Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Me vs 370Z Nismo and Dodge Caliber SRT4

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 01:49 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

I say he either gets on latter and says:

A. I couldn't make it
B. Shows a slip that clearly isn't from his car
C. Doesn't come back

Hope he post it no matter what it is.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

So what I gathered from this thread..

05 Turbo'd Focus is faster than a C SRT4, G35, G37, 370z, bolt on 2v, any N/A V6/I4, and even the bugatti veyron super sport?

**** me sideways, this kid talks alot of smack.

and 4k for a single turbo kit? Man I wouldnt even put $400 into a Focus, unless it has SVT badges/certificates

Video.... but no in car.. just him talking.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/stre...h-a-video.html

Last edited by Stkjock; 12-05-2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: please use the multi quote feature - or edit your posts
Old 12-04-2010, 04:58 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

I win!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Ah, gotcha. My money is definitely on the SRT.

I would love to see you put him in his place, lol. I'm getting curious to see what he comes up with later about the track results.
If he lived near me, I would take him to his track of choice and run him... with my all winter tires on...
Old 12-05-2010, 04:55 AM
piperporsche180944
1st Gear Member

Mr. E where the heck are you from? Id be willing to run you this coming spring/summer. Surely you will beat my little German kraut burner that has a big fat snail fitted. This Fuhkis you speak of sounds like a beast.... If you consider buying a faster cooler car in the future I recommend this Termie killer!

http://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/2086107760.html

Morbid, if your getting tired of the GTO or 911... ^^^ This will spice up your life.

XD

Last edited by piperporsche180944; 12-05-2010 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Had to add a prospective buyer
Old 12-05-2010, 10:22 AM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Hahaha that festiva is awesome!

I wish my 944 was a turbo
Old 12-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Mr. E
Banned

Originally Posted by piperporsche180944
Mr. E where the heck are you from? Id be willing to run you this coming spring/summer. Surely you will beat my little German kraut burner that has a big fat snail fitted. This Fuhkis you speak of sounds like a beast.... If you consider buying a faster cooler car in the future I recommend this Termie killer!

http://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/2086107760.html

Morbid, if your getting tired of the GTO or 911... ^^^ This will spice up your life.

XD
SoCal, come on out! Thats Festiva doesnt impress me now that I have seen a Pinto running a 12.0 quarter mile yesterday!
Old 12-05-2010, 02:15 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. E
SoCal, come on out! Thats Festiva doesnt impress me now that I have seen a Pinto running a 12.0 quarter mile yesterday!
You'd be impressed after it wooped your azz.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:31 PM
1.5LofFury
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. E
So I finally got some real cars to race me, not cause I thought I would win, just wanted to see how I would do as my set up is new. I dont count the modded Civics, Accords, TCs I have dusted off to be real races, so wont even bother to post those haha. In case you dont know, I have a 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 with a turbo kit putting down 191whp/177wtq at 8psi. I turned my boost up yesterday to 11psi which put me at 223whp/225wtq and decided to mess around and see how my stock clutch held up as it was slipping a bit before.

The 370Z guy was cool. We were both at a light and I asked him if we could run up to 70 cause I wanted to see how I stacked up. He actually held back a laugh and then looked around and I said there were no cops around and he agreed. Light went green and he instantly put about 3 cars on me off the bat but didnt pull away any more. Stayed that way to 70mph. I think he was expecting to kill me alot worse than that, he waved and took off.

Caliber SRT4 was racing with a Camry LE and probably getting bored. I stayed behind them for a few blocks and then pulled behind the Camry at a light with the Caliber to my left. Light went green and the Camry took off quicker than the Caliber, so I was on his bumper waiting to pull in front of the Caliber and take off. The guy in the caliber flashed his high beams a couple teams signaling me to get over I guess, so I did. I was at the top of second and as soon as I pulled into his lane he was on my ***. I went into 3rd and started to pull him. Let off around 80 with him about 3 cars behind. His lights kept getting further back so I thought that was it, but I come to the next light ready to turn left and he comes up quick and gets right behind me. Now I see there are 2 guys in it. Light goes green and I give it light gas to see if hes going to play and hes right on my bumper. So I go into 2nd and pull wide to get into the far lane, giving him the other lane. I give it too much gas, so I am squealing tires around this turn but finally get traction and in full boost in 2nd with him at about my driver side door. I put about 5-6 cars on him by the top of 3rd at 85mph when I let off. So that was my fun for the evening.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Mr. E
Banned

As I said in another thread...Just because someone owns a faster car doesnt mean they know how to drive it. I have video from the track yesterday of a Henessey Vette doing a 13.6@110mph quarter mile run LOL (wanna see it?). That thing should be at least a full second faster. I also saw 05+ Mustang GTs running high 14s and one in the 16s, explain that. A quarter mile run from a dig on a track is also far different than stoplight racing people on a street. So yea, just because someone you run across on a street that wants to race has a faster car doesnt mean they know how to drive it.

Quick Reply: Me vs 370Z Nismo and Dodge Caliber SRT4