Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 02:48 PM
freewilly
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: ran my car last night!

Old 10-02-2006, 12:43 AM
CLEAN 03

Practice is the only fix with drag racing any car. I like my IRS in one piece so its only street tires for me so it can be a battle.
My 03 hits the track only a few times a year. Even after years of racing Mustangs of different power levels getting to the track is the only way to get better. If you are looking to maximize your track times then DR are the only way to go. I hear it all the time from people who see my mph at 118 but I'm only running low 12's when are you getting better tires? Just be ready for what may happen when you put that much load on an IRS.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:31 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CLEAN 03

Practice is the only fix with drag racing any car. I like my IRS in one piece so its only street tires for me so it can be a battle.
My 03 hits the track only a few times a year. Even after years of racing Mustangs of different power levels getting to the track is the only way to get better. If you are looking to maximize your track times then DR are the only way to go. I hear it all the time from people who see my mph at 118 but I'm only running low 12's when are you getting better tires? Just be ready for what may happen when you put that much load on an IRS.
one of my buddies has an 04 cobra that dynoed out at 527 rwhp and like 560ish tq. he is running a stock rearend with just a diff brace and lowering springs. for tires he had 315/40/17 BFG g-force drag radials and he normally revs up to about 3500 and drops the hammer hard and he has quite a few runs down the track and has never broken anything. i would just say get the diff cover brace since thats the weakest oart of the car. i talked to the svt tech at the dealer and he said that he has never yet seen a broken half shaft from an 03/04 cobra. he said after the 99 and 01 cobras were breaking them they put much beefier ones in the new models to prevent th problem. I say if you want to run the radials. i know my car will be getting a fresh set before hitting the road in the spring.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:19 AM
freewilly
I ♥ Acer

Old 10-02-2006, 11:41 AM
V8Cody
3rd Gear Member

Buy a pair of slicks for the track too! That will cut your ET down a very nice amount/
Old 10-03-2006, 01:49 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: freewilly

im trying to hunt down a solid axle. hell on this IRS. since i put my steeda spring on i got alined in after 400 miles i got so much neg. camber it's unreal. it's squatting so bad the tires are tilted in at the top.[]
on svtperformance.com in the terminator section they have a buy for a solid axle swap for the 03/04 cobras for 925 bux. you may want to check that out.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:21 PM
freewilly
I ♥ Acer