Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

May have a new drag strip in SE Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:00 PM
IWHINE
4th Gear Member

Default RE: May have a new drag strip in SE Michigan

ORIGINAL: 01snake

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

Hmm....is this track close to Alternative Auto?
alternative is on gratiot by 25 mile. so yea, its right off of i-94 which you would take to port huron.

IWHINE where are you in macomb me, and 1fast 99gt are by romeo plank and hall road.
im at 24 and hayes. I would be down for a meet and greet
Old 02-04-2008, 11:00 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

wow, you guys are lucky the local strip where i go you usually are lucky to get 3 runs in.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:25 AM
01snake
5th Gear Member

man im suprised i havent seen you around. i know a kid with a red one, and i have raced a silver one that was wingless raced from the corner of garfield and hall i hit 3rd and it looked like i was gonne startpulling but then i had to turn into macomb[:@]

well me and all my friend's go to mt. clemens on wed. night's in the summer, and wild woodys on sundays.

weknow alot of kid's withcar's inare areals1's/ lt1's/ mach's/ cobras/ s/c gt's/ gt's.

we went out to 25 mile by the suburban ice arenaonce and raced, we just dont have alot of empty roads[X(]
Old 02-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

man im suprised i havent seen you around. i know a kid with a red one, and i have raced a silver one that was wingless raced from the corner of garfield and hall i hit 3rd and it looked like i was gonne startpulling but then i had to turn into macomb[:@]

well me and all my friend's go to mt. clemens on wed. night's in the summer, and wild woodys on sundays.

weknow alot of kid's withcar's inare areals1's/ lt1's/ mach's/ cobras/ s/c gt's/ gt's.

we went out to 25 mile by the suburban ice arenaonce and raced, we just dont have alot of empty roads[X(]
take 94 to the 32 mile road exit

open roads galore, that's where my rents live... it's also where I do alot of top speed runs
Old 02-05-2008, 02:50 AM
IWHINE
4th Gear Member

Yeah i know the kid in the silver one, im actually tuning his car soon. he runs a 2.7 pulley full 3" exhuast and a intake. He has a gm stg2 tune though so it does not run well.

Alot of ls1's and cobra's around me to, im 2 mins away from that place to
Old 02-05-2008, 08:06 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

no..not a track day...just a meet and greet...not everyone wants to race, and a track event will drive away those who dont want to race, or drive to a track...as the tracks around here certainly arent very well located, relative to the masses.
I know, hence why I asked about a second one that would 'meet' at a track.

There was also a few members including myself in the 4.6 General section talking about the possibility of a track meet sometime this year in the SE Michigan area.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:03 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JimC

ORIGINAL: buster

that's stupid.........there is a track 20 mins away from Port Huron in Grand Bend
Buster: If you can tell me how to get from Port Huron to Grand Bend in 20 minutes - with no tickets, please do so. I've never been able to make that trip in less than an hour, not counting the time on the bridge to get into Canada.

01snake, it is in Grand Bend, Ontario and here is the link to their website:
http://www.grandbendmotorplex.com/index2.php
Sorry guys, u r right.....I was thinking the exit is 20 mins from the Bluewater Bridge, probably another 30 mins from the 4 lane. It is a nice track. The employees atleast treat you like a human being unlike Milan. If you guys ever want to make some runs, try this crappy track near London Ont (St Thomas Dragway), is good for that, but, not in good shape. You can probably get in 20 runs for $20
Old 02-05-2008, 03:48 PM
01snake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IWHINE

Yeah i know the kid in the silver one, im actually tuning his car soon. he runs a 2.7 pulley full 3" exhuast and a intake. He has a gm stg2 tune though so it does not run well.

Alot of ls1's and cobra's around me to, im 2 mins away from that place to
what's that silver one run?

you go to macomb?
Old 02-05-2008, 06:44 PM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

Thats not right Jim. You got my hopes up.Thats 2 hours away, you know I would still take that trip atleast once.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
JimC

The township board meeting is Thursday night - so anyone who can attend to show support is welcomed. There have been several calls in to the paper supporting the movement as well.

I'm looking forward to the chance - and figure I'd see a track junkie like you there Mike! I imagine that we should be able to get more passes in than you can get in at Milan - probably like Lapeer where we can hot lap all day, at least until it becomes more popular. Even if the rezoning is approved I would think that we won't see it until next year unfortunately. He has a big project planned and the 1/4 mile is just a part of it.

Quick Reply: May have a new drag strip in SE Michigan