Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Turbo 300ZX run

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Default Turbo 300ZX run

This car was clean! It looked like it had just rolled off the assembly line except it had some aftermarket (nice wide deep dish type wheels, not dubs, lol) and aftermarket/custom exhaust. I spotted him when I pulled into a gas station en route to the movies with the wife. He was staring hard at us while he pumped his gas, so I pulled up close to him. As I exited the car, I tried to make eye contact and approach him to ask him about his Z, but he turned away like he didn't want to talk. So, I go on in the store. I kept glancing outside to see if he had left yet, and although he had put the gas handle back on the pump, he was just standing around like he was waiting on something. As I walked back out to my car, I again tried to make contact, but he simply got in his car and closed the door before I got within 20 feet of him. He then sat in his car and didn't move until I did. He got in front of us and we both turned out onto the road together, heading in the same direction. I follow for about two miles. He definitely had an off road exhaust, it was stinking us out pretty bad, but it sounded sick. Anyway, we go thru a couple of stoplights without being right next to each other until I got to my turn. Thats when we got next to each other... at a redlight.... at my turn. Sooo, I said turned to my wife and she said, "I take it you're not turning." Of course I didn't. Instead, I looked over at the guy and of course, he wouldn't look back. He instead got on the clutch and started building his revs, rocking back and forth. My wife asked me if it was turbo, and I told her I wasn't sure, that some of them are, some are not. I get ready with my RPM and watched the lights to anticipate the green. Light turns green and we're off. I got zero wheel spin and hit every gear perfect. His turbo became obvious at this point. It was ear piercing loud. I destroy him from a dig, bad. He is a good 3-4 cars back by 70 mph and I was still pulling, so I shut it down. He falls back about 200 yards, and then starts coming up hard. Yep, he had to go and pull a flyby. I tried to stop his little flyby, but my timing was off and he was at least 8 cars in front of me before I could stop his pull.

Cliff notes.... ran a turbocharged 300ZX from a redlight, put 3-4 cars on him, then he does a flyby.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:38 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

nice kill. Cool story too. When I am with my girl, she can tell when I want to run someone because I'll get into "predator mode"; as if I was ready to attack lol. I always give in to her whinning and just pass it up... she hates street racing!
Old 09-20-2009, 01:43 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Which body style was it?
Old 09-20-2009, 01:55 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Good kill, you never know with those TT ZX's. Sounds like the guy was a wierdo.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
nice kill. Cool story too. When I am with my girl, she can tell when I want to run someone because I'll get into "predator mode"; as if I was ready to attack lol. I always give in to her whinning and just pass it up... she hates street racing!
Thanks, man. I think my wife has just learned to deal with it, lol! When she grabs the door in fear is usually the point when I let up.

Originally Posted by BA Mustang
Which body style was it?
It was an 90's model, like from 1990-1994 or 96? Not the one from the mid 80s.

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Good kill, you never know with those TT ZX's. Sounds like the guy was a wierdo.
You really can't judge them. There's one for sale near here listed as having 500hp, not sure if thats bhp or rwhp, either way thats a lot of go.
He was no doubt a strange one, acted like he was scared or something. Maybe he hangs act with a bunch of douchebags and thought I was going to talk crap, idk.