Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

smashed another 96' Z28...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 06:46 PM
DUB 6
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: smashed another 96' Z28...

ORIGINAL: sidewayz4.6

I wasn't being one sided. I happen to be pro Chevy anyway. I just can't believe how scared of Camaro's the people on this forum are. It's even funnier when the "Stock for Stock" conversation comes up. For some reason the LS1 always comes out on top. Logically, the Cobra should beat the **** out of damn near everything around. (Z06 Ommited) It's freaking 390hp for crying out loud. Against an SS or WS6, that shouldn't even be a race. But it manages to always be close.

Saying I'm one sided is a joke. I don't even like Fords. (i.e. See my post on the '05 GT at the track) I wasn't picking your post apart. I was looking at the whole picture. Everyone is LS1. I wasn't pointing at you anyway...

However, comparing what you've seen at test and tune night is BS. There are a lot of beat offs that can't drive worth a crap. Hence the argument that Dan and I got into about the GTO. So you're comparing drivers that don't have a clue. And I hate to be a magazine racer here, but MM&FF's got a Cobra Convertible into the 12's (while smoking the tires) So imagine what that car is capable of. (Stock of course)
I have to agree with you sideways......I've owned both cars as well and i have to tell you the 03-04 cobras are alot faster than the LS1 maro and birds...It's not even close.....

Most LS1's can run 13.4-13.5 range, and that's the SS times.....but i have an article where MM@FF got one into the very very high 12's but this magazine also got the 04 cobra coupe to run a 12.4@115 with just a tire pressure adjustment, the vert ran a 12.77@111....03-04 Cobra's dyno more horsepower to the rear wheels than the LS1's make at the flywheel....There's a BIG Difference in performance between the two....
Old 08-27-2004, 07:13 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

'03+ Cobra's are badass, probably the only Mustang I'd ever own. I'm glad GM is talking about having over 400hp in the next Camaro, that way the f-body can compete with the Cobra stock for stock, not just the Vette. Most of the real f-body fans don't want to see a blown f-body out of the factory though, they like the big cubes creating the same amount of power.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:28 PM
DUB 6
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 98LS1

'03+ Cobra's are badass, probably the only Mustang I'd ever own. I'm glad GM is talking about having over 400hp in the next Camaro, that way the f-body can compete with the Cobra stock for stock, not just the Vette. Most of the real f-body fans don't want to see a blown f-body out of the factory though, they like the big cubes creating the same amount of power.
When will the next camaro be out....? I haven't heard anything about them....I hope chevy will come back with them..