Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Before I go binge spending at the local junk yard.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 11:53 PM
picky

Default Before I go binge spending at the local junk yard.

Did the new edge gt's come with quad shocks?

If so are they necessary for a stock v6 rear end? Will they fit?

What other stock suspension components can I get from other mustangs to make the car handle better? Control arms and such.

I already have the gt rear sway and stock gt rims/tires. Eibach sportlines and shocks coming on soon.

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Yes.... the SN95 came factory with quads, as did the Fox body before it.

No... they are not necessary and are only an afterthought by Ford to address issues of wheel hop. They can help to limit a bit of rear-end "waggle", but 100% fine to run without them.

Several.... I recommend you begin ALL of your mods with a single question in mind and leading in a direction toward the answer in which you have chosen for it..

What are the ULTIMATE goals for your ride?

My starting off point for those wishing to improve the performance of a pre-S197 Stang...

1. FLSFC'S ~ Full-length sub-frame connectors and welded in place

2. LCA's ~ Have a list of "Jazzer approved" ones in the Official Suspension Guide and why I DON'T like many of the others out there

3. Decision time....

Going beyond the list here, one should really know the answer to the ULTIMATE question! Suspension mods are very difficult to do efficiently.... I am repeating myself here. Head into my guide and read down to the Glossary of terms (4 short paragraphs) and let us know what you think. Don't be overwhealmed by all the info, just read that little bit and consider what you would like your car to be. If you only want to lower it a bit and handle well, that is fine. If you really want a corner-carving beast instead, that is fine as well

Jazzer welcomes picky to MF's

Last edited by Jazzer The Cat; 11-22-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:49 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

If you are going to a junkyard to look for stock parts to add in order to improve your V6's handling, the only thing you can really use is the stock GT rear sway bar (as the V6 didn't have one). Most of the other stuff you listed is the same already. The other thing I'd suggest is pulling the entire 8.8 rear out of the same generation GT (99-04).