Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Pulled hard on an 06 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:20 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Pulled hard on an 06 GTO

I am EXTREMELY embarrased to admit this...but I read this entire thread [&o]. Anyways, some interesting comments, questions, points raised throughout. Bottom line, everyone is going to have a different opinion, it's human nature.

As to the person who said the S197 Mustangs are ugly...by all means, please tell me why? I happen to really like the looks of my car as do most car enthusiasts, GM lovers alike.

As a side note, I love the LS motors, they are very strong and well engineered. Corvettes are gorgeous cars but are too much of a performance car rather than a muscle car (which is my preferance). I can elaborate on that if questioned. Anyways, nice kill to the OP.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:27 AM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sidewayz6.0

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

Why anyone would have an issue with a heavily modded stang beating a stock GTO is beyond me??? A few car lenths or a few bus lenths is just a matter of who's telling the story. I'm sure you talk to the guy in the GTO and he was at the supercharged stangs door the entire time!
I don't think anyone has issue with the Stang beating the GTO. I think where it went south is when he said he was unimpressed with the LS2, so he went and bought a slower car, only to spend twice what he needed to in order to make the same power. The power he's putting down with the blower can be made with...Well, damn near any LSX based motor N/A. Thats where the sillyness happened.

I'm always amazed at how these GTO threads turn out. It's almost like the Goat just brings out the worst in people.

Since thiswas directed to me let me respond.

Yes, I was not completely impressed with the LS2. My dissatisfaction was not in it's performance though. The GM guys have chimed in and adamently challenged my opinion. Frankly, what's the point, it's my opinion, and I do not begrudge them for theirs.

Yes, I did go buy a slower car my stock GTO 13.23> mystock GT 13.59. Somehow I managed to sleep at night.

600whp in an n/a LSX motor may be entirely possible, I honestly do not know,butknow at that point your walletis wide open also. Of course larger displacement always pays better dividens, but why extend thisdiscussion farther, particularly when I never made an assertion to the contrary? If I could wave a magic wand would I rather have 6.0 litres of displacement to start with - you bet. Does it mean the 4.6 is an achilles heal - no, I seem to be doing just fine against the LS powered cars, as are others.

What's interesting here is that I did pay compliment to the LS2 and GTO where I felt it was deserved. Evidently some people have not come to terms with people having opposing views.

No hard feelings guys. Enjoy whatever you drive.......

Old 01-24-2008, 11:42 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lieu910

Why anyone would have an issue with a heavily modded stang beating a stock GTO is beyond me??? A few car lenths or a few bus lenths is just a matter of who's telling the story. I'm sure you talk to the guy in the GTO and he was at the supercharged stangs door the entire time!
I don't think anyone has issue with the Stang beating the GTO. I think where it went south is when he said he was unimpressed with the LS2, so he went and bought a slower car, only to spend twice what he needed to in order to make the same power. The power he's putting down with the blower can be made with...Well, damn near any LSX based motor N/A. Thats where the sillyness happened.

I'm always amazed at how these GTO threads turn out. It's almost like the Goat just brings out the worst in people.

Yes, I was not completely impressed with the LS2. My dissatisfaction was not in it's performance though. The GM guys have chimed in and adamently challenged my opinion. Frankly, what's the point, it's my opinion, and I do not begrudge them for theirs.

Yes, I did go buy a slower car my stock GTO 13.23> mystock GT 13.59. Somehow I managed to sleep at night.

600whp in an n/a LSX motor may be entirely possible, I honestly do not know,butknow at that point your walletis wide open also. Of course larger displacement always pays better dividens, but why extend thisdiscussion farther, particularly when I never made an assertion to the contrary? If I could wave a magic wand would I rather have 6.0 litres of displacement to start with - you bet. Does it mean the 4.6 is an achilles heal - no, I seem to be doing just fine against the LS powered cars, as are others.

What's interesting here is that I did pay compliment to the LS2 and GTO where I felt it was deserved. Evidently some people have not come to terms with people having opposing views.

Okay so what where you dissatisfied in? What is the engine size? The sound? They way it looked? Please elaborate. That was one pretty confusing statement you made.Also I've asked this question before, along with a few others..How is the LS2 unrefined?
Old 01-24-2008, 11:58 AM
c6z51
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MrRogers

ORIGINAL: lieu910

Okay so what where you dissatisfied in? What is the engine size? The sound? They way it looked? Please elaborate. That was one pretty confusing statement you made.Also I've asked this question before, along with a few others..How is the LS2 unrefined?

Maybe he just hates raw GM power?

We do lack the sweet *** overhead cams, and groovy variable timing and lets not forget 10miles of vacuum lines!

Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

It's not "new" (though OHC is the older technology) and it's not "high-tech" (complexity = bad..but for most people complexity means 'better')....
Old 01-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

I have two daily driven LS2's, and I wouldn't call either of them "Unrefined." I'm not sure where he was going with that one.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:36 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Good lord, he likes Mustangs better than GTO's cant we let it go at that? I dont like the cramped interior of the GTO, I dont like the long throw of the shifter. I dont like the skinny tires out back and how hard they are to launch. I'm not fond of the sunbird styling.But there's a list a least that long of things I dont like about my own car.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:40 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Blue,

All I want to know is what is unreifned about the LS2...thats it.

Who cares what he thinks about the GTO itself. I Asked the same question on page 5..
Old 01-24-2008, 12:45 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I understand what you asked but if he gives you some convoluted answer based on his opinion. Weather it be factual or not. It'll be his opinion. And based totally on his perceptions. Perceptions aren't always reality! It wont change his opinion or yours about the LS2 motor. Which happen to be a execelent , powerful motor. (My Opinion.)
Old 01-24-2008, 01:36 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

I understand what you asked but if he gives you some convoluted answer based on his opinion. Weather it be factual or not. It'll be his opinion. And based totally on his perceptions. Perceptions aren't always reality! It wont change his opinion or yours about the LS2 motor. Which happen to be a execelent , powerful motor. (My Opinion.)
Pffft.... LOL

Quick Reply: Pulled hard on an 06 GTO