Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

i traded my gto for a srt4

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 10:29 AM
wesman6

Default RE: i traded my gto for a srt4

I PMed my phone number to you.

I think you may be confusing a Forge BOV with a Forge Wastegate Actuator? I don't think Forge makes an external wasteagte.

Ah nm I just noticed your sig said Greddy BOV.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:43 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

i just sent u a video via phone, i hopeu get it soon
Old 11-20-2007, 12:59 PM
wesman6

I just got the video. You have an externally wastegated standard bearing50 trim it appears.There is no water jacket in the turbo's center section, so I don't think it's a BB turbo.As far as I know, most of the SRT-4 kits put togethergot watercooling with BB upgrades.The wastegate is the domed metal thing to the left of the turbo if your looking at it from the front of your car. It looks like a TiAl wastegate. You must not be running a boost controller because the top fitting on your wastegate is venting to atmosphere. So you're pretty muchgoing off the wastegate spring for psi.

You also have AGP dog bone motor mounts and a nice AGP oil accumulator (Catch Can). I don't see any labels on the injectors so not sure if they're upgraded, but I would imagine they are with the boost you are running.

Looks like a pretty capable SRT-4 you have there. On 21 psi, I'd put you in the at least 360-390 hp range. I made 371 hp on 19 psiat 1100ft elevation on pumpwith a standard bearing turbo like yours. My car made more hp then most thought I would have.If I were you, I'd be installing a wideband so you can monitor your AFRs. Without knowing you haveupgraded injectors and fuel pump, you'd be a timebomb waiting to go off.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:41 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wesman6

I just got the video. You have an externally wastegated standard bearing50 trim it appears.There is no water jacket in the turbo's center section, so I don't think it's a BB turbo.As far as I know, most of the SRT-4 kits put togethergot watercooling with BB upgrades.The wastegate is the domed metal thing to the left of the turbo if your looking at it from the front of your car. It looks like a TiAl wastegate. You must not be running a boost controller because the top fitting on your wastegate is venting to atmosphere. So you're pretty muchgoing off the wastegate spring for psi.

You also have AGP dog bone motor mounts and a nice AGP oil accumulator (Catch Can). I don't see any labels on the injectors so not sure if they're upgraded, but I would imagine they are with the boost you are running.

Looks like a pretty capable SRT-4 you have there. On 21 psi, I'd put you in the at least 360-390 hp range. I made 371 hp on 19 psiat 1100ft elevation on pumpwith a standard bearing turbo like yours. My car made more hp then most thought I would have.If I were you, I'd be installing a wideband so you can monitor your AFRs. Without knowing you haveupgraded injectors and fuel pump, you'd be a timebomb waiting to go off.
and u got all this info from a simpole video, damn if u know thru a video u know it too well. Thanks man i have another video that i might send. Yeah ther car did not come with any boost controler. The car has a stage 1 pcm i was told by the dealer.