SVT Forums

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:39 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Full Eaton swap isn't a great idea.. can get a much better kit for close to the same price...

The Eaton from the Terminators are NOT good blowers...
Old 11-17-2008, 08:15 AM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

+1 I was going to comment on that. the Eatons are incredibly inefficient blowers.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:56 AM
cobrasvtcoupe25

/\/\ I do not understand how you can say that "Eatons are incredibly inefficient blowers"

I don't want to argue, but a stock 99 cobra with stock pullied eaton makes 420RWHP+ and 380RWTQ+ with only O/R X and catback..

So what's a better set up for 3 grand that you guys talking about???
Old 11-17-2008, 11:27 AM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

It's no problem, and I don't want to start an argument either.

The reason I don't like Eatons is because when you pulley them it is easy yo push them beyond the efficiency range, A stock eaton with a stock pulley runs at around 60% adiabatic efficiency (which isn't too good for a supercharger). The rest of the energy is lost in heat.

As a comparison paxton novi's run at around 80% (I know it's not really a fair comparison because the novi is a centri blower.)

And when you pulley it you will see more power, but the effincey of the supercharger drops even more as it will produce more heat and put more strain on the blower.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:38 PM
cobrasvtcoupe25

Originally Posted by defconfire
It's no problem, and I don't want to start an argument either.

The reason I don't like Eatons is because when you pulley them it is easy yo push them beyond the efficiency range, A stock eaton with a stock pulley runs at around 60% adiabatic efficiency (which isn't too good for a supercharger). The rest of the energy is lost in heat.

As a comparison paxton novi's run at around 80% (I know it's not really a fair comparison because the novi is a centri blower.)

And when you pulley it you will see more power, but the effincey of the supercharger drops even more as it will produce more heat and put more strain on the blower.
Ok I see what your saying by not using the eaton to it full efficiency with your heat comparision. So what should we suggest for 99riosvt? Sounds like he'll be stock with a blower of some sort. Would you suggest maybe a procharger or Novi then? I know quiet a bit about NA, but when it comes to FI I only know some stuff...

I'm not one of those a-hole who's try's to argue over stupid things either. God those people annoy me. Thanks for not being one of them. Life's too short.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:24 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

I really think the centrifugal superchargers suit the 99-01 cobras better because they are high revving, also with a centrifugal supercharger if you drive it conservatively and keep the revs down the supercharger isn't putting any more strain on the engine than driving n/a, but it'll still haul when he opens the taps.

That's what I'd do if If i had a 99-01 Cobra and I wanted to go faster.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:50 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I would do: novi, Vortech, Procharger (my preference), KB, Whipple... among others over the Eaton... Just some are more $$ then others, lol

The issue with the Eaton is really the heat... it heats up VERY fast... ask any Terminator owner... we all know about it.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:02 PM
mfj
Banned

HEATONS suck... The worst supercharger ever constructed, but fukk it, they still make power... And more low end tq than the centri's, even being less efficient...
Old 11-17-2008, 07:39 PM
99riosvt

im ordering kb's 2.1l blower
Old 11-17-2008, 07:59 PM
mfj
Banned

That's a good choice for you...

Quick Reply: New member