Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

5.0 vs a 350z

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Alero99
3rd Gear Member

Default 5.0 vs a 350z

Pull into my local dunkin donuts, get called out... FRIENDLY RACE, winner buys loser shots at the bar...

line up 3 honks...

i rip the 350 out of the hole and hold the lead till about 50 and he makes it even and by 80 my nose was at his door...

i let off at about 85, he keep plowing through, comes back around we pull next to eacher i said damn that was close i did not expect that he said he left the car in Drive, run once more he is gonna use the sport mode or what ever its called those auto trannies... we go again, this time i left the hole very softly like an idiot stayed with him in first and once i his second he start piling on the bus lengths ... he said he was on it both times, but what ever he did the second time really made a difference...

my mods...
Bumped timing
Full Exhaust
Smog Pump ripped out
CAI
shift kit

his...

intake
tune

see kids, peak hp don't mean jack
Old 12-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Alero99
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 5.0 vs a 350z

there were spectator cars, one is a monte SS n/a V6

rumor had it he said he wanted a piece

so when he grows a pair and calls me out he'll get some soon and by then ill be even faster :-D
Old 12-08-2007, 07:38 PM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

Good race! I'm convinced Mustangs always come out faster than most out of the hole. Even races I've lost bad, I always take them out of the hole pretty hard!
Old 12-08-2007, 08:10 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

That's what I'd expect from a low mod 350Z against a NO mod fox.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

I really don't understand your animosity towards the Z's.... and seeing your response from a resurrected thread awhile back I thought I would make a follow up as to why I talk about them so much

every track day I went to with the stang was with my 40 year old friend who leased an automatic2004 350Z with DR's and a drop in

he was a bracket racer so he just left it in D and went... his best run to date has been 13.9 @ 100MPH with him normally dipping sub 14's at 98-99MPH... so the picture of me just going to drag times and posting crap without track time is kinda off

^^ Terry's car at Milan

the car has a decent stocktorque converter when used (which most people usually just stomp it)... it can tach damn near close to 3K before the car starts to shudder... every race we hadmy bolt on 2004 GT would win some and lose some before my 4.10's went on

so I do speak from experience when I say the earlier models with a 5 speed can hit high 13's... as the auto can do it in good conditions by itself... I just don't understand why your views are so skewed about the car... I think I remember you calling it a "mid 14 second car"
Old 12-08-2007, 08:41 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Morbid Intentions

I really don't understand your animosity towards the Z's.... and seeing your response from a resurrected thread awhile back I thought I would make a follow up as to why I talk about them so much

every track day I went to with the stang was with my 40 year old friend who leased an automatic2004 350Z with DR's and a drop in

he was a bracket racer so he just left it in D and went... his best run to date has been 13.9 @ 100MPH with him normally dipping sub 14's at 98-99MPH... so the picture of me just going to drag times and posting crap without track time is kinda off

^^ Terry's car at Milan

the car has a decent stocktorque converter when used (which most people usually just stomp it)... it can tach damn near close to 3K before the car starts to shudder... every race we hadmy bolt on 2004 GT would win some and lose some before my 4.10's went on

so I do speak from experience when I say the earlier models with a 5 speed can hit high 13's... as the auto can do it in good conditions by itself... I just don't understand why your views are so skewed about the car... I think I remember you calling it a "mid 14 second car"
What are you talking about???? TheOP said the Z won! Which I would have expected! 350z high 13 tomid 14 secondcar depending on drivervs. A fox vert. low 15 second car! And I still call them (350Z)a mid 14 second car with your averge weekend warrior behind the wheel.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

I was just correcting your misinformed opinion of me as I have observed... that is all

since a new Z thread came about I thought I would post info about it and at the same time state where my info came from while at the same time correcting some questions you may have had as to my credibilty when I talk about them
Old 12-08-2007, 08:48 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Oh,[sm=boohoo.gif] I'm so sorry I hurt your feeling before.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Oh,[sm=boohoo.gif] I'm so sorry I hurt your feeling before.
who said anything about hurt feelings, I'm not mad at all... and I really wasn't meaning for this to come off as an attack on you... I understand if you want to take it that way, but it wasn't.... sometimes I just want to make sure that people have their facts straight for future reference is all
Old 12-08-2007, 08:54 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Hey if your happy with the facts now then so am I, and all is right with the world again.

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs a 350z