Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Four Way, My GT, SE-R, Cobalt, EVO

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:50 PM
CobraGT4
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Four Way, My GT, SE-R, Cobalt, EVO

Im from clemson. What color Evo was it.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:00 PM
CobraGT4
1st Gear Member

That story is bull sh**. Cause im on the phone with the dude u raced and he drives a red Evo 8 MR. His name is Jerry and he says that he whooped all of yalls a**es
Old 02-25-2006, 11:02 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ORIGINAL: codyss

Well I out of my four runs my worst was 14.5 @ 100.06mph with a 2.3 60ft so I can say that they are a mid to low 14 second car.

Anyone else that can drive one has the same results. Thats real life for ya not magazine racing just pure hard numbers.

What are you guys going to say when you run a Stage 2 SS/SC? They will be in the mid 13's @ 102-103mph with a decent (not perfect) driver.

How fast is a 99-04 GT with $630 in mods again?

Waiting on we'll just get nitrous response.............................
have any proof of these runs? not long ago you claimed your best run was like a 14.6. now your worst is a 14.5? i don't get you at all. it's easy to search for your contradictions too. i put like 4 in one post when i was bored. one of the ones that's locked now though.

answer your question though, $630 of mods on a 99-04 GT will put you in the high 12s or low 13s. nitrous with a 125 shot is sexy.
i agree, on the videos board, you claimed that cobalts have 230 to the crank at stock form, then suddenly they have 240 to the crank stock.

you talk a lotta stuff about cobalts, yet you still have yet to prove those times you ran, not to mention a cobalt on a dyno.

fyi, 70% of people on the cobalt forums had trouble breakin into high 14's. still dont see how you say just cuz you supposedly drove a 14.5, everyone else can, yet every owner of a GT cant hit 14.4 to save their lives in your world
Old 02-25-2006, 11:35 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

I actually posted a dyno sheet from a stock Cobalt that surpassed even Cody's claims. I know the guy, he's in my F-body club and had his g/f run it on the dyno. 611 miles. Sorry in advance for the hugeness.

Despite the numbers, he took it to the track shortly thereafter and ran 15.0 @ 95, but with a 2.2 60 ft. Even with a 2.0 60 ft he would probably not hit 14.5, which a 99-04 Mustang GT should do easily. It was in august in St. Louis, however, so maybe it had more in it.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:14 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TommyV8

I actually posted a dyno sheet from a stock Cobalt that surpassed even Cody's claims. I know the guy, he's in my F-body club and had his g/f run it on the dyno. 611 miles. Sorry in advance for the hugeness.

Despite the numbers, he took it to the track shortly thereafter and ran 15.0 @ 95, but with a 2.2 60 ft. Even with a 2.0 60 ft he would probably not hit 14.5, which a 99-04 Mustang GT should do easily. It was in august in St. Louis, however, so maybe it had more in it.
Holy F that car is running rich !
Old 02-26-2006, 02:31 PM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CobraGT4

That story is bull sh**. Cause im on the phone with the dude u raced and he drives a red Evo 8 MR. His name is Jerry and he says that he whooped all of yalls a**es
How do you know your friend Jerry isnt lying? I bet a cammed, and bolt on GT can beat a stock EVO, thats if your friend is stock and you arent pulling our leg.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Valcore
3rd Gear Member

Whats up with all the cobalt crap?

its news to me that they can give a stock fox a run,
mine is pretty much stock, and although I havn't raced one I SERIOUSLY dought it would even come close to my heavy verts ***.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:07 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

finally, proof! thats all i been asking of cody but hes failed to do that. thats odd thou, i thought cobalts were lighter than mustangs, so why do they run high 14's? a 99-04 puts about equal power to the ground. cept for the torque number on a GT are WAAAY higher than the cobalt
Old 02-26-2006, 04:16 PM
badsp0rk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tightdogal

finally, proof! thats all i been asking of cody but hes failed to do that. thats odd thou, i thought cobalts were lighter than mustangs, so why do they run high 14's? a 99-04 puts about equal power to the ground. cept for the torque number on a GT are WAAAY higher than the cobalt
fwd vs rwd maybe?
I remember a video of a Probe GT with 600HP running 12s, but spinning its front tires the entire 1/4 mile..
Old 02-26-2006, 06:11 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

600hp? only running 12's? geez[:-]

Quick Reply: Four Way, My GT, SE-R, Cobalt, EVO