Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Smoked 30th Anniversary TA

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:38 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: Smoked 30th Anniversary TA

ORIGINAL: s197richie

ORIGINAL: JD1969

ORIGINAL: 94GT300

what do u drive? and not to be an *** but why would that be "picking on" the car sincea full bolt/geared ls1 will run with/beat most blown new edges....
+1 if he claimed a 9 sec 1/4 that is NOT picking on him...

p.s. way to send that dinosaur pushrod crying home to mama!

Yea a dinosaur pushrod engine that still makes more HP than your whiz bang 3v per cyclinder, overhead cam monster.
OP the guy deserved to be smacked down if he claimed to run 9's and was the challenging you.. greatr kill.
I see you're like a four-star general around here, so I'll word my reply very carefully...

The lt1 camaros started at 275hp, ended at 285...ls1s I believe started at 300, maybe picked up to 320 by the time GM stopped making f-bodys because everyone was buying a mustang instead (although I don't pat myself on the back for that - enthusiasts had little to do with it since the majority of stangs sold are auto v6 verts). The quarter-mile for an LT1 was 14.0-14.2, LS1 was about 13.6-13.8...that puts the s197 ahead of both by 1/4 mile and slightly ahead of lt1's hp, slightly behind ls1's...
If you look in the urban dictionary under mustang, someone wrote "what's the difference between mustang, camaro, firebird? The sheet metal, you morons." Solid-axle domestic v8s the same.
So, stock vs stock, why the statement that f-bodys produce more power when the s197 will run the traps faster than either, and the f-body's added weight offsets the extra ponies? And I don't want to hear about the small percentage of 12.99 1/4 mile ls1s people were posting about back when these cars were still being made.
And why are you defending f-bodys on a mustang forum?
BTW I had a 93 lt1 so I know plenty about these cars, I'm not just a ford fanboy out ignorantly bashing gm...
Please note how professional and courteous I was or tried to be due to your status on this site...any newbie I would've jumped on but I respect your contributions to this forum so let's have a civilized discussion about this, shall we?
I am on this forum because the admin/owner asked me to help out. I have plenty of experiance with Mustangs, having built 2 NMRA race cars, along with a bunch of regular street car builds,and currently putting a blown, sprayed 4.6 4V (5.0 stroker)together for a customer (yes I get paid to build cars for a living). The reason I am defending an f-body is that your info is wrong. I know your just quoting the rated numbers, but it has been proven over and over that the numbers that the LS1's were rated at was complete and total BS. It was done because GM did not want the f-body twins to be rated the same as the Vette, (even though the engine is identical). I operate a dyno nearly everyday at my shop and can tell that my findings and claims are from first hand experiance, not waht some magazine or web site says.As far as to why the f-bodies were canceled, you guys can claim that the Mustang killed them all you want, but the real reason is because of a labor dispute with the Canadian plant that was building the cars. I took no offence to your calling me out, but know this, this site and THIS section in particular welcomes all car people, many of us who currently own a "nonner" also own or at some point owned a Stang.

BTW 72MachOne99GT, there was no '67 or '68 Trans Am, they began production on the T/A in '69.........so 1969+30=1999
Old 06-26-2007, 05:45 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Richie, on behalf of LS1 owners everywhere I formally invite you to stop posting LS1 info. You don't have a clue.
Oh, and being anoob it probably isn't very tactful of you to ask members who have been here a lot longer than yourself to leave. Especially when their knowledge on the subject at hand greatly exceeds yours.
S197 slightly ahead of the LS1 in the 1/4 mile.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 06-26-2007, 05:50 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

I see you're like a four-star general around here, so I'll word my reply very carefully...

The lt1 camaros started at 275hp, ended at 285...ls1s I believe started at 300, maybe picked up to 320 by the time GM stopped making f-bodys because everyone was buying a mustang instead (although I don't pat myself on the back for that - enthusiasts had little to do with it since the majority of stangs sold are auto v6 verts). The quarter-mile for an LT1 was 14.0-14.2, LS1 was about 13.6-13.8...that puts the s197 ahead of both by 1/4 mile and slightly ahead of lt1's hp, slightly behind ls1's...
If you look in the urban dictionary under mustang, someone wrote "what's the difference between mustang, camaro, firebird? The sheet metal, you morons." Solid-axle domestic v8s the same.
So, stock vs stock, why the statement that f-bodys produce more power when the s197 will run the traps faster than either, and the f-body's added weight offsets the extra ponies? And I don't want to hear about the small percentage of 12.99 1/4 mile ls1s people were posting about back when these cars were still being made.
And why are you defending f-bodys on a mustang forum?
BTW I had a 93 lt1 so I know plenty about these cars, I'm not just a ford fanboy out ignorantly bashing gm...
Please note how professional and courteous I was or tried to be due to your status on this site...any newbie I would've jumped on but I respect your contributions to this forum so let's have a civilized discussion about this, shall we?
Wiff.... nice try though.. even after owning one you know very little about them.... LT1 = 300 crank hp... LS1 = 345 crank hp...

And fwiw look at my sig for what a typical 'average driver' can do in an F-body bone stock....

An S197 runs the ET it does because it hooks up better. Period. Trap speeds tell the whole truth here....
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

The LT1 was rated differently in the Vette than it was in the F-body, just like the LS1.
As far as what they run, I ran 13.52 with my car when stock and my g/f ran 13.36 in her stock '01 Z28, auto with 2.73 gears (better 60 ft). 3.42-geared 6-speeds are faster.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:32 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

what do u drive? and not to be an *** but why would that be "picking on" the car sincea full bolt/geared ls1 will run with/beat most blown new edges....

hey everybody...look up...this is my original post...I'm congratulating an s197 owner for pwing an f-body. All over the internet right now, mustang owners are bragging about beating vettes and fbodys, fbodys are bragging about beating vipers and porsches, hondas are bragging about beating mustangs, etc. etc. I didn't expect to be ganged up on by a bunch of f-body fans hanging out in a mustang forum. Yes most if not all of my lt1/ls1 info is from magazine tests and my personal 93 z28, and if gm was sandbagging to sell more vettes that's news to me. Although I don't see why since the camaro's aimed at the younger buyer and vettes are more of an old person/ newly divorced / midlife crisis vehicle and also 2 seat vs. 4 seat, solid vs indy rear, cheap to mod vs. expensive to mod, I think the buyers could've made their own decisions without the hp ratings. I dislike f-bodys because they were overpriced when they were made (38K for a t/a vert?) and they were a big wide car that felt like driving a garage door with wheels on it. I considered a GTO but again the price for what you're getting is too high...the Mustang has been $25k for the past x amount of years and you can take your extra dough and mod the ***** off of it.
I'm sure that this pi$$ing contest will continue, but just wanted to point out that I was only congratulating a MUSTANG (read it again MUSTANG) forum member on his victory. What is wrong with that? BTW congratulate me bichess, my first kill went down last saturday: a c5 from a dig... equipped with, guess what, an LS1 and I plan on pwning many an ls1 equipped fbody and vette in the future with my lil ol 25K stang with very very few mods...I don't care what those cars supposedly ran vs. what the mags said, i'll take em on, it's time for me to leave work for the day so we'll continue this later on...
Old 06-26-2007, 07:01 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Nothing wrong with you giving him a pat on the back..its the bad info that people don't like...

BTW my 2001 Z28 was 22K (Still have the windows sticker)... overpriced?? The 'specialty' cars commanded high price tags and are as overpriced as abase saleen or rousch imho. Some people pay more for an exclusive model for nothing more than bragging rights or just not wanting to drive what everyone else has. Not my thing but if you paid 30+ K for an f-body you just blew a lot of money for nothing or you had the money and didn't care what it cost you just wanted an SS/WS6/Firehawk because.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:45 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

My car also stickered for about $22k, anyone who paid $38k for an F-body should check out this bridge I'm selling.
I didn't start in on the "ganging up" until you listed erroneous LS1 info, trying to make it sound like the S197 GT is faster. It is not.
BTW that LS1 Corvette makes more power than your car and weighs less; youshould have lost.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:09 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

hey everybody...look up...this is my original post...I'm congratulating an s197 owner for pwing an f-body. All over the internet right now, mustang owners are bragging about beating vettes and fbodys, fbodys are bragging about beating vipers and porsches, hondas are bragging about beating mustangs, etc. etc. I didn't expect to be ganged up on by a bunch of f-body fans hanging out in a mustang forum. Yes most if not all of my lt1/ls1 info is from magazine tests and my personal 93 z28, and if gm was sandbagging to sell more vettes that's news to me. Although I don't see why since the camaro's aimed at the younger buyer and vettes are more of an old person/ newly divorced / midlife crisis vehicle and also 2 seat vs. 4 seat, solid vs indy rear, cheap to mod vs. expensive to mod, I think the buyers could've made their own decisions without the hp ratings. I dislike f-bodys because they were overpriced when they were made (38K for a t/a vert?) and they were a big wide car that felt like driving a garage door with wheels on it. I considered a GTO but again the price for what you're getting is too high...the Mustang has been $25k for the past x amount of years and you can take your extra dough and mod the ***** off of it.
I'm sure that this pi$$ing contest will continue, but just wanted to point out that I was only congratulating a MUSTANG (read it again MUSTANG) forum member on his victory. What is wrong with that? BTW congratulate me bichess, my first kill went down last saturday: a c5 from a dig... equipped with, guess what, an LS1 and I plan on pwning many an ls1 equipped fbody and vette in the future with my lil ol 25K stang with very very few mods...I don't care what those cars supposedly ran vs. what the mags said, i'll take em on, it's time for me to leave work for the day so we'll continue this later on...
Well I guess I started it because I made a comment about his 3v not making as much power as a so called "dinosaur" motor. So what, this is the street/strip section, there will always be a trash talking in here. Besides that the Mustang used a "dinosaur" motor for a long time. And why is that it's always some noob that cries "this is a Mustang forumwhy arethe f-body guys are picking me". When you post wrong info, you will get Mustang guys calling you on it as well, like 72MachOne99GTdid. Some of these f-body guys have been here for a long time and for a noob to tell them they don't belong here is not going to fly very well.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

GREAT KILL[sm=happy046.gif]
Old 06-26-2007, 08:17 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

Richie, you just tried to say that your not a fanboy, that you konw all about these cars, and blah blah blah and such and such.

Yet you 'know' that the LS1's made 300hp, and then grew to 320's.... I dont, wont, and have never owned an LS1 and I konw that all those numbers are bull****.

LS1's=right about 300 to the wheels, no matter what

Next, again, since you know so much I would have thought you knew that LS1's did better than 13.6-13.8 all of the time.

Again, youre either in denial, or you just have no idea what youre talking about.

the car magazines' test tracks do not run uphill, so ruling out a conspiracy theory why would you say the quarter mile times posted by all of the mags would be misleading? My history racing vs. ls1s is as follows: at moroso with my 93 z28 with approx. 110kon it, sagging auto, 3:55s, hollowed-out cat, flowmaster, k&n fipk, mobil one and drag radials I repeated spanked the ls1 vette in other lane (I was running about 13.6-13.7 his best was 13.8). Just the other day I beat another ls1 vette with my 3v with mods listed below. I still say the ls1 fbody and vette 1/4 times were 13.6-13.8, and I've got the taillight testing to prove it. Just to settle this, let's go get a brand new ls1 fbody and race it against my car - oops, they stopped making them because nobody bought them!!! Mustang = 1964 Camaro = 1967, Camaro = RIP Mustang = still inproduction and always will be

Quick Reply: Smoked 30th Anniversary TA