Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

2V GT vs. Granny Gold

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 05:29 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Is that a 3V under that hood? I know that's the same cover on my 3V. If so... of all the options... why the 3V?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by acarzt
Is that a 3V under that hood? I know that's the same cover on my 3V. If so... of all the options... why the 3V?
yes, it's a 3V

not sure why he chose it but it turned out clean as hell

plus I suppose you can build the 3V up just as easily as any of the other engines he could have dropped.... it's not like he dropped in a a 2V amirite?

xD
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM
bolton3valve
Banned

nothing wrong with a 2v or 3v i would of went 4v tho... out of curiosity what does granny gold run stock?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by bolton3valve
nothing wrong with a 2v or 3v i would of went 4v tho... out of curiosity what does granny gold run stock?
only an idiot would swap a 2V modular into anything and expect it to be worth his/her money... a 4.6L SOHC 16V modular is and forever will be a waste of money to mod... let alone drop the boat anchor of an engine into something on purpose

granny gold has run mid-high 14's and usually traps 97-98MPH... on bad runs in bad weather (worst of the worst runs) I will dip low 15's and trap 95-96MPH, and all times I do run are bone stock on one leg doing a one tire fire cutting a horrendous 2.3-2.4 60ft

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 07-15-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:25 PM
bolton3valve
Banned

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
only an idiot would swap a 2V modular into anything and expect it to be worth his/her money... a 4.6L SOHC 16V modular is and forever will be a waste of money to mod... let alone drop the boat anchor of an engine into something on purpose

granny gold has run mid-high 14's and usually traps 97-98MPH... on bad runs in bad weather (worst of the worst runs) I will dip low 15's and trap 95-96MPH, and all times I do run are bone stock on one leg doing a one tire fire cutting a horrendous 2.3-2.4 60ft
lol ok well maybe you should tell that to my tuner/ford master technician that knows a **** load more about cars then you do and has a bolt-on cam 2v trapping 111 on motor with a dry shot too boot i guess thats slow tho ... I was just asking a simple question but since you want to bash on 2vs becasue your 2v was a turd i will be the first to call bs because granny gold should not be anywhere near a intake exhaust 2v much less pull away.. my gto vs cam 3v thread was more believable then that..
Old 07-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

I guess you can be the first and I will be the 100th to call you an idiot... I forgot you were the tool that thinks full bolt on 2v's run 12's

Grow up before you get a weeks vacation... I am far too irritated to deal with your false information, lies and bs calls on races in which forum members were behind me to watch... that and a 5 speed 2v coupe only pulled a 1/2 car on me 40-120 with an or h pipe, clutch and short throw shifter to boot... and that was on video

If my slow *** daily driver of a Lincoln embarrasses 2v's like so I really think that silences anything you could otherwise say positive about the platform... take a f*cling walk kid

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 07-16-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:34 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

As much as I'm not a fan of ol bolton....full bolton 2v's have run 12's.

I haz a 2V.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Yes, in our case bone stock 2v's have run 12's...

But in a 2v modulars case you would have to find yourself a drag setup car that all but nullified the fact its bolt on only... and its a one run wonder

Why don't you ask the kid how HCI new edge gt's can run 10's all motor...

I just don't understand what planet the kid lives on to say a 98mph trap car won't even be close to a pretty much stock automatic vert gt... I guess these things are on par with ls1's and trap 104mph in his world
Old 07-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

wait.. did bolton3v say a full bolt on + cams + n2o trapping 111 is good? hmmmzz..
Old 07-16-2010, 06:14 PM
bolton3valve
Banned

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
I guess you can be the first and I will be the 100th to call you an idiot... I forgot you were the tool that thinks full bolt on 2v's run 12's

Grow up before you get a weeks vacation... I am far too irritated to deal with your false information, lies and bs calls on races in which forum members were behind me to watch... that and a 5 speed 2v coupe only pulled a 1/2 car on me 40-120 with an or h pipe, clutch and short throw shifter to boot... and that was on video

If my slow *** daily driver of a Lincoln embarrasses 2v's like so I really think that silences anything you could otherwise say positive about the platform... take a f*cling walk kid
Grow up man lol seriously will I be banned for calling bs on a kill story becasue you are a mod how pathetic way to be mature... I'am sorry that i call you out on bs. Hell i had a vid as well against the gto but that did not seem to help i still got **** for it...

Quick Reply: 2V GT vs. Granny Gold