Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

z06 vs ford gt vid

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 04:10 AM
Clif Brohn
5th Gear Member

Default RE: z06 vs ford gt vid

ORIGINAL: MrRogers

ORIGINAL: Clif Brohn

ORIGINAL: MrRogers

ORIGINAL: Clif Brohn

I thinkthe GM guys cant accept that Ford ACTUAllY made a better car for once. I bet the same thing happened when the 5.4L Cobra R was unleashed.
"It MAY, on a cold day with a super charger and some giggle gas be quicker and faster than an LS1 f-body. Maybe. In september. Downhill"
"No, really, its faster"
"Downhill. Besides, there's only 307 of 'em. That doesnt count."\
"Still faster."
"Downhill, September style"
"Proof?"
"Its out there."
"Where?"
"Places...."

Same thing happened to the Terminators I bet. Always downin' on the stang. I have NEVER heard of a REAL car magazine test a C6 Z06 to be "better in every category" than a GT. The GT is faster. Period. The C6 Z06 is VERY fast, especially for the $$$. But not Ford GT fast.
It is a drivers race in every sense of the word. Neither car dominates the other in acceleration. In the twistiys the Z06 owns the GT not by much but .2 of a second is a big deal when you start talkin about $$$. Since no one in here has a Ford GT, lets not start drawing conclusions on its performance. I've never seen so many people make bold statements about a car that they have never driven let alone been in. Im not taking sides here, i'm just saying that we should talk what we know. That even goes for the Z06 1/4 mile times that people have quoted and never seen. I'm not trying to sound mean and I surely don't mean any disrespect. Yes the Ford GT is the better looking/more expensive/exclusive car. However the performance numbers between the two are so close(In a straight line) I don't know why anyone would say one could beat the other.
Proof. I have seen NO proof of either car being faster than the other except for on Top Gear. The Stig got the Ford Gt around their airport track faster. Thats all I can think of, and I still wouldnt count that as some dead *** accurate proof because of all the factors that go in to how they get their times. But trust me, I know how big a difference tenths make, I was going to say in the post qouted that the GT may only be faster by tenths, but thats still a lot. I've even stated on this forum that these are the two most evenly matched vehicles Ford and Gm have ever produced in the same model year. But when it comes down to cash, the Ford GT does over 210mph, and the Z06 tops out at 198mph. I'm surprised this hasnt brought up. Almost as surprised as the assault on the Ford GT from the GM guys, and i STILL havent seen ANY proof. Not even from a lame *** Motor Trend magazine.
The base model C6 does 189mph. Do you really think that 105 additional horse power only translates into 9 more mph? I can't tell you how I know this but this car can do over 200mph. The the Ford GT has the higher top speed but the Z06 will hang with it until you go beyond 200mph.
I've been told by a a few of the Vette officials here that she only does 198, and if it did 200mph, wouldnt somebody have done it by now and documented it? Not only are there a few vids of people doing in excess of 200mph in a Ford GT, MotorTrend even mustered up the nuts to prove it could do it. I dont see why it wouldnt bust out the double century either, but C6vette told me what was up. Besides, we've argued a point to death enough times on this forum for both of us to know that neither one of us is "auto-illiterate"