Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

SRT4 VS SIX..OHHHH Goat

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

I find humor in the fact that V8 owners spend so much of their time worrying about the performance of economy and family cars...

Old 08-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by GT/SRT
You could also get a PT cruiser GT [turbo PT...same engine and turbo as the SRT-4...just different manifolds].

They aren't quite as fast, but I think run high 14's, flat 15's and can be modified the same way an SRT-4 can.

*hint* I'm selling my PT for something bigger...I have 2 kids and they have a lot of crap, lol
I'm think anyone with taste wants a PT cruiser almost as bad as he wants kidney stones
Old 08-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by Ride Of The Month
I find humor in the fact that V8 owners spend so much of their time worrying about the performance of economy and family cars...

that's why I own 2 family cars and one performance car!
Old 08-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

The Goat's fuel tank is in the trunk, taking up about half the space you would have otherwise, so scratch putting your wife's luggage in there, much less your's and the new littlun's stuff, (Congrats btw!!). Interior space inside the Goat is plenty, but as stated, actually getting to the back seat is a bitch, even for a small guy like me. A car seat will indeed fit fine with the rear bucket seats. The Goat I had came with an impression of a car seat embedded into it where the previous owner had one back there. I would think the car seat would actually put the kiddo a little closer to the door preventing you from having to reach in and out so far. The GTO is a much heavier/safer car than the SRT-4 if you guys were to get into in accident. I hit two trees with my first GTO (one was a dogwood, the Goat plowed over it, the other was an Oak, it stopped me) and my brother and I both were able to walk away. It held up extremly well considering. Its something to think about with the new baby. Gas mileage is virtually the same on the 6spd GTOs versus the SRT-4 and insurance should be less on the Goat as well. On the other hand, I don't have kids and some of the guys that do are saying not to get a coupe, so I would definetely take their advice into consideration as well.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:36 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
With the baby you'll appreciate the 4 doors - been there done that!
+1000000000!CAR seats and 2 doors go together like your nuts and a vise!. The skittle is a fairly practical little car. Room for 4. Big trunk. But they will beat you up on insurance if you have to fully insure it. Last time I checked it was one of the most expensive cars to insure in the country.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:40 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

ok after looking at the goat im extremely impressed with interior styling and comfort, but my only beef is the effort it will take my wife to get in the back seat, she has bad hips, bad back. and i think that might be the deciding factor, but we'll see what the wife thinks.

the SRT-4 is starting to look better purely for the room and the 4 doors.

trust me i dont give a **** abuot mpg's, if my wife would let me i would drive a 545ci TT EFI fox every day getting 6-8 mpg....BUTTTTT i dont not have her permission.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

dude... as the father of two small kids, believe me - YOU WANT THE SRT4 given the two choices u present

/ thread
Old 08-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

right after i bought my stratus rt coupe, i looked at a stage 1 srt4, new...i drove it for a few hours, and for a DD, compared to my much slower stratus, the neon wasnt comfortable enough for the commute that i had...

and i have a kid, and we dont own a vehicle with more than two doors...
Old 08-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

/\ yes but your kid is able to get in and out for himself.

and if 4 yrs or so he'll not need the 2 doors.

I had an old Neon 2 door when my first was born.... getting the baby carrier in and out is a huge pain in the ****!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

eh..thats why you stick them in the front seat...

Quick Reply: SRT4 VS SIX..OHHHH Goat