at Saleen and they said they can add the Saleen body package to it. I'm not gonna blow $35,000 on a car I'm trying to find a reasonable way to get what I want and have it for a decent price. I'm not full of it btw trust me, I've already owned a V8 and it just caused me problems (2007 Dodge Charger R/T) even smoked a couple of GT Mustangs with it, but not my cup of tea anymore.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:19 AM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

you want the engine to be able to roar too...... Anyone can make a loud exhaust. And it will not sound the same as a v8 exhaust
Old 07-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Dboy23

you want the engine to be able to roar too...... Anyone can make a loud exhaust. And it will not sound the same as a v8 exhaust
True but I'm trying to save money, I spent all the money I had extra before on the gas for my V8 Charger.

Quick Reply: Saleen Conversion.