Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

ok, mutiple kills, a loss, and a jackass! all in one night!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 07:05 PM
phrkshw
2nd Gear Member

Default ok, mutiple kills, a loss, and a jackass! all in one night!

first, i was rollin down the mainstreet in St Petersburg, FL - 4th Street. its 45mph most of the ways so i try not to do anything stupid. BUT, lol, i was slowing to a stop and just before i stopped it went green. Thats when i realized the car in the lane next to me was a Ford Lightning - so i get on it to see if he wants to play. He reels me in and gets a car on me before we shut down. So i lost, but it was all fun, gave the guy a thumbs up and a nod and we went our seperate ways.

ok, so heres the funny story. SAME NIGHT!, im merging on the highway and like any repsonsible citizen i make sure that im merging "at the speed of traffic" and to my surprise there was actually someone going as fast as i was. it was an Acura RSX-S. He was cruisin at about 90mph so i get behind him and we are just cruisin nice and easy through traffic. All of a sudden i see two sets of headlights comin up from behind, FAST. now, we had passed a couple imports(BMW and AUDI) so i figured they wanted to play. So what car do you think was the first one to pass me? older M5? Audi S4? no, its a bone stock TOYOTA CAMRY! i about **** myself laughing!! LOL! the other car was the white BMW we had passed. So the mustangs reputation was being threatened by a damn camry, but dont worry guys, down to 4th we went, and the food chain was illustrated to all of them :P

Stay safe and keep em shiny side up!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:18 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: ok, two stories from last week...

lol nicely done

"the food chain was illustrated to all of them "
Old 07-15-2006, 09:13 PM
98YellohCobra
1st Gear Member

Default RE: ok, mutiple kills, a loss, and a jackass! all in one night!

Uhm, so exactly how safe is going over 90mph in the middle of traffic with a CAMRY by you're side? I'm normaly not too worried about my mustang at high speeds, as I know the car well. But for someone driving a camry, who probably doesn't have much performance driving experience, I just don't think I could trust the driver to not do something stupid at those high speeds.

Just my .02 ..
Old 07-16-2006, 01:43 AM
40thgtfl
3rd Gear Member

nice runs.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:47 PM
phrkshw
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 98YellohCobra

Uhm, so exactly how safe is going over 90mph in the middle of traffic with a CAMRY by you're side? I'm normaly not too worried about my mustang at high speeds, as I know the car well. But for someone driving a camry, who probably doesn't have much performance driving experience, I just don't think I could trust the driver to not do something stupid at those high speeds.

Just my .02 ..
First off, im no as*hole - i dont cut people off and swerve through traffic. This was cruising, no wild manuvering, just a very nice calm drive, we just happened to be going 90. The guy in the Camry was not being safe at all, his car is not designed to run that fast, we all know this. So that is why the second i realizd what it was i put a great deal of distance between myself and all three of the other cars.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:03 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

I though it would be a snowballs chance in Hell that a Camry would be mentioned in a kill thread.................well it happened. Satan, grab the ski's and hit the slopes. LOL
Old 07-18-2006, 10:02 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phrkshw

but dont worry guys, down to 4th we went, and the food chain was illustrated to all of them :P
very nice. proud of ya. way to show 'em what American Muscle is all about

ORIGINAL: C6 VETTE

I though it would be a snowballs chance in Hell that a Camry would be mentioned in a kill thread.................well it happened. Satan, grab the ski's and hit the slopes. LOL
LMAO