Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

SRT4 VS SIX..OHHHH Goat

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by 94Blk5.0
your welcome, like I said those cars probably dont interest you in the least, but those are some decent family man "hot rods."

How about an extended cab S/C Harley F150... hehe
they dont, i love performance cars, and none of those really preform...cept the marauder (it has the mach motor )....see i have this fear of falling into the well i've got a family i need a sedan mode...thats BS i can't stand to see that happen, and not to mention my lovely wife would send me to a shrink if i did.

She likes the big room of the charger, but hates the mpgs.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

With the baby you'll appreciate the 4 doors - been there done that!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:47 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

well im hearing a lot of yea's for the 4 door 4 banger. they get the same mileage which is disappointing for the 4 banger...i mean the v8 is getting the same mpg, looks better, more HP.

which is more reliable? i've heard / read a couple horror stories about the SRT4 reliability and breakages, on the other hand i've hear some tuning issue on the holden's.eerrrr GTO's
Old 08-27-2008, 10:47 AM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

I'd go with the goat, if only for the size. The SRT just seems too small for a family car.

Congrats on the new baby!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

i'll check back in with ya'll after lunch, im gonna go look at some goat, and then I got a hook up with an srt4 after work.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:12 AM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

I would go with the GTO. I think the interior quality is much better than the SRT, the seats are as comfortable as a lazy boy and the rumble of an LS2.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
well fuel efficiency is out as a deciding factor then, Mrobid what can you tell me about the goat?
the ride is better than my lincoln, it has long drawn out gears that make power as low as 2500RPM... I've let a few forum members drive it and they say it makes it's power totally different than a mustang (never understood that but take it for what it's worth)

the bolt on's are quite expensive compared to a pony but being a family car I doubt you are gonna worry about that... and even if you are, once you add a cam it all makes up the difference anyways

the handling.... while magazines test it as inferior, feels better than the mustangs I have owned... it melts like butter around the corners (once you own an IRS car it is hard to switch back to a live axle)

it has a full digital display so you know how fast you are going for good reason... the ride is so good that it feels BMW'ish... I could be going 80-90MPH and it would feel like 30MPH

I might also add the there is more legroom in the backseat of my goat than in my lincoln.... it's a task to get back there as you will find out but once you are back there it's like a lost cavern that you found, the backseats are plush racing styl bucket seats just like the front seats, there is no arguing over shotgun in my GTO because all the seats sit very confortably

the only problem you will have is the long stretch to get into the backseat

I'm not familiar with carseats as i hate kids... but if they can sit inside of bucket seats then you are golden IMO
Old 08-27-2008, 11:14 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Is the Mach 1 going to be sold when this happens? If not, why does the other car have to be a "performance minded" vehicle?
Old 08-27-2008, 11:56 AM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

If you're getting it for your family DO NOT get the goat.

Gas mileage is ok with a manual...but the trunk room is RIDICULOUS!!!

Take a look, if you haven't, at the trunk space in the goat in person...you just can't put family stuff in there.

IF those are your choices, find an SRT-4 with somewhat low miles [under 40k]. Good gas mileage, 4 doors and almost double the cubic inches of trunk space versus the goat [13.x to 7.x]
Old 08-27-2008, 11:58 AM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

You could also get a PT cruiser GT [turbo PT...same engine and turbo as the SRT-4...just different manifolds].

They aren't quite as fast, but I think run high 14's, flat 15's and can be modified the same way an SRT-4 can.

*hint* I'm selling my PT for something bigger...I have 2 kids and they have a lot of crap, lol

Quick Reply: SRT4 VS SIX..OHHHH Goat