Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Raced one of our own

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:39 AM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Default Raced one of our own

After the raining stopped today I had the chance to race a Silver 1999 Pony Mustang.[8D]
Met him at a friend of a friends birthday party, we got to talking, discussing the good and bad things about owning a Mustang...(we both laughed about the Trunk Release being inside the glove box).
Well, we set it up a few miles down the road at a dig with a good distance I'd put a little over a 1/4 mile followed by a mellow right turn followed by a small straightaway up to a circle of houses and a dead-end. Since the rain was dried up, we went for the entire thing.

I got the outside(slightly longer) lane since mine was a GT. We also sent a buddy to the end to make sure there was no oncoming traffic and no pedestrians.

He had my GT Auto. pretty badly at the start(the Manual advantage I guess?), After that I kept a decent pace on getting ahead of him, at the turn he slowed down HARD and gave me a chance to take him, so I only slowed a bit and folllowed through,(I actually drifted for like 1.5 seconds, I was proud and scared sh!tless[&:]) as soon as it turned into a straight strip I punched it.

Buddy at the end said I had him by a good 3 or 4 car lengths.[8D]

Old 07-08-2007, 12:48 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Default RE: Raced one of our own

nice kill, but I'm sure you learned that its not a good idea to race through curves/turns on the street (save that for an autocross track)

Did you say the other mustang was a sixxer?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:50 AM
mustangcat

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

nice kill, but I'm sure you learned that its not a good idea to race through curves/turns on the street (save that for an autocross track)

Did you say the other mustang was a sixxer?
Hell yeah I learned my lesson, I thought I was going to skid off the road [&:]
Yeah it was a sixxer stick.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:28 AM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangcat

After the raining stopped today I had the chance to race a Silver 1999 Pony Mustang.[8D]
Met him at a friend of a friends birthday party, we got to talking, discussing the good and bad things about owning a Mustang...(we both laughed about the Trunk Release being inside the glove box).
Well, we set it up a few miles down the road at a dig with a good distance I'd put a little over a 1/4 mile followed by a mellow right turn followed by a small straightaway up to a circle of houses and a dead-end. Since the rain was dried up, we went for the entire thing.

I got the outside(slightly longer) lane since mine was a GT. We also sent a buddy to the end to make sure there was no oncoming traffic and no pedestrians.

He had my GT Auto. pretty badly at the start(the Manual advantage I guess?), After that I kept a decent pace on getting ahead of him, at the turn he slowed down HARD and gave me a chance to take him, so I only slowed a bit and folllowed through,(I actually drifted for like 1.5 seconds, I was proud and scared sh!tless[&:]) as soon as it turned into a straight strip I punched it.

Buddy at the end said I had him by a good 3 or 4 car lengths.[8D]

wait so are you saying that we have a trunk release in our glove box??? hopefully that was also on early model SN95's too, I hate always having to use my keys to open my trunk.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:32 AM
mustangcat

Maybe it's just the 1999-2004 model but we did.
BEST PART OF THE NIGHT: was when after he race the guy that we sent to clear the road asked, "How much turbo are you pushing?"
...I stared at him for a few seconds than relized that my car has 80,000 and it whines when shifting.
"...Just a bit" I said
[8D]
Old 07-08-2007, 01:46 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

yea the sn-95 should have it also, but since you said your car doesnt have power windows or power locks it prob doesnt have it
Old 07-08-2007, 03:48 PM
NZ94Stang5.0
1st Gear Member

yeaa my 94 gt has it but i do have power windows/locks too