Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

UPR coil overs with Strange 10 ways vs MM kit with Bilstiens

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Default UPR coil overs with Strange 10 ways vs MM kit with Bilstiens

Hey all,

I will be going coil over front and back. I am not doing a full K and tube arms. I already have Cobra arms that I got new a couple years ago for half what they want now. I am using them for the stiffer bushing. The question I have is whether or not the MM and Bilstein set up is worth the extra $600 over the UPR set up with Strange on all 4 corners. The UPR rears only take Strange or Lakewoods, I do not want the lakewoods.

I will also have MM LCA's and adjustable UPR UCA's on the rear and MM sfc.

No drag racing, no track road racing. I want to keep a somewhat comfortable ride and get into some twisties on the weekend, not really pushing to limit.

Any input on the components or set up will be welcomed.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:57 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Armydad
Hey all,

I will be going coil over front and back. I am not doing a full K and tube arms. I already have Cobra arms that I got new a couple years ago for half what they want now. I am using them for the stiffer bushing. The question I have is whether or not the MM and Bilstein set up is worth the extra $600 over the UPR set up with Strange on all 4 corners. The UPR rears only take Strange or Lakewoods, I do not want the lakewoods.

I will also have MM LCA's and adjustable UPR UCA's on the rear and MM sfc.

No drag racing, no track road racing. I want to keep a somewhat comfortable ride and get into some twisties on the weekend, not really pushing to limit.

Any input on the components or set up will be welcomed.
I just want to warn you ahead of time that this question is very subjective. You'll get different answers, even from people who INSIST that they are right and the other people are wrong. (on both sides)

My two cents: I've used the Strange 10-ways on my daily driver and they work really well (yes, even in the corners) for such a budget setup.

On the other hand, I have Koni Yellows on one of my Mustangs now and they work very well too. (arguably better than the Strange AND the Bilsteins)

I think you'll be satisfied either way, so the question is really, are you fine with spending the extra $600 on the Bilsteins even if you don't "need" them?

Fwiw, we sell the Strange 10-ways pretty cheap at www.uprproducts.com
Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, I quoted out the whole system with UPR including the Strange products. I have heard some early horror stories about the Strange stuffs quality and noise issues, so I am alittle hesitant, although they seem to have made some improvements. Also will this kit work with the Cobra front A arms?

Last edited by Armydad; 09-06-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:54 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Armydad
Thanks, I quoted out the whole system with UPR including the Strange products. I have heard some early horror stories about the Strange stuffs quality and noise issues, so I am alittle hesitant, although they seem to have made some improvements. Also will this kit work with the Cobra front A arms?
I've used the Strange/UPR coilovers on my own Mustangs and they work well. However, UPR also carries QA1's coilovers which work nicely as well. (though they're more money)
Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Some cases u hear people cry about noise with strange 10 ways, but quality issues not so. TONS of people in competitive drag racing run strange, no one runs blistens in the drag world. I run UPR coilvers and strange 10 ways and love them
Old 11-02-2012, 10:02 AM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

I run upr front suspension with strange 10 ways up front.love it...wolfe rear with strange like that too..will go with coilover rear springs with new engine install.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:30 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Some cases u hear people cry about noise with strange 10 ways, but quality issues not so. TONS of people in competitive drag racing run strange, no one runs blistens in the drag world. I run UPR coilvers and strange 10 ways and love them
Originally Posted by 95 BLOWN GT
I run upr front suspension with strange 10 ways up front.love it...wolfe rear with strange like that too..will go with coilover rear springs with new engine install.
Excellent!