Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Got dusted by a duster

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:21 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got dusted by a duster

ORIGINAL: moparrr07

m.o.p.a.r.
move over please approaching rapidly

f.o.r.d.
found on roads dead
first on race day... to break

what you can buy a terminater for 20 grand and go 12.9 in the 1/4
or you can buy a 5grand muscle car with a decent body and a small block add some small tuneup parts and run the same

yea, yea the 03 will have creature comforts but, thats just the different of new and old cars-

i cant aford $20k, so i take my $2000 and i will put $10000 in it and run low 11s, pull nearly a g on the corners and stop from 60 in under a hundred feet, plus not to mention, it cool factor is way higher

dont get me wrong, there are plenty of new car out there that can do the same, just depends on the $$$ you want to spend, and your abbilities

i have no money, but plenty of time and tons of skills- my choise is made up
Lets put this in perspective, comparing a car built in the 60's to of all things a Terminator is wrong. Take inflation and the cars aren't priced as differently as you think. Performance wise NOTHING built in the 60's runs 12's and gets better than 20mpg has power windows, ac, rides well and can be raced around a curve.
It's simply not an apples to apples comparison. I respect all Muscle cars, more so the ones in the 60's and early 70's because they are what we use today as benchmarks and they just fugging rock.

It's not a matter of why you bought what you bought, what matters is you bought it and enjoy it, the rest is bullsh*t. Enjoy the ride!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:25 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

and what kind of a car are you performing these feats in? a dart?

i have less than 5 grand in my car, including buying the 340, running mid to low 12s, but id have to see an a-body that will do all of that on a low budget.

and mopar stands for
My
Own
Personal
Asphalt
Remover.
Can you imagine a world without FoMoCo, GM or MOPAR? Hell no and thank God for the rivalry!! My best friend HATES Ford so we have some healthy debates and I wouldn't have it any other way. We are all brothers n sistersin the all night wrenching to race or cruize on Saturday craze.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:56 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moparrr07

im a guy from the big block dart site, while i still dont have a bigblock in my car yet, it doesnt mean i dont know a thing or 2 about bb mopars: this is what i ahve to say

1. hotrod mag made a dart run in the twelves for under $2000 including the price of the car, sure it looked like a turd but 12s

2. 340 dusters back in the day may have been rated in the mid 14s but with different tires and a couple mods (before cold air intakes) they would be running in the 12s

3. 340 dusters were rated at 275 hp but when dynoed, alot of times made 325(gross) hp at the wheels- (now everyone here, go look up what gross hp means)

4. most of our cars (dusters) get the bad rep because some hilllbilly is hotroding a old and tired 318 around, see the dodge truck comercial where the hillbillys jump the white duster

5. with a mildly built engine, with the proper drivetrain and a good suspention, our cars can get in the 11 easily and 10s with the right parts, and that can be done for under $10,000- while that seems like alot, thats basically everthing but the body

6. if you were to accually compare a chrysler frame(body) with a mustang frame(frame) in size and strength, you would cringe in you seats, the older mustang were so weak, why do you think they only weighed 2700 lbs

7. theres no replacment for displacment, not 3 valves, pi heads, or even a 4v head, 281ci just isnt enough
Dude, why are you actually wasting time trying to compare old school big block carb motors to modern small block fuelies? They might as well be from two different planets. It's bad enough ppl in here get into heated arguments comparing cars that were made 4 or 5 years apart.........you want to compare cars/motors from two different centuries?[8D]

Look, no one will doubt thefinancial logicof building an older car for your performance needs........but "some" of us like the idea of building up a more modern car....hard as that might be for u to understand. Can you build a 9 second car for alot cheaper than what it'd take for me to turn my 05 GT into a 9 second ride?........absolutely. Does that mean I should sell my GT and go buy an old Mopar? Umm...........no. I like my AC, disc brakes, stupidly stiff chassis (without the need for a cage), modern suspension, and smooth drivetrain that actually makes more than 12 mpg (when my foot isn't in it).

You wanna bash me for having a blower? Go head........really makes me lose sleep, let me tell ya. And next time you're in your daily driver modern Hemi truck/car.....don't be a spoil sport if my GT peels the paint off your car when I come by you. Me and my wee little bitty 4.6 with the cold air intake and twin screw blower.

Enjoy you car hobby, don't turn into the Mopar equivalent of a holy roller and come on this site acting like we're all fools for building up cars that aren't 30 years old.[:'(]