Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Boost Me Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:35 PM
wtfkey
1st Gear Member

Default Boost Me Please

Alright guys, well although I haven't been the most vocal member of this forum, I follow it almost religiously. haha. I check the forums a couple times a day and am just now starting to buy things for my saleen. For a long time I thought I would dump a grand or two and unload my cash on bolt ons and custom tunes alike, but the MOST I would get out of my car with the Series II is around 430bhp (And that's pushing it.... hard)

So I spoke to Shaun at AED and after taking a vacation down to SoCal, I have definitely taken a tremendous interest in selling the Series II blower and turbocharging the little one instead. I know it is costly, labor intensive, and I didn't really want to stray far from the stock layout of the car, but in the end... it is my car ya know?. I don't really plan on selling it for as much as I bought it for, with the economy and all, and I plan on keeping it for a good amount of time, so in the end, why not have fun with it yeah? It's only money right?... You can't take it with ya.

But I do have a few questions for all of you bright members...

Was wondering what I should research in terms of the best companies and models of the turbos?

I was wondering ball park how much I could get for the SeriesII and everything associated with it? (Minus the parts I will need for the car anyway)

And last but not least... I was wondering if running a turbo system, would allow my car to express higher numbers than 430bhp without the trouble I would be experiencing with the forced induction.

Thanks so much in advance, and I hope to be getting this project on the way ASAP. I have a truck I can use in the mean time and am really excited to be doing something out of my box haha.

Thanks again!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Sounds cool! I'm curious to see how the turbo would do on the 99-04 saleens....

I've seen listings on ebay for the series II off an on (I briefly considered selling mine). I think I've seen a couple go for about $1.5k to $2k with everything. Just make sure to prominently feature the name "saleen" in the posting and that helps.

Check the closed listings for a series II s/c on ebay to get an idea. Here are a couple that ended recently that I was watching (one sold...one didn't):

Supercharger #1

Supercharger #2

It makes a difference in your bottom line if you have a good ebay rating and some sales under your belt.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:14 AM
wtfkey
1st Gear Member

Alright Alright. Yeah I see the first listing comes with a whole bunch of extras, so thats probably why it sold for so high. I was looking for a turbo kit that would place me in upper 400bhp with only spending about 4k-4.5k

Wondering if anyone knows a suitable kit for me?
Thanks again Evil, you've been a tremendous help for me.