Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Mustang GT vs SRT8

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:44 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang GT vs SRT8

Have you run that car at the track yet since your cams?

ORIGINAL: nothsa

ORIGINAL: JasonB

A srt-8 Charger willbeat a stockmustang gt, my magnum r/t can hang with a mustang gt in a race and I can top end him, and thats my 4100 pound daily driver.....

Once you start modding the mustang then its a whole different game, but stock, your gonna lose, its very hard to mod these cars, I have not even touched my srt-8 and the mods I have done so far to the magnum have costed a TON for little gain....

Main reason im trying to get my hands on a GT500... these mustangs are just incredible to mod.
A magnum R/T wouldn't stand a chance against a GT, let alone a Magnum SRT-8. Those two cars are slugs and from a dig dont stand a chance as from experience.

I raced a SRT-8 Magnum from a dig three times and took home 100 cash because he wouldn't keep his big mouth shut. That is needless to say he went home with his mouth shut and with a lighter wallet.

-Jeff
Old 04-29-2007, 10:54 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

A srt-8 Charger willbeat a stockmustang gt, my magnum r/t can hang with a mustang gt in a race and I can top end him, and thats my 4100 pound daily driver.....

Once you start modding the mustang then its a whole different game, but stock, your gonna lose, its very hard to mod these cars, I have not even touched my srt-8 and the mods I have done so far to the magnum have costed a TON for little gain....

Main reason im trying to get my hands on a GT500... these mustangs are just incredible to mod.
whoa nelly....I ate both the magnum SRT8 and Charger SRT 8 before I was supercharged with just a CAI...KOOKS LT and a tune...now ..well its just plain embarrassing to them....please....line em up...."I'll be your huckleberry" (in case some do not know, quote by Val Kilmer as Doc from Tombstone)
Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I raced a SRT-8 Magnum from a dig three times and took home 100 cash
If that's with the HP in your sig then it doesn't count. Now, if it was when you wereTOTALLY stock, then ok.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:03 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

PRGT, your mod list is pretty good though... but those neon srt8's are no joke! some guys around frederick have their boost levels on the turbo cranked the hell up... and those cars hall some major a$$!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

"SAY WHEN" That's from Doc in Tombstone also lol
Old 04-29-2007, 11:58 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Love Val Kilmer in that, hucklelberry!!
Old 04-30-2007, 12:12 AM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

The only competion from the SRT8 production is the charger.It will beat you if you miss shift or screw up anyway at all.ButIF you can drive you will edge one out stock for stock.Ive seen it done from a dig numerous times here in S.FLA by myself and other GT(Stick)owners.Stock for stock I might add too.But from about a 25-30 mph roll those chargers will most typically beat you if stock for stock!Now an SRT8 Jeep will slaughter a GT!They run ultra low 13s!If anyone who lives in S.FLAowns an SRT8 Magnum/Chargerwants to prove me wrong then PM me!Im not exactly stock as my sig shows but Ive got some guys who are!
Old 04-30-2007, 12:14 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

"he was just wound a little too tight." another great quote....great movie by the way....but we digress...I say bring on the DODGE SPECIAL RACE TEAM VEHICLES....My slowpony is getting hungry..
Old 04-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

whoa nelly....I ate both the magnum SRT8 and Charger SRT 8 before I was supercharged with just a CAI...KOOKS LT and a tune...now ..well its just plain embarrassing to them....please....line em up...."I'll be your huckleberry" (in case some do not know, quote by Val Kilmer as Doc from Tombstone)
Actually the quote is: "I'm your huckleberry."

But close enough.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I have been beside some, buthave no hadoneto challenge me yet

Quick Reply: Mustang GT vs SRT8