Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

CALLIN OUT 01Snake

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:38 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Default RE: CALLIN OUT ALL 01 COBRA'S

ORIGINAL: ripped camel

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

Go make a low 13 second pass with a mild bolt on new edge GT.

Do it.

Or go make a video of your speedo from 0-80 and post it.
I will, and there's another bolt on 03 GT running low 13......Sinister. I've seen a few others, but don't remember their names. I guess it's all fairytales then
Get some 4.30's or 4.56's and a realtune and you might have a chance. Get rid of that "chip" that you have because I can guaruntee it's not doing sh*t.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:53 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S8ER01Z

I personally know of a stock 99 Auto GT going 13.9 @ 101mph on a 1.9 60ft....13.7 from a manual GT has happened. (Ive done the digging myself)...

Of course there is proof of stock LT1 cars going 13.3 ~ 13.6 but they are EXTREMES and not typical by any means.
There's been stock LT1's running 13.3? Damn. I guess I never realized that. I've heard of 13.6 maybe out of Firehawks, WS6's and SS's.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: k0261886

Morbid, where you at in Michigan?
16 and jefferson
Old 01-23-2008, 03:01 PM
bertt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1SLO85

How 'bout a junky 85 GT? I just have a .030 over bolt on N/A 302.

yea , we all know what your packin man lol
Old 01-23-2008, 04:07 PM
01snake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Morbid Intentions

16 and jefferson
you got to wild woody's on sun.?

or mt. clemen's on wed. night's?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: 01snake

ORIGINAL: Morbid Intentions

16 and jefferson
you got to wild woody's on sun.?

or mt. clemen's on wed. night's?
I don't drink... so no

I usually just hang out with friends at metro
Old 01-23-2008, 05:01 PM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tspence45
Convertables are slower than coupes. So, I was giving about a .2 or .3 second difference for it. I still know damn well that a minor bolt-on GT conv. is not going to run a low 13, and I know that I'm nowhere near it either. He thinks that damn aluminum flywheel is the be all, end all modification. He thinks it's going to take like a full second off his 1/4 mile time, when in reality, it maybe makes a .1 or .2 second difference in his time.
Where did I say that? I never said an aluminum flywheel takes a second off my 1/4 mile time! Your just being overdramatic, and putting words in my mouth. I also never said it was the end all modification. I said that in combination with the performance, and suspension mods (which I listed) would put me around there!

I also never said I would beat a 400hp car.....I said the original poster should be running low 12's with a supercharged 2v with bolt ons. If some people are able to do 13.3's with bolt ons, then adding a supercharger to that is going to add more than .2 off the 1/4 mile! If a supercharger added .2 to the 1/4 mile, noone would buy them! Get your facts straight before you start quoting crap people didn't say!

I also know if I was able to keep up with people running sub 13's, then I should be easily mid to low 13's. I can even post up the vid of my buddy that I raced. He runs a 12.78 in the video. I've not in the vid, because it was taken before I owned my stang. I can post up quite a few cars that are mid 13 second cars that I've beaten, and high 12 second cars that I lost too, but hung with. Now using common sense, and logic put 2+2 together and you have yourself an idea of what my time should be! But I can see that concept is too hard to grasp for some
Old 01-23-2008, 05:06 PM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

Get rid of that "chip" that you have because I can guaruntee it's not doing sh*t.
This comment alone shows how much you actually know about cars! Are you actually insinuating that a "Chip" is inferior to a programmer tune? Are you aware that you can have a custom chip done that is specifically to your application, and can be dyno tuned! A chip with a custom program is no different than a custom tune on a programmer!

Maybe you should actually know facts, before you start spouting off. It's not doing ****.....HAHAHAHAHAHA! Man you should sell your camaro and get a Honda!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:18 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

ORIGINAL: ripped camel

Convertables are slower than coupes. So, I was giving about a .2 or .3 second difference for it. I still know damn well that a minor bolt-on GT conv. is not going to run a low 13, and I know that I'm nowhere near it either. He thinks that damn aluminum flywheel is the be all, end all modification. He thinks it's going to take like a full second off his 1/4 mile time, when in reality, it maybe makes a .1 or .2 second difference in his time.
Where did I say that? I never said an aluminum flywheel takes a second off my 1/4 mile time! Your just being overdramatic, and putting words in my mouth. I also never said it was the end all modification. I said that in combination with the performance, and suspension mods (which I listed) would put me around there!

I also never said I would beat a 400hp car.....I said the original poster should be running low 12's with a supercharged 2v with bolt ons. If some people are able to do 13.3's with bolt ons, then adding a supercharger to that is going to add more than .2 off the 1/4 mile! If a supercharger added .2 to the 1/4 mile, noone would buy them! Get your facts straight before you start quoting crap people didn't say!

I also know if I was able to keep up with people running sub 13's, then I should be easily mid to low 13's. I can even post up the vid of my buddy that I raced. He runs a 12.78 in the video. I've not in the vid, because it was taken before I owned my stang. I can post up quite a few cars that are mid 13 second cars that I've beaten, and high 12 second cars that I lost too, but hung with. Now using common sense, and logic put 2+2 together and you have yourself an idea of what my time should be! But I can see that concept is too hard to grasp for some
oh the irony. Still searching for all those threads where I "jumping in every thread anyone makes of a decent kill, spouting off at the mouth about how it's luck, or the other driver must have sucked!"?

You mentioned that SINISTER ran a low 13 in his bolt on GT. Great, but what about your car? Do you have the same mods? No, you have maybe half, at best. Good luck trying to crack a low 13.

Still didn't answer about your BBK springs, or where you find proof that I have no faith in my car...talk about a concept thats hard to grasp...answering questions OMFG

You never said you would beat a 400 hp car....but you said you did beat a 400 hp CTS-V, what gives? Do you even know what you are talking about?

Have you ever been to the track before? I highly doubt it, since you think that on the street you keeping up with faster cars means that you SHOULD run the same times on the drag strip. Were your races roll races?

Old 01-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Austin@HCM
1st Gear Member

what a rediculous thread i guess that guy got beat a couple times in his lifetime and wants to prove himself huh??? ill tell you what congrats your fast is that what you wanted to hear

[/align]

Quick Reply: CALLIN OUT 01Snake