WTF??? Pulley won't fit right! - MustangForums.com

Old 10-29-2006, 04:46 AM   #1  
zincsvtcobra
2nd Gear Member

Default WTF??? Pulley won't fit right!

I was installing a Steeda 2.8 pulley on the S/C and it doesnt fit right. I could literally push the pulley all the way on by hand. No puller/pusher needed. I sure needed it to take the 3" one off. Then when I did push the Steeda one on, it would rub against the front of the snout. I read LFP's directions and it says some S/C need to be filed down, so I began filing the snout. Didn't help. So now I'm stuck with a pulley that doesn't fit right and a filed down snout. The pulley was facing the right way mind you. I'm already set on buying a new pulley with the hub system like my American Supercharger 3". Unfortunaltly, I can't find any info on that brand or I'd just buy a pulley from them. Anyone have any suggestions or had this problem before? If I buy a new pulley system, I think I'll go with LFP since they offer the hub system and a 2.8, which is what my SCT Xcal is tuned for.
zincsvtcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #2  
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WTF??? Pulley won't fit right!

Ouch. You should never ever file down your snout. Your first mistake was going with something Steeda. You should go with Billetflow. www.billetflow.com. Best pulleys on the market, by far in my opinion. You may have to get a snout rebuild now though, which in case you'd have to send it to Steigemier.

Good luck.
AllVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #3  
zincsvtcobra
2nd Gear Member

I only filed the paint off of the front. I think its fine until I get a KB. I'm just surprised at Steeda. I thought so highly of them, but the pulley doesn't fit. Do you think Dallas Mustang will let me get credit on it? They've done it for me before on a Mac TB.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:51 PM   #4  
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

try and send it back or whatever you have to do, then go with a BF pulley. mine have been great.
Blownsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #5  
zincsvtcobra
2nd Gear Member

I spoke with Billetflow today and the tech said that some of the early Cobras have problems with the snout size. Mine was made in March of 2003. I don't know what to do. I'm going to Dallas Mustang to return the Steeda pulley this weekned. I just want to find a 2.8 pulley that will go right on with no problems. I'm skeptical to buy a Billetflow, or any brand, because I don't want to run into the same problem.