Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Paxton Novi 2200 Supercharged GT vs. TA WS6

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 02:53 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Default RE: GT vs. WS6

ORIGINAL: cobra443

I am going to do the dual GT500 pumps withthe BAP. 60LB Injectors, havent decided on fuel rails yet, I want to upgrade those as well. The reason I am set on the GT500 pumps is the fact that they are the #1 used. Therefore easier to tune since almost all tuners have had experience. Also that is what Brent recommended. Rule #1 is keep your tuner happy!

As far as paxton. Thats why I chose this kit for its single head unit application. I dont want to keep upgrading like w/ procharger. I wanted a really solid base that I could build around. Also this thing it quite the sleeper. It doesnt really whistle or anything at idle. Only thing noticable is when I get into the boost it sounds like a jet. I am super happy with what I have so far.
True, they GT500's ARE what get used more often.. and they'd probably be cheaper than the Aeromotive also.. I honestly can't complain about the P-1 though, because I'll probably get what I want out of it without taxing the head unit too much.. about 600 is all I'd ever want to put on the street.. At least until I have the money to have another car.. lol

I've heard that the Novi's are super quiet at idle too.. Honestly I sometimes wish I would've gone with a Novi kit like yours, because it's definitely a good setup, I just managed to get the procharger a little cheaper so I went with that one.. Still, the numbers you're pushing are pretty impressive brudda..
Old 06-18-2008, 06:39 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Subotai_95

I am going to do the dual GT500 pumps withthe BAP. 60LB Injectors, havent decided on fuel rails yet, I want to upgrade those as well. The reason I am set on the GT500 pumps is the fact that they are the #1 used. Therefore easier to tune since almost all tuners have had experience. Also that is what Brent recommended. Rule #1 is keep your tuner happy!

As far as paxton. Thats why I chose this kit for its single head unit application. I dont want to keep upgrading like w/ procharger. I wanted a really solid base that I could build around. Also this thing it quite the sleeper. It doesnt really whistle or anything at idle. Only thing noticable is when I get into the boost it sounds like a jet. I am super happy with what I have so far.
True, they GT500's ARE what get used more often.. and they'd probably be cheaper than the Aeromotive also.. I honestly can't complain about the P-1 though, because I'll probably get what I want out of it without taxing the head unit too much.. about 600 is all I'd ever want to put on the street.. At least until I have the money to have another car.. lol

I've heard that the Novi's are super quiet at idle too.. Honestly I sometimes wish I would've gone with a Novi kit like yours, because it's definitely a good setup, I just managed to get the procharger a little cheaper so I went with that one.. Still, the numbers you're pushing are pretty impressive brudda..
Thanks man! You have a sick setup as well.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:02 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

noice..but how many cars did you put on him?? 5-6 I bet lol.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:01 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

ThanksWith that setup you're running, assuming the GT500's and 60#'rs work out right, you could easily see 650 or 700 out of it methinks.. Makes me wish I would've just waited another month or two and gone with a Novi kit.. lol I'll be lucky to squeeze 600 out of the P-1 without taxing the headunit past tolerances, which in my case is between 13-15psi.. Lucky bastard.. hehe..
Old 06-29-2008, 06:47 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

ThanksWith that setup you're running, assuming the GT500's and 60#'rs work out right, you could easily see 650 or 700 out of it methinks.. Makes me wish I would've just waited another month or two and gone with a Novi kit.. lol I'll be lucky to squeeze 600 out of the P-1 without taxing the headunit past tolerances, which in my case is between 13-15psi.. Lucky bastard.. hehe..
Yeah I hope I get to that point. I will have to wait to up the boost until I can order/install the 298 Stroker. I wont go past 15psi for my street tune. But with the stroker,exhaust, and a few other little things it should be putting down some serious power. I have way to many things that need to be changed out/added before I get it up that high though. No point in having all that power if its not reliable and cant get any traction.