Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

CALLIN OUT 01Snake

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Default RE: CALLIN OUT ALL 01 COBRA'S

ORIGINAL: IWHINE

108 on and off the throttle 2.4 60's. Don't ask me why i hung but i did. Short race only 40-100 but i was a car back, dig to 100 was 2 cars morbid shot the video of the dig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ZAxT7Vm_4

Old 01-23-2008, 12:56 PM
IWHINE
4th Gear Member

good shooting lol

40-100 on here

end thread jack/
Old 01-23-2008, 01:00 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

108 on and off the throttle 2.4 60's. Don't ask me why i hung but i did. Short race only 40-100 but i was a car back, dig to 100 was 2 cars morbid shot the video of the dig.

Yeah that don't seem quite right considering a 11 sec LS1 should be trapping in the 118-120+ range. Maybe he had a big old june bug in his filter that day. [sm=smiley36.gif]
Old 01-23-2008, 01:01 PM
IWHINE
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OneFastEclipse

Yeah that don't seem quite right considering a 11 sec LS1 should be trapping in the 118-120+ range. Maybe he had a big old june bug in his filter that day. [sm=smiley36.gif]
yeah idk he ran even with a guy trapping 120 in another f body and a s/c s197 with meth and lots of boost. I think his car is camera shy.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:28 PM
k0261886
2nd Gear Member

Morbid, where you at in Michigan?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:53 PM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

Go make a low 13 second pass with a mild bolt on new edge GT.

Do it.

Or go make a video of your speedo from 0-80 and post it.
I will, and there's another bolt on 03 GT running low 13......Sinister. I've seen a few others, but don't remember their names. I guess it's all fairytales then
Old 01-23-2008, 02:04 PM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

DUDE

HE DUN RUN A CTS-V WITH TRAC CONTRUL ON! AND HE BEAT IT BY 3 CARS, AND THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A BAD DRIVER IN THE CTS-V!!!!

DIDN'T YOU KNOW THE R/T IS WHAT TELLS IF YOU ARE A GOOD DRIVER, NOT SHIFTING/SHIFT POINTS ETC?!?!

A GT with some exhaust, a chip and a CAI will not have enough power to run a low 13. Those BBK springs aren't going to help either. I'd like to see the claims of a stock Gt running a 13.7.
Hater! It's not my fault your RT sucks, and your just pissed you can't top that! You can't top perfect!

I ran a CTS-V with traction control on because I was still learning the car. I wasn't aware that the traction control actually robbed you on hard driving like it does. This is the first performance car I've had with traction control. I raced him after a 2 months of owning the car.......and I wasn't able to drive it hard for 1 of those months since I had a new flywheel/clutch installed. So I was getting used to the new setup, and wasn't aware of the whole traction control thing till people on this site brought it to my attention!

I'm willing to bet any amount of money that the second you buy any car your an f'n expert! You learn things through process of elimination, and from others wisdom. Apparently you think your a f'n genious about cars, and know all there is to know!

Springs do help with weight transfer, as do full length subframe connectors! I guess working at Steeda taught me nothing!

As for shifting, shift points.....it's kind of hard to prove your good at that. Only a video will show that.

Finally, just because I beat a CTS-V, does NOT mean he's a bad driver! I'm so tired of haters like you, jumping in every thread anyone makes of a decent kill, spouting off at the mouth about how it's luck, or the other driver must have sucked! For a mustang owner you really don't have much faith in your car!

Usually when someone has nothing better to do than find fault with others it's because they have an inferiority complex. Yours seems to come through clear as day through your posts. Buck up, life's not that bad champ
Old 01-23-2008, 02:26 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rd50stang

ORIGINAL: tspence45

ORIGINAL: ripped camel

ORIGINAL: tspence45
I don't think you'd even need nitrous to win. 01Snake said that the OP only ran a 13.1. An LS1 with a lid and catback would be around there. If you're on the juice, you'd have him easily.
Then he must not be too good at driving! I can name a few New Edge GT's on this site (a few of which are actually 03's) that are already running about a 13.1 with just bolt ons. Not even cams or anything, just bolt ons. Add a supercharger and a decent driver should easily be running low 12's, if not better!

Not only that, but I'm betting my GT is around a low 13 with some of the cars I've beat. But being I've never been able to run my GT at the track yet, I can't exactly make that claim.

Edit.....Or the time could be from ****ty tires. All the power in the world means nothing if the tires can't hook!
An '03 GT Convertable with exhaust, intake, and a "chip" is nowhere near a low 13. Run it at the track and show me some slips. I bet you run a high 13. Even on DR's, your car may pull a mid 13. If your car is a low 13 second car, then I'm running 12's with my LT1 having exhaust and intake. You're going to need gears to get your car to run a low 13.
Where is it that your getting an Lt1 being a half a second faster than a new edge??? ISn't it a drivers race??
Convertables are slower than coupes. So, I was giving about a .2 or .3 second difference for it. I still know damn well that a minor bolt-on GT conv. is not going to run a low 13, and I know that I'm nowhere near it either. He thinks that damn aluminum flywheel is the be all, end all modification. He thinks it's going to take like a full second off his 1/4 mile time, when in reality, it maybe makes a .1 or .2 second difference in his time.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:34 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Go make a low 13 second pass with a mild bolt on new edge GT.

Do it.

Or go make a video of your speedo from 0-80 and post it.
I will, and there's another bolt on 03 GT running low 13......Sinister. I've seen a few others, but don't remember their names. I guess it's all fairytales then
Sinister also has 4.30s too. Don't you still have stock gears? Good luck with that one.

I'm rootin' for ya...no really.

BTW SINISTER has more done to his car than you do...and he ran that pass on DRs.

This is taken from his profile.

Tri-ax, Steeda CAI, Magnaflows, Typhoon Intake Manifold, Diablo Tune, Steeda pulleys, 4.30's, Bassani o/r x-pipe, BBK 75TB, TF plenum & BFG DR. 13.370 @ 102.27 1.847 60'

Old 01-23-2008, 02:38 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Hater! It's not my fault your RT sucks, and your just pissed you can't top that! You can't top perfect!

I ran a CTS-V with traction control on because I was still learning the car. I wasn't aware that the traction control actually robbed you on hard driving like it does. This is the first performance car I've had with traction control. I raced him after a 2 months of owning the car.......and I wasn't able to drive it hard for 1 of those months since I had a new flywheel/clutch installed. So I was getting used to the new setup, and wasn't aware of the whole traction control thing till people on this site brought it to my attention!

I'm willing to bet any amount of money that the second you buy any car your an f'n expert! You learn things through process of elimination, and from others wisdom. Apparently you think your a f'n genious about cars, and know all there is to know!

Springs do help with weight transfer, as do full length subframe connectors! I guess working at Steeda taught me nothing!

As for shifting, shift points.....it's kind of hard to prove your good at that. Only a video will show that.

Finally, just because I beat a CTS-V, does NOT mean he's a bad driver! I'm so tired of haters like you, jumping in every thread anyone makes of a decent kill, spouting off at the mouth about how it's luck, or the other driver must have sucked! For a mustang owner you really don't have much faith in your car!

Usually when someone has nothing better to do than find fault with others it's because they have an inferiority complex. Yours seems to come through clear as day through your posts. Buck up, life's not that bad champ
LOL

I almost pee'd when I read this whole thing.

I don't have faith in my car huh? Where did I state that exactly?

Are your BBK springs just lowering springs or drag springs?

And go find me some examples of the bolded part, please!

Explain to me how a 275 hp car beats a 400 hp car, with the weight difference of maybe 400 pounds and 1 less gear for the lighter car.

Quick Reply: CALLIN OUT 01Snake