Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

04 cobra vs civic hatch gsr swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Well, as I said, that vid was really only a referance to the fact that it could be close to the 13s. The guy may have been down on power but had a good launch and ran a good time with a lower trap speed. The person the op was talking about had bolt ons, which would have it up on more power and would probably have a better trap speed, no?

Here's another vid of a swapped hatch. This is a b20 vtec set up, but could be considered similar. He went a little slower, 14.2 but it looks like it was about 101, 102 mph and he said it was on old *** street tires. Not sure of what kind of mods, but I'm assuming not many as he didn't list them, but I could be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ercHEzRcDp8
Old 12-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

All I was talking about was when the OP posted the kid said he beat the cars specified from a roll, and even claimed to beat the stang bad. The GSR swapped hatch you posted seems more modded than the one in the OPs story and it's still 3 or 4 mph down from the slowest car in the bunch. Don't get me wrong, low 14s or high 13s out of a N/A honda is impressive, but I wouldn't expect the car to be blowing the doors off cars that should be substantially faster from a roll.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:05 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Time for a question from the village idiot....wtf is a GSR swap? I know its some sort of engine swap, but where does the GSR engine originate from? What kind of power does this GSR produce, with or without bolt-ons?
Old 12-31-2008, 01:29 AM
cant_you_beat_me
2nd Gear Member

the integra gsr engine was swapped into his hatch. i mean clearly it shouldnt be the fastest thing in the world but they sure were eager to run me and i honestly beleive he thought he was going to take me so i aint sure what he had done to it i can just go by what he said gsr swap with bolt ons. If there eager to race cobras and say he beat evos and sti's it wouldnt surprise me if he left a detail or two out on his mod list. the guy in the integra with the type r swap went through a 10 min list of things he had done to his internals and other bolt on's and claimed the civic will still beat him. the guy in the civic gave me his mod list in about 10 sec lol.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:21 AM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Originally Posted by cant_you_beat_me
i have a fast car and we go our seperate ways.
just goes to show that tuners>ricers
Old 12-31-2008, 04:12 AM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

Nice kill, you sure have been attracting them lately
Old 12-31-2008, 05:59 AM
joeymustang
2nd Gear Member

i raced twice my brother-in-law's civic hatch w/ b16 swap and a couple of bolt ons, we stayed side by side from a 1rst gear roll all the way to 4th, i have a video on facebook but dont know how to post it over here.

oh, and this was on my 05 v6 which only has duals.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:45 AM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Projectquick
All I was talking about was when the OP posted the kid said he beat the cars specified from a roll, and even claimed to beat the stang bad. The GSR swapped hatch you posted seems more modded than the one in the OPs story and it's still 3 or 4 mph down from the slowest car in the bunch. Don't get me wrong, low 14s or high 13s out of a N/A honda is impressive, but I wouldn't expect the car to be blowing the doors off cars that should be substantially faster from a roll.
No, I don't believe he was blowing the doors off them by any means, unless there was a mis shift in there somewhere, LOL. I have a friend who had a crx with a B16 swap and basic bolt ons untuned. I raced him in the Z twice from a roll. First time I raped him pretty bad, but he told me he wasn't taking it to red line as he didn't have a new tach and didn't know where his 8700 redline was as his stock tach didn't go that high. The 2nd race, he guessed where his redline should be and it was a lot closer, with him actually pulling slightly in the beggining. I think that if he got a solid tune (he may even have been losing power wit his mods untuned), he may have stuck even with me, or even possibly beat me. If he had a B18c, bolt ons and a tune, I'm pretty sure he would have beat me. The CRX is only slightly lighter than a civic hatch, and the b18c is a little more powerful than the b16.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:20 AM
steele901
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cant_you_beat_me
anyways i got a few questions. is he really only running high 13's? i know evo's and sti's arent monsters from a roll but i figured if he ran high 13's they would have pulled him and i dont think he woulda killed the gt. but luckily for me i am retarted when it comes to honda's and acura's so i was clueless.

04 cobra vert
Pulley
Tune
I've peronally raced a raced a pink civic hatch back at our local track that had a gsr swap and was gutted running consistant high 13's.

it is very possible that it was a 13 second car, but what do you have to worry about? your termie should be low 12's easy
Old 12-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Time for a question from the village idiot....wtf is a GSR swap? I know its some sort of engine swap, but where does the GSR engine originate from? What kind of power does this GSR produce, with or without bolt-ons?
A GSR engine is out of an integra. The make 170 hp and something like 128 or 129 ft. lbs. of torque. The major reason people use these engines for a swap is because they make decent torque for a n/a 4 banger honda engine and I believe they make their torque lower in the rpms than B18c. When you put the GSR engine in a stripped out civic hatch they make for a quick little honda especially when properly tuned and modified. It's by no means the fastest car on the street, but it would shock the hell out of people who aren't expecting a civic to be fast.