Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

LS2 GTO OWNED!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Default RE: LS2 GTO OWNED!

ORIGINAL: bolt.com

perhaps I am..................

Good luck with that engine s0n............[sm=signs003.gif]
whenever you wanna roll race, fly down an airstrip, do a 1/2mile race, start from a 60 roll.. come get some

and so far my engine is fine, proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHWEJQA6LUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSfiv5DrWaE

Old 06-27-2008, 02:16 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S8ER01Z

Thats right.........the LS2 is a model of reliability!!! Except according to Consumers Magazine which gave it the old big black dot in a few categories, including "engine". Real nice car but reliability for the fail...............
Hey........I have a guy across the street who has a 450hp twin turbo Audi S4 thats a few years old and he's trying to tell me how reliable they are..........also for ftf
Uh... Consumer Reports is a joke (anyone with a clue knew that years ago)..
Really?

Ever been to their test area in Connecticut? Hmmm...........I didnt think so. Their testing area is state of the art and on par with any of the major car magazines like Motor Trend. Their testing is stupid scientific.
Usually, it is people who's cars get trashed in the reliability dept that hate Consumer Reports Magazine............certainly understandable.
But hey.....some people dont mind having thier car down for a few weeks/year. Doesnt work for me............
Bwahahah you just used Motortrend's testing proceduresto back up CR?? WOW...
Old 06-27-2008, 02:20 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLBKNEruAz0

^^^ better?

you are a dumbass

Wow that almost took away all those memories of laying on a garage floor working on mustangs for days upon days during the summer as they came back from the dragstip in peices.

anything that is raced/beat on will break...PERIOD.

The only thing I am getting from you at the moment is 'clueless fanboy'.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:25 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLBKNEruAz0

^^^ better?

you are a dumbass

Wow that almost took away all those memories of laying on a garage floor working on mustangs for days upon days during the summer as they came back from the dragstip in peices.

anything that is raced/beat on will break...PERIOD.

The only thing I am getting from you at the moment is 'clueless fanboy'.
I concer.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Hey Morbid! Where you in NY today?

It belongs to an intern of ours. Actually, it's his dad's. It has an aftermarket exhaust and some suspension work. The kid was basically clueless about the mods, other than it has some. I might see if he wants to run my STI. He aslo offered to let me drive it if I want to. It's an M6 (not of the BMW variety )
Old 06-27-2008, 02:33 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

ORIGINAL: Morbid Intentions

ORIGINAL: Mustang_NTriangle

You would of had a better race from a dig providing GTO had stock gearing...
meh, yeah it would be a better race on account of launch... but the power curve is something people don't take into account

pay close attention to the torque and where it's available.... even though peak BHP and torque are significantly higher, down low at around 3200RPMis where the LS2 shines the most IMO

I may be wrong but IMO going from a dig against an LS2 GTO can be just as deadly if not dealier if it can launch

x2... a lot of people fail to comprehend that the LS2 is making moretorque near idle than their cars produce PERIOD anywhere in their powerband... the trick is getting that power to the ground.
Why do you think so many C6 Z06's run crappy times (like I did ). 2500 rpm and it is close to 400 rwtq. And there is no auto tranny to help either. On stock rubber, it's a bitch to launch the car, as evidenced by my many 12 second runs at 123+ mph.
Interesting...........but to me, so much discussion on car boards like this center around 1/4 miles times. So.....the guy with the Evo who launches his highly modified Evo running 32lbs of boost launches out of the hole at 5K rpms, hooks right up and gets to the lights a nose in front of a Z06 that isnt launched well. Evo guy gets out of his car and feels like a hero for the gay.
Take both units out to an airport strip and go twice the distance and Evo guy cant go home fast enough to beat off.
Which is the superior car whether you run light to light or 1/2 a mile??

Hmmmmmmm..............????
a 1/4 mile drag race and will be one of the major bench marks in rating a cars performance. It has not been untill the recent influx of wanna be FWD cars that a certain fictional movie had featured that racing from a roll has become at all popular. You can sit here and make up situations that, in yourm mind, support your point but the fact is roll racing is not a way that vehicles are tested or measured. You argument is just a silly as a guy in an Evo wanting to race in the rain because his AWD will ensure a win for him.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

Hey Morbid! Where you in NY today?

It belongs to an intern of ours. Actually, it's his dad's. It has an aftermarket exhaust and some suspension work. The kid was basically clueless about the mods, other than it has some. I might see if he wants to run my STI. He aslo offered to let me drive it if I want to. It's an M6 (not of the BMW variety )
lol, those wheels really look badass on the red though

I planned on getting these in 18"though

the only reason I'm going with the popped out star like that is because sidewayz showed me what AZA Z1's look like on the old goat and I fell in love with the shape, but not the color.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:09 AM
08 Bullitt 2310
2nd Gear Member

You are really lucky to have your GTO now,When I had my 05',Wheels etc obviously were very limited here in the states due to it being so new.Now the choices are endless.I don't remeber having any real oil consumption problems with mine,I know they were out there but not very common as in 1 out of 3.Anyone ever figure it out?I always thought it was going down the intake under hard driving or possibly the low tension rings that newer cars come with.My 07' LS2 Vette used a little as did my GTO,But I drive like a madman constantly.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:34 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 08 Bullitt 2310

I always thought it was going down the intake under hard driving or possibly the low tension rings that newer cars come with.My 07' LS2 Vette used a little as did my GTO,But I drive like a madman constantly.
As far back as the LS1 oil has mysteriously dissapeared..... GM has claimed it's the rings..

I only notice it after some hard driving for long periods.... otherwise if I drive like a normal person does I never lose any oil.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:59 AM
jmdgto
3rd Gear Member

morbid, the life of a gto owner is a long and tough journey filled withhaters and fools. but i still love to kick their *** from time to time. lol