Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

stang vr. evo

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 12:57 PM
mustanggtrider
1st Gear Member

Default RE: stang vr. evo

Living near chicago i see evos dominating muscle cars around here all the time. My one friend lost against one in a new 400hp gto and he had 100 shot of nitrous. This evo on the line drops the clutch in first at 5000 rps when he takes off its like a rocket. I would think he would brake a axle or 2 but nope.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:40 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

A stock mustang convertible "bouncing" off the 150 mph mark. . . yeah i dont think so
Old 11-11-2007, 03:09 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangcat

ORIGINAL: supra12987

so i just got home from a day of driving and befor i got home a evo pulled up next to me so i decided to **** around and give him a run, never ran one befor so i wanted to c how id do with what i thought was a stock evo, it was a sleeper,on the highway at 80 i was in fourth an egged it on an we dropped it down at the same time (me to third gear) an i started takin off till his boost kicked in, an he gave me an *** beating an im not afriad to admit it cause im not a cocky ricer type of guy, and this evo come to find out had a built motor, shooting 4 foot flames out racing, i had the needle bounce off 150 an he would hit the gas an just freakin take off on me, so far ive had this stang about 6 months an this is only the second car to beat me (mainy due to the streets around here being infested with hondas an other ricers) so moral of the story is!!! im thinkin about gettin an evo also just to build it lol o an also looks can be decieving ha
......What

Both of my friends' STi's will shoot flames if they're racing someone. Nowhere near 4 foot, but flames nonetheless. It's kinda cool looking if you're trailing the cars racing.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scg87

so i just got home from a day of driving and befor i got home a evo pulled up next to me so i decided to **** around and give him a run, never ran one befor so i wanted to c how id do with what i thought was a stock evo, it was a sleeper,on the highway at 80 i was in fourth an egged it on an we dropped it down at the same time (me to third gear) an i started takin off till his boost kicked in, an he gave me an *** beating an im not afriad to admit it cause im not a cocky ricer type of guy, and this evo come to find out had a built motor, shooting 4 foot flames out racing, i had the needle bounce off 150 an he would hit the gas an just freakin take off on me, so far ive had this stang about 6 months an this is only the second car to beat me (mainy due to the streets around here being infested with hondas an other ricers) so moral of the story is!!! im thinkin about gettin an evo also just to build it lol o an also looks can be decieving ha
......What

Both of my friends' STi's will shoot flames if they're racing someone. Nowhere near 4 foot, but flames nonetheless. It's kinda cool looking if you're trailing the cars racing.
Most hopped up turbo cars will do that when you let off the throttle.4 foot flames is pretty funny though. You could start a forest fire or something with that kind of flame thrower. And doing 150 and he pulls off and just leaves you?? what were you racing an Evo or an F14 fighter jet? I personally love the EVO 9 great car. I dont think Im going to like the Evo 10 nearly as much.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:13 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

......What

Most hopped up turbo cars will do that when you let off the throttle.4 foot flames is pretty funny though. You could start a forest fire or something with that kind of flame thrower. And doing 150 and he pulls off and just leaves you?? what were you racing an Evo or an F14 fighter jet? I personally love the EVO 9 great car. I dont think Im going to like the Evo 10 nearly as much.

I heard the Evo IX's suck for tuning, though. Something about their MIVEC is a pain in the ***. Doesn't work well with mods, or something to that effect. I read an article on JUN's Exo IX not too long ago, and they said the reason why their build was so "mild" was because they were still trying to work around it's MIVEC system. I know stock for stock, though, the Evo IX's eat VIII's alive up top.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:15 PM
AZ SNAKE
2nd Gear Member

Ive never seen a car shoot flames. Im always in the front. LOL Bouncing off 150 in a GT is impressive.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:59 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mvr

evo's are quick cars, my buddy has a 03 evo8. i always liked the way they looked, if i was into imports thats the car id have one. i raced one kid in town who has one from a light, he missed second and i dominated him till i hit 3rd gear. a bolt on, geared gt will be a drivers race with a lightly moded evo 8.
the 9's are good for low 13's stock.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:07 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

damn i want one badly but the price is out of my range
Old 11-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Evos are def. cars that shouldnt be taken lightely. You never know...
[align=left] [/align]
Old 11-12-2007, 08:42 AM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

......What

its not just cars with F/I, I was talking to a guy the other day with a lambo (I was out drinking with a bunch of guys who work in oil and gas[8D]) and he said his car does the same thing, I think his only modifications were a full exhaust

edit

I found the video they made that got them all arrested, hahahah......the street was not blocked off

here

Quick Reply: stang vr. evo