Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

R34 Nissan Skyline GTR (Stock) VS 3V Mustang GT (Stock)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:31 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Default RE: R34 Nissan Skyline GTR (Stock) VS 3V Mustang GT (Stock)

Yeah, I wasn't giving that example to make any kind of point, it was just a fun fact[8D] 1175 all wheel horsepower on a break in tune is pretty impressive out of a 6 banger!

The only point I had, and why people make such a big deal about R33 to R34 Skylines is that they are turbocharged and AWD. The new "Skylines" are not.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:17 PM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67mustang302

I think Skylines are way overpriced for the performance they come with from the factory
This is kind of a dumb comment. All import cars are more money than domestic.(including euorpean cars.) import tax, shipped from the country, u.s. regulations, etc. You may ask why toyota camry's and honda civic's are cheap, well guess what there made here(u.s.) Funny thing is G.M and Ford manufactoring companies are starting and have been sprouting up in mexico and canada. But thats beside point.

anyways, like another person said the infiniti g35 is the skyline in japan.So the skyline isn't that expensive.that car isn't too expensive.why???? because it was maufactored here. I'm sure everyone knows hondais acura, toyota is lexus, nissan is infinti. They just slapped on different names when the cars started to become manufactored here. It was so the "wealthier" people buying themcould think their not driving some cheap little import car.

Even with probably everyone knowing the paragraph above, most people would think its wierd for a $40,000+ honda, toyota, etc. For example the 2007 acura tl-s. If it was called a honda, people would be like wtf you spent that much on a ricer?? Acura sounds more sophisticated and americanized than an asian's last name. Agree???
Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

You make some good points, but there are people out there that could argue: Why would you pay 50k+ for a Ford? (GT500)[8D]
Old 09-28-2007, 11:43 PM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WRXtranceformed

You make some good points, but there are people out there that could argue: Why would you pay 50k+ for a Ford? (GT500)[8D]
Your right, but if anyone has seen a GT500(which probably everyone has) they would know why that beast is 50k+. I also am confused why you didn't use the Ford GT(new limitedproduction remakeof the GT40, yes i know its been out for a couple years i just didn't want to confuse people with the ford gt mustang.)foryour example.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:52 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

If you've ever sat in or driven a brand new Lexus LS460, you'd know why that car is a 60k+ Toyota too

Ha ha you're right about the GT, it's weird though... I don't even consider it a Ford for some reason, even though it obviously is. It's such a rare example of a supercar that when you see it, you truly understand how unique it is.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:57 PM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WRXtranceformed

If you've ever sat in or driven a brand new Lexus LS460, you'd know why that car is a 60k+ Toyota too

Ha ha you're right about the GT, it's weird though... I don't even consider it a Ford for some reason, even though it obviously is. It's such a rare example of a supercar that when you see it, you truly understand how unique it is.
+1 on everything you said

wrx, you probably think i'm obsessed with ford and american cars.(mainly because i'm defending them so much)funny thing is my dad has never owned an american car. he has owned many german and britishcars includinga jaguar,bmw m3, and he owns a porsche boxter s now (silver w/ red leather, 19's rear and 18's front. That car is so sick[8D]. It's just all i can afford is a mustang(or a old ****ty civic etc...). My friend has a wrx sti and i wish i had one, but once again not enough $$$.

btw, what does sti mean??? i'm to lazy to google it. lol
Old 09-29-2007, 12:02 AM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Hey I'm all for it man, I love 'Stangs too... that's why I'm here

Besides... someone's gotta represent the ricers right??!?
Old 09-29-2007, 12:04 AM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

can you look at the post above, wrx....i edited it like 5 times with a question at the end.

also this is my favorite lexus (sc430). not the ls460[8D]

Link with more PICS!!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 12:07 AM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Subaru Technica International
Old 09-29-2007, 12:20 AM
shifty711
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67mustang302

I think Skylines are way overpriced for the performance they come with from the factory
Well, I guess if by performance you mean acceleration. Everywhere else in the world, performance is measured by the cars ability to go around a track. In america, it is how fast a car can drive straight for 1/4 mile.

Booo 1/4 mile

Quick Reply: R34 Nissan Skyline GTR (Stock) VS 3V Mustang GT (Stock)