SVT Forums

superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:37 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blackvenom01
madsvt i have some 17x10.5 95 cobra r wheels im waitin to put on when the weather gets nicer here in ohio...
sweet, guess thats the cool thing about southern california, it rains like 9 times a year HAHA
Old 01-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

haha ya there is snow and ice on the ground right now cobra is snuggled away in garage...i so wish i had an 03 04 cobra you already got rods and pistons forged
Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

haha ya there is snow and ice on the ground right now cobra is snuggled away in garage...i so wish i had an 03 04 cobra you already got rods and pistons forged
yea, motors bullet proof, and i've been waiting 5 years for the warranty to expire so i dont feel like a tool for paying for it... time for the kenne bell!!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

well that person i mentioned earlier still had the warranty on his car after puttin the kb in he actually went through 2 trannys and 3 clutchs before he blew the motor and ford replaced it all for free minus the engine
Old 01-07-2009, 08:58 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

well that person i mentioned earlier still had the warranty on his car after puttin the kb in he actually went through 2 trannys and 3 clutchs before he blew the motor and ford replaced it all for free minus the engine
shhheeeeeeet... not my ford dealership, i had a slight rod knock in my ranger, under extended warrantly at only 53k.. so i take it in, and since i didnt have the maintenence records for the oil changes and etc. (like doing it myself) they gave me the finger and i had to shell out $5300 for a new motor.
but hey, that same truck went through 4 rear ends, warranty free every time with free rental car... ooohhh ya

it says all over the warranty manual that any performance mods to the motor void the warranty on the cobra, thats why for the last 5 years ive only done stuff that can be quickly switched back for maintenence.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

ya i can understand that totally well the KB for the 2001 cobra is actually a 2.1L they dont do anything other than that for us the the more powerful version where i would have change my rods and pistons is cheaper than the one that i can keep stock which i find wierd
Old 01-07-2009, 09:16 PM
jrf
1st Gear Member

What about the whipples? I hear good things about them. You can find them on a lot of sites too. They don't seem to bad either for $3300. Oh yeah by the way dealerships suck!!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 PM
pcs
4th Gear Member

i dont think whipple sells one for the 01's as a kit but if you can put an 03/04 cobra blower on a gt then it shouldnt be hard to get one on a 01 cobra. whipples are great blowers and ford even offers them in the racing catalog, as for kb's, i wouldnt buy any blower from them. they are the only blowers ive seen break. as for the procharger on my gt, ive had it in my gt since 04 with no problems what so ever with it. a friend of mine from work has had a vortec blower in a 94 gt since 2000 without breaking either. so going with a centri wouldnt be a bad choice and you can usually find them being less expensive.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:41 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jrf
What about the whipples? I hear good things about them. You can find them on a lot of sites too. They don't seem to bad either for $3300. Oh yeah by the way dealerships suck!!
but for just a few dollars more is the whipple (base price) and the same cfm of the 3.4 whipple is the 2.8 kenne bell. but with the whipple, you have to upgrade the fuel rails, you have to modify the inside of your hood AND change your lower pulley just to get the hp down low enough to drive on the street, cant use a strut brace.

I think its mostly opinion based... i dont know if anyone has ran them head to head...

Im going to trust my mechanic, he cant make a dime on selling me the kenne bell due to the fact that their a factory direct company, when he could easily make some quick money on selling me a procharger or whipple because they can buy those at a wholesale price. And he still insists that i buy the kenne bell.

oh ya... the GT500 Super Snake "the most powerful mustang ever" 750hp production car.... its blown by a kenne bell.

I think i deserve a discount for the advertisement now.. haha
Old 01-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

ya whipples are definently intense and i looked intently for one for my car but they dont make them like mad said its all opinion i think and personal experiences

Quick Reply: superchargers