Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

R34 Nissan Skyline GTR (Stock) VS 3V Mustang GT (Stock)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 05:21 PM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: R34 Nissan Skyline GTR (Stock) VS 3V Mustang GT (Stock)

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

ORIGINAL: jakeachy

skyline=allah to ricers
Laughing my *** off! Yeah, some magazine ran a test between the Z06 and Skyline (almost same price). And the Z06 was a lot faster, a better handler, and was cheaper I believe. Not sure on the cheaper part/it's close either way. Plus the Vette is an 8 cylinder and doesn't sound like a noisy suzuki motorcycle.
i wonder if the rice community understands time and change. for the time part, im guessing all of the times they have beaten vipers or that one time they ran 16.98 in the 1/4.
as for the change, replacing clutches and changing the angle of their coffee can is clear with me.
what they dont know is that a supra tt isnt much more better than a terminator, a skyline isnt on par with some c5s, and that a semi-limited production car is spanking the skylines.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:36 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

R34s in the states are rare. G35s are not. I personally don't think of G35s when I think "Skyline"... that would be like me calling my "IS300" an "Altezza"... and Altezza it is not.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:46 PM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

a right hand car would suck some ***.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Yeah, imagine how hard driving would be when ur on the other side of ur car. Can we say an accident waiting to happen! BTW, does this skline have a steering wheel transfer kit to the right(not right as in opposite of left)side?
Old 09-28-2007, 05:53 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

There used to be a company that imported them over from Japan and would do the left hand conversion for you and make them US DOT legal for an assload of money. IIRC, they were the only company that was allowed to legally do it. I seem to remember they no longer do it though.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

It's funny some guys try to name their IS300's, Altezza's, while on the other hand they badge their Altezza's with lexus emblems! I've said it before on other threads, i live in little tokyo lol a.k.a South American Suriname. 90% of all cars here are pre-owned japanese.

Skyline GTST's are very common, Civic's and Corrola's most common. However i doubt that the GTR Skyline is common anywhere in the world besides Japan ofcourse. Japan had some messed up regulations prohibiting Nissan from producing more than 300hp back in the production days of the GTR, that's why they built a car that was not superfast but rather super potential.

And it's probably 100% true that the Vette out performed the GTR on every front however i doubt it was a 2001 vette or older model. I drool just as much when i see a cobra as when i see a gtr.

Are there any R34's in the states? i thought they only made right-steered versions. luckily for us we have no regulations about anything over here lol. Skyline GTR 2001 goes for about $35000 over here. a brand new 07-08 mustang for about $45000. ( MSRP$26000 (GT) $2000 shipping 79% import fees).

I'll post some pics of his car by sunday morning.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Where do u live?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:53 PM
joshafmil
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WRXtranceformed

It's like you said, because you never see them here. They're more rare than most exotic cars. My buddy lives in New Zealand, and he linked me to some of his Autotrader ads there and there are THOUSANDS of Skylines there. They're seriously just as common, if not more so, than Civics. That car is still cool over there, it just doesn't have that legendary status like it does here.

The Skyline is well-known for good reason btw. I remember reading that it pretty much dominated all of the road racing circuits it entered. It is not designed to be a straight line car, just like the STI / EVO isn't.
im sure they are like foxbody mustangs over here, and prolly hold somewhat of the same status...

and i know its a good car, i was just saying we make it into something different because we dont see the skyline name on it.

also what was said before is true, the g35 is a skyline. the 350z is also basically just that. they all share the same stuff.

so we have to wonder why the skyline is a big deal, and not the g35? maybe its the awd that sets it apart in our minds? or maybe its just the talk. and like i said, i know its a dam nice car, just isnt so nice i hold it any higher then its sister platforms
Old 09-28-2007, 08:06 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Well, the R34 was twin-turbocharged and AWD, giving it huge aftermarket potential. The newer "Skylines" whether they're in the US or Japan are not boosted, and are really nothing special when compared to their older brothers. Except for maybe that new GTR that is coming out, but that's going to be like $70k or something? I can't remember.

A buddy of mine imported an R34 chassis and is in the process of a full build. I'd be willing to put money on it being more ridiculous and more costly than any project that's even been done on this board. Custom molded carbon fiber body kit, custom transmission, custom block that makes the one in my STi look like child's play. The longblock alone set him back about a couple grand more than the cost of a brand new STI
[sm=jawdrop.gif]
The engine has been tuned for his single big turbo setup and a 250 shot of nitrous and hit 1175whp... on its break in hah! AWD, that much power and that low of a weight is going to make that thing unbelievable. What's funny is, he got tired of waiting for the build to be done, so he bought a 750+whp Lingenfelter twin-turbo C6 Z06 to play around in. I'm in the wrong line of business!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:18 PM
joshafmil
4th Gear Member

aaannndddd..... thats basically not a skyline anymore...

theres a point when your car is no longer what is says on the badge. what he is making is a kit car, based on the skyline frame.

im sure if you spent the same amount of cash, and custom made EVERYTHING on a 350z, or almost any car for that matter, it would be super badass.

wondering tho, the engine is more then a brand new sti for 1175 hp? hell the big block of my dreams is a 514 cubic inch 625hp n/a for like 8k. drop a nice super on that, and im sure that hp could be made easy. not saying its not a sick build. but its simply not a skyline...

EDIT: to add, when you see drag monsters out there, built from a mustang... i really dont consider them mustangs if everything is replaced. i just consider it a ford, based on a mustang.

Quick Reply: R34 Nissan Skyline GTR (Stock) VS 3V Mustang GT (Stock)