SVT Forums

What is an 03 Cobra Terminator??

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 02:54 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What is an 03 Cobra Terminator??

haha... mine will be gone for a built 8.8" here soon - putting my fat girl on a diet.

JD - I am on your side with this one, lol... I am just being a sarcastic *****... lol
Old 07-04-2007, 03:54 AM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

I know youre not getting uppity. im just playin around. but that "junk irs" just so happens to be one of the cars best characteristics. Well, in my opinion anyway, but then again im not really into straight-line drag that much. I guess thats why i still have love for the Evos and STIs even though im in school toas ford tech
Old 07-04-2007, 12:24 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: XPBaller

I know youre not getting uppity. im just playin around. but that "junk irs" just so happens to be one of the cars best characteristics. Well, in my opinion anyway, but then again im not really into straight-line drag that much. I guess thats why i still have love for the Evos and STIs even though im in school toas ford tech
Yeea see the Cobra guys I know are really into drag racing and are putting KB's, whipples and turbos on the cars. The IRS really becomes a severe weak point for them. BUt if your into road racing the IRS is a good piece.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:22 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

The crappy thing about it... is even on a built IRS, the Ford IRS they put in this car really sucks... I am keeping mine as a straight road daily driver... I want the 8.8 for weight loss, and for more stability..

Everyone I have talked to that swapped love it. Besides, I liked the straight axle in my GT... I don't really feel the difference in the two... Only over speed bumps, haha.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:45 AM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

Get off your high damn horse and come back to reality. I don't know one car under 50k that will beat a stock Cobra made in 2003-2004, please enlighten me. There isn't 1 SRT8 that can beat a 03'04 Cobra stock 2 stock both driven correctly, nor a LS1 car - of any kind. Yes you have a fast car, but what have you run in it? You talk about Cobra owners acting like they have the fastest thing on earth but you come off like that? If you don't think 12.7-12.8 is fast for a 35k car that is stock, you're lieing or trying to sound like a big shot. But you're right, compared to a 9-10 second car mid-highesh 12's really isn't fast, but you're comparing a car that you've put 10k into. You look at any stock car under 50k and it's the fastest if not one of the fastest - not sure if i am not thinking of a particular model or not. but, nothing in 2003/2004 that GM made for 50k or less is faster - same goes for Dodge and any other competitor. So come back to reality f*cktard.

By the way... what do you run? You talk all this trash, then tell someone to line up next to you.. have you ever even run? Or did you run justa slow time because you don't really know how to drive your whipplecar... by the way that's really not that fast. Ported blower + 100 shot = eat you for lunch.

On a side note: may want to do something with your IRS before you snap it. Mickeys + torque = a bad day for stock Cobra IRS.

ORIGINAL: AllVenom

ORIGINAL: disturbed471985

I do get what venom is saying my DD is a 9 sec car but by all means u worded your responces wrong cause a high 12sec stock car is damn fast no matter how you slice it. So seeing that i can run 9's all day long has no affect on me causeI STILL SMILE WHEN I SEE A COBRA for the simple fact its a stock 12 sec car yes mines a 9sec but hell nothing is stock on my car so your comparing a civic to a lambo!!! Id have one but just cant see paying 20+k for a cobra just to hot for my feet right now. Bah u own a cobra but dog it wtf sell it to me since its a slow dog ill give ya 15k so then u can go buy them bad *** SRT"S << my ***!! Anyways peace and MAD love to all the Cobra owners( even the ******)
Dude, could you put a coherent sentence together? I will gladly list my mods for you.

Here you go.
Stock block bored .030 over, CP Pistons, rest stock
2.3 Whipple
3.5 Upper/6lb Lower
60# fuel injectors
BAP
MAFia
Accufab TB
Bassani Mid Length Headers
Bassani X with Cats
SLP LM2 Catback
Fidanza flywheel, Fidanza DFX clutch 26spline upgrade.
Stock IRS
M/T Drag radials
Some papers in the glove box

Other misc crap that doesn't make it go any faster.

All this tuned mildly at 19lbs of boost.

Like I said before, a high 12 second car is not fast. I love my Cobra, I'd own nothing else (ok maybe a C6 Z-06), but I am realistic to its limits. I never think I'm the fastest on the street because there is always someone faster with way less power (Our cars are pigs). I think you all have misinterpreted my post as an attack on the Cobra world and you are sadly mistaken. You people just need to wake the f*ck up and realize that while you may be quick, don't screw it up and be an *** for the rest of us getting your *** handed to you by an Evo or whatever and shown to everyone on youtube.

Oh, congrats to you Cobrasnake. If you look at the post that you quoted me on, you will see I said 12.7 - 12.8. I'm not saying this is impossible either, but if you know statistics, you throw out the outliers and take the median.
Are you sadly mis-informed? A ported blower + 100 shot will not "eat" me for lunch. Sure, it would give me a run, but are you talking from a roll or the line? Also, will you people quit saying the IRS can't take the abuse? It cannot take the abuse when you have crappy tires on there and allow wheel hop to eat you alive. The IRS is fine and can hold the power. I have ran a 10.89 on the M/Ts. I'm sure I would have done better with some real slicks back there since my 60 was a 1.61.

Thank you all for reminding me why I left this site. I didn't realize that the only one with actual knowledge were GM owners. Good luck with your "fast" cars.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:49 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Why not leave again. Considering your running 10.8s with your twin screw.. with a pretty good 60" for your mickeys... The IRS does suck unless it's built - and if you dont think so, then you may want to go try that out for yourself. There are plenty of guys with a ported blower and nitrous running in the mid 10's... so yes I call .2-.3 seconds on a 1/4 mile that's now in the 10's "eating you for lunch".

You think because you have a whipple your car is amazing... When you probably really have the weakest blower out there next to the Heaton.. If you wanna do the math (most whipple cobra are running in the high 500's) a ported blower with nitrous on it, that has the normal bolt ons, will get itself over 600/600 whereas your twin screw won't. With that you can't yell about torque either considering the nitrous on these cars puts hella torque. I guess horsepower doesn't mean anything to you, maybe im just stupid.. but I always thought 600+ was higher then 500+....

btw, your stock IRS... you're goin to be paying for new half shafts sooner then later... I just hope you're ready to buy them once they snap. retard.... who really runs a Twin Screw Cobra with mickeys on a stock IRS... are you that stupid?

EDIT: It would be from a roll or the line. Like I said, properly tuned ported blower + nitrous cobras are running 10.5's... the ones with the straight axles, even lower... Again for the slow ones on the board... the higher the hp/tor and the lighter the car, the faster it goes... Who would've thought this was rocket science? If you don't think a car like mine, or like blownsvt that's ported and puts a 100shot w/built 8.8 would beat you... then you're in for a very big surprise.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 AM
mr_mustang23
2nd Gear Member

wait im rele rele confused. if i looked at any 03/04 cobra, it is deemed a terminator with 400 hp?? or are there only a certain number of them. becuase i thot the 03/04s came with 320 hp and in addition the terminators had 390hp
Old 04-04-2008, 04:22 AM
EaZy DuZ iT
4th Gear Member

no the 03/04 cobras came with 390hp 390tq but said to be more like 430hp because it was underated