Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Pulled hard on an 06 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 10:02 AM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Default RE: Pulled hard on an 06 GTO

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

ORIGINAL: drhoward

ORIGINAL: stanger99

ORIGINAL: meekstro

GTO is f-ugly....lol
This coming from somebody whos mustang they own is almost as ugly as a 74'. Lets face it the gto might resemble some cavaliers or whatever else but the 05+ stang looks ugly as $hit.
99-04 = best looking modern stang. 05+ = somewhere behind the 5.0 and 94-98.

What about us guys with a 5.0 that is also a 94-98[8D]
Thank god you guys are around so everyone can feel good about their rides.

[:@]damn you, lol
Old 01-22-2008, 04:18 PM
stanger99
2nd Gear Member

GTO is f-ugly....lol
This coming from somebody whos mustang they own is almost as ugly as a 74'. Lets face it the gto might resemble some cavaliers or whatever else but the 05+ stang looks ugly as $hit.

I didn't want to get into specifics but if it makes you feel better then by all means. But when you say 5.0 most think of pre 94' because not everybody knows that the 94-95 still had the 5.0.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:38 PM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: C6 VETTE

Gm does'nt pay my bills, so I could care less on what you get.....The majority of the racing enthusiasts on the planet would open the gas cap, **** in their gas tank followed with a lighted match to swap a 3v for a LS2.....So since you are one of the odd decision makers I thought I would inquire...

I will ask this, and yes you did'nt explain it......Perhaps you can explain what your definition is of "unrefined" when brought into the context of evaluating powerplants..?
Why continue to agonize over something we are never going to agree on.

I got a good chuckle over your3V to LS2 engineswap theory.Particularly after I got done readingan article covering an 8 second 3V. I'll bet he's just sick that he doesn't have an LS2.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:16 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lieu910

Gm does'nt pay my bills, so I could care less on what you get.....The majority of the racing enthusiasts on the planet would open the gas cap, **** in their gas tank followed with a lighted match to swap a 3v for a LS2.....So since you are one of the odd decision makers I thought I would inquire...

I will ask this, and yes you did'nt explain it......Perhaps you can explain what your definition is of "unrefined" when brought into the context of evaluating powerplants..?

I got a good chuckle over your3V to LS2 engineswap theory.Particularly after I got done readingan article covering an 8 second 3V. I'll bet he's just sick that he doesn't have an LS2.

Of course you twowill never agree but C6Vette does raise an interesting question... What exactly was unrefined about the LS2 engine? I am familair with the LS2 in the C6 Vette but not the GTO. From my experience, having driven/owned every LSXengine GM has put into their cars, I must say that I haven't been disappointed byany of them. Go get a 1997 LS1C5 Vette and even that engine impresses me for what it is. Quiet, responsive, and the fuel economy is a pleasant surprise. I have500+ rwhp and adveraged 28mpg onmy way to Fresno last week. From my extensive dealings with Vettes, I have come to the conclusion that the LS series of engines are the best on the market. However, when it comes to modifications, mainly power adders, things can get quite expensive. Which is where Ford has a huge advantage. A STS twin turbo system for a LS1 sells for about $7995 and that's not including installation. So building up a 3v can be much more efficient in terms of dollars spent vs hp gained...only when dealing with power adders. The bolt-ons are great for both. Weight is the enemy, so I can completely understand why someone would get rid of a GTO to mod/build upsomething else. Even still anything can be made fast...and a fully built/forged LS2 would be no joke!! However it would cost some serious cash!

Just my $0.02

Old 01-22-2008, 08:27 PM
KlugSRT4

ORIGINAL: MrRogers

ORIGINAL: lieu910

Of course you twowill never agree but C6Vette does raise an interesting question... What exactly was unrefined about the LS2 engine? I am familair with the LS2 in the C6 Vette but not the GTO. From my experience, having driven/owned every LSXengine GM has put into their cars, I must say that I haven't been disappointed byany of them. Go get a 1997 LS1C5 Vette and even that engine impresses me for what it is. Quiet, responsive, and the fuel economy is a pleasant surprise. I have500+ rwhp and adveraged 28mpg onmy way to Fresno last week. From my extensive dealings with Vettes, I have come to the conclusion that the LS series of engines are the best on the market. However, when it comes to modifications, mainly power adders, things can get quite expensive. Which is where Ford has a huge advantage. A STS twin turbo system for a LS1 sells for about $7995 and that's not including installation. So building up a 3v can be much more efficient in terms of dollars spent vs hp gained...only when dealing with power adders. The bolt-ons are great for both. Weight is the enemy, so I can completely understand why someone would get rid of a GTO to mod/build upsomething else. Even still anything can be made fast...and a fully built/forged LS2 would be no joke!! However it would cost some serious cash!

Just my $0.02

Good point. But really head/cammed lsx would put out the same if not morepowerthenyour "typical" FI/N3v. So money cant really be compared either because its going to cost about the same if not the lsx having the advatage.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:21 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

GTO is f-ugly....lol

I didn't want to get into specifics but if it makes you feel better then by all means. But when you say 5.0 most think of pre 94' because not everybody knows that the 94-95 still had the 5.0.

thats why most people say "Fox bodies" and "SN95's"

and you know alot of people out there who don't know much about cars, think the SN95's and the New Edges are the same (they pretty much are)

And looks are completly in the eye of the beholder I would much sooner have a S197 than a new edge, based on looks anyways
Old 01-22-2008, 11:36 PM
meekstro
2nd Gear Member

I thought that might get ya going. Im going to assume I just hit a button and got you going because if you honestly believe that the 05+ mustangs look the worse than no one here can help you.That tops the list in funny things I have read onthis forum. I know looks are subjective and all but man please open your eyes.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:41 PM
meekstro
2nd Gear Member

Maybe in most cases not in mine. Im not worried about a LS2 GTO unless it has been modded extensively. I was just messin wit the GTO guys. In all serious they are pretty impressive.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:47 PM
meekstro
2nd Gear Member

GTO is f-ugly....lol

He laughed at his own joke.

Classic noob post.
I wasn't laughing at my own joke. I was laughing at the post I knew was soon to becoming afterwards. Getit right before running your mouth.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:55 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

GTO is f-ugly....lol

He laughed at his own joke.

Classic noob post.
I wasn't laughing at my own joke. I was laughing at the post I knew was soon to becoming afterwards. Getit right before running your mouth.
Oh boyNow your a funny guy with a blistering fast car that reads minds??? FAIL! Look at you, three posts right in a row to try and make your lame joke seam cool and all everyone sees is a noob. Fail! Fail! Fail!

Quick Reply: Pulled hard on an 06 GTO