Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Ever raced a SRT8?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Default Ever raced a SRT8?

I was just wondering if any of you guys ever raced a Charger SRT-8. I am really not concerned with the RT's but it seems as though alot of guys around here are buying SRT-8's. I see that they run (Proffessional driver low 13's). How do you guys think my car will fare against a srt-8.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:45 PM
EaZy DuZ iT
4th Gear Member

yea they see low 13s pretty easily. And there even more dangerous off roll, since the weight of the car isn't a big concern anymore. With your mods i can see you getting them until the 1/4, well im guessing you can drive well right?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

This may sound funny but I've been practicing. Being in the military there are alot of places you can go on post to practice and race. Ran a R/T wasn't even close. Felt bad because i grew up on chargers. My dad owned a 318, and a 440 Magnum. The reason why I asked is there is this guy that has a SRT-8 black, rims and as far as I can see he only has exhuast. Man that car sounds good. I know that we are going to meet just want to know how I would fare against him.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:49 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Isnt this about the 3rd bench-thread you've had here lately? Just messing with ya, glad to see something new popping up. I have no personal knowledge/experience with an srt8, but I will give a big +1 on how good one sounds. I had a srt8 300 fly by me on the dotted line when I was in the big chippertruck, didnt see him until he was at my door, scared the shiit outta me really, superloud, supersexy, good stuff.

Good luck to ya when ya'll do meet.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

My Mach 1 with the mods listed has always been a dead heat against SRT-8 Chargers with COMPETENT drivers. A lot of people are under the misconception that since SRT8s are automatics, that they are automatically easy to launch (stomp it and go), which is far from the truth. Those cars will light the rear tires up with a quickness, and do indeed take practice to launch at full potential. I think you stand a decent chance against one up to the 1/8th mile mark against a decent driver, but I'm not so sure you'll be able to hold him off up top. They are very capable of trapping 110 mph.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Yeah 97tplsGT alot of posts. I am in the military and I'm on leave right now. Wife is at work so just thought I would start some stuff to make my day go by...Stone629 that makes me wonder... I know that the Mach 1's are some bad *****. When you say dead heat did you win? How does my GT stack up against your Mach.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:45 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

I would suspect you are AT LEAST running even or close to even with what stones mach was (he no longer has it ) Like others said in your other post, you are probably a real low 13/higher 12 sec car, which puts you around Stones time. Just dont run too deep in the triple digits, as I am understanding the srt8s have topend potential.....

EDIT This post is basically a rewording of other folks' posts, trying to make myself seem more intelligent than I am. I am 2 1/2 sheets in the wind, and Brett Favre sucks tonight, so please excuse me. I am self admittedly 78% retarded, 29% crazy. You do the math

Last edited by 97tplsGT; 09-22-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:04 AM
jmdgto
3rd Gear Member

they are fast cars. it will be close.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:05 AM
05_SRT4_Tony
2nd Gear Member

Be careful. It only takes an CAI, Exhaust, and a tune to make them even meaner than they are.

I'd put my money on the SRT8, but, I'm biased...............
Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
My Mach 1 with the mods listed has always been a dead heat against SRT-8 Chargers with COMPETENT drivers. A lot of people are under the misconception that since SRT8s are automatics, that they are automatically easy to launch (stomp it and go), which is far from the truth. Those cars will light the rear tires up with a quickness, and do indeed take practice to launch at full potential. I think you stand a decent chance against one up to the 1/8th mile mark against a decent driver, but I'm not so sure you'll be able to hold him off up top. They are very capable of trapping 110 mph.

x2, a very capable driver in great conditions will nail the 12s and trap near 110mph... (the once in a blue moon runs..).. though a very high number of people run low 13s @ 107~108mph.

Quick Reply: Ever raced a SRT8?