Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

New PB and a D-Bag in a srt 300

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 06:12 AM
BKAT
2nd Gear Member

sleeping at the light.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Big50
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302army187
490-530rwhp=low 11's?

WHA?
Ya, if i get to 530 i hope to get in to the 10's. However, I do have an iron block adding another 100 lbs plus my heavy a$$ @ 275 lbs (6'4"). This is with no weight reduction. I figure with me in the car I'm @ 4000 lb race weight right now.

Originally Posted by BKAT
sleeping at the light.
Oh ya, i was taking my sweet time making sure my rpms were just right. Launching on nittos is no easy feat plus my throttle is super sensitive which is tons of fun on the street but when your trying to get your rpms just right it makes it pretty hard.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Need a to tune a 2-step into it. I did that for my Mach, best mod I ever did. Makes track life much easier, lol.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big50
Not a bad plan. I was thinking of sticking with a built 3650. But haven't really done the research at this point. Ah, it never ends. The two step should be nice. So, you are going to remove your cats. If so you can do that without getting it tuned?
The cats shouldn't change anything. If it throws a code I will call Tony and send him a data log. I pulled the cats on and off before when the car was trubo'd and it didn't change anything tune related. It was stupid loud though.

Originally Posted by 302army187
490-530rwhp=low 11's?

WHA?
Putting a big tire out back and little in the front make a big difference from street tires.

If I switched to a 15x10 on a DR instead of a bias ply sheater slick i would probably gain .2-.3 and 2-3 mph. DRs will generally net your quickest ET and highest trap compared to bias ply tires. The problem with DRs is they don't last as long, are more expensive and are a little more finicky at the line. DRs off the line, once they start spinning will keep spinning a little easier. A bias ply tends to catch when spinning.

But yeah, low 11's are a for sure thing under the right conditions.

Originally Posted by Stone629
Need a to tune a 2-step into it. I did that for my Mach, best mod I ever did. Makes track life much easier, lol.
I don't like the "tuned" 2 steps. I can just turn mine off and on and not worry about it. I still need to take the cats out regardless.

Last edited by Stkjock; 02-05-2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: please use the multi quote feature and edit your posts
Old 02-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big50
Ya, if i get to 530 i hope to get in to the 10's. However, I do have an iron block adding another 100 lbs plus my heavy a$$ @ 275 lbs (6'4"). This is with no weight reduction. I figure with me in the car I'm @ 4000 lb race weight right now.
So I'm in the same boat, seriously, super heavy. I weighed my car with me in it and full weight was around 3950, full tank of gas etc.

Removing the back seat pad, passenger seat and Shaker 1000 stuff is around 110-120 lbs. Been thinking about getting a Kirky seat for the drivers side and taking it out also. Another 60 lbs out.

Then, maybe the sway bar? But I drive too much on the street and I don't like the boat feeling I get with the bar unhooked.

Different wheels and tires could save around 75lbs. I could probably get the car to around 3700 race weight with me in it.

Just think if we didn't have to meet CARB standards! We could pull out all of our evap garbage and save another 50 lbs of weight.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
I don't like the "tuned" 2 steps. .
Whys that? I've never had any other kind, so I don't know what the difference between the two is, lol. Mine was only apparent when I was in 1st gear, clutch on the floor, and throttle wide open. Had it set at 4500, worked well.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I don't know how the tuned version works, so I guess I can't say for sure I don't like it. I do know that I can open my hood and unplug mine.

I'm not sure the S197 software handles the 2 step stuff in the hand helds. I have heard of it, but never seen it or had someone be succesfull with it like the Launch Master unit by MSD.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I don't know how the tuned version works, so I guess I can't say for sure I don't like it. I do know that I can open my hood and unplug mine.

I'm not sure the S197 software handles the 2 step stuff in the hand helds. I have heard of it, but never seen it or had someone be succesfull with it like the Launch Master unit by MSD.
I'm not sure about the S197s either. Here's a in car vid of my Mach's tuned in 2-step. Skip to 2:20 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ey89fJe_Io
Old 02-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I don't think I have a video of mine when the turbo was on the car. It was interesting because the car idled normally, then I would hit the 2 step and the turbo spool. It was one of those thing that nobody expected to happen.

I don't know what it will sound like with the KB. We will see.

Next month the track opens and I plan on making a few passes.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Big50
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I would like to but I running my stock cats and don't want to deal with smog. I could run an offroad pipe but I am just nervous about getting popped by the CHP for no cats. My brothers buddy did and now he has to go to the smog ref every year. Simon doesn't really have to worry about it because he works in that community I hate CARB regulations.

The cats shouldn't change anything. If it throws a code I will call Tony and send him a data log. I pulled the cats on and off before when the car was trubo'd and it didn't change anything tune related. It was stupid loud though.
Hmm, i didn't know this. Like I mentioned above I am just a little nervous about getting nailed for running no cats.

So I'm in the same boat, seriously, super heavy. I weighed my car with me in it and full weight was around 3950, full tank of gas etc.

Removing the back seat pad, passenger seat and Shaker 1000 stuff is around 110-120 lbs. Been thinking about getting a Kirky seat for the drivers side and taking it out also. Another 60 lbs out.

Then, maybe the sway bar? But I drive too much on the street and I don't like the boat feeling I get with the bar unhooked.

Different wheels and tires could save around 75lbs. I could probably get the car to around 3700 race weight with me in it.

Just think if we didn't have to meet CARB standards! We could pull out all of our evap garbage and save another 50 lbs of weight.
Yes CA's over regulated bs sucks! I guess i was right on with my weight estimate. IDK if i want to start cutting weight. I like the idea of pulling good times in street trim. Let me know if you decide to get rid of any of your wheels and tires. I might be interested.

Quick Reply: New PB and a D-Bag in a srt 300