Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Four Way, My GT, SE-R, Cobalt, EVO

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 07:22 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Four Way, My GT, SE-R, Cobalt, EVO

Don't tell Slody you beat a Sloballs...might break his heart...
Old 02-23-2006, 10:17 AM
MichelleBeMyGT
2nd Gear Member

There are two cobalts local to here. I'm good friends with them and see them just about every weekend. I have raced both of them. Of course, i beat them. They always have excuses though. The poor cobalt isn't very fast i'm afraid.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:32 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03YellowPony

Don't tell Slody you beat a Sloballs...might break his heart...
LMFAO

The SE-R Altimas only come with 3.5 v6's. They still make the regular 2.5 and 3.5 too.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:54 AM
MichelleBeMyGT
2nd Gear Member

LMFAO

The SE-R Altimas only come with 3.5 v6's. They still make the regular 2.5 and 3.5 too.
exactly right. the se-r has a 3.5. It also has upgraded suspension and a few other differences. Its rated at 260 HP stock. Same as the Mustang GT 99-04. Pretty cool car if you ask me. I'd rather have my GT any day though..... The 3.5 Maximas have 265 HP stock. It seems like they would make the SE-R on top rather than the Maxima.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:33 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

the SE-R Altimas with a 6-spd can beat a 350Z, with a 6-spd, so, the SE-R is actually a better race for a stock New Edge GT(although youre DEFINITELY NOT STOCK), but, congrats on the wins............wow, i just read the first post again and saw the SE-R has cams, exhaust, and an intake.....ok.....well now....even more congrats on the win then. and a definite congrats on the EVO....and the Cobalt...its just a cobalt. no major competition there......even for a stock Fox-body
Old 02-23-2006, 02:33 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Grn N Gry 5OH

the SE-R Altimas with a 6-spd can beat a 350Z, with a 6-spd, so, the SE-R is actually a better race for a stock New Edge GT(although youre DEFINITELY NOT STOCK), but, congrats on the wins............wow, i just read the first post again and saw the SE-R has cams, exhaust, and an intake.....ok.....well now....even more congrats on the win then. and a definite congrats on the EVO....and the Cobalt...its just a cobalt. no major competition there......even for a stock Fox-body
The 350Z runs high 13's. Does the Altima SE-R do that? I would be really surprised.
And I'm sure a Cobalt Super Slow could give a stock fox a good run; those 5.0's are 14 second cars.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:18 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TommyV8

The 350Z runs high 13's. Does the Altima SE-R do that? I would be really surprised.
And I'm sure a Cobalt Super Slow could give a stock fox a good run; those 5.0's are 14 second cars.
yeah....the SE-R's can take a 350Z stock for stock..theyre sleepers. i had a Cobalt SS mess with me one night, and he gunned it first and it didnt stand a chance...i HUMILIATED him...i thought itd be closer than what it is...i was honestly surprised/shocked, however u wanna say it
Old 02-24-2006, 11:52 AM
CobraGT4
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MichelleBeMyGT

This has been a fun weekend....

Kill List for the weekend:
Altima SE-R (Cams, Exhaust, Intake)
Stock EVO VIII
Cobalt (18PSI)

Well, we did a four way race on the highway. The only competition was the Altima SE-R. I was able to beat the SE-R by a car and half. The EVO beat the cobalt though. Those SE-Rs are pretty quick.

I was happy with my car this weekend. Hopefully I can get it back from the shop before this coming weekend. The transmission is being fixed as we speak!!!

Where are u from because there is an SE-R around where im from that has the same stuff done to it?
Old 02-24-2006, 12:27 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: TommyV8

The 350z runs high 13s as much as a 2v GT does it. It happens but not very often. They usually run low 14s.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:50 PM
MichelleBeMyGT
2nd Gear Member

Upstate South Carolina.... Where are you from?

Quick Reply: Four Way, My GT, SE-R, Cobalt, EVO