SVT Forums

Termi Timeslips, post em please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:05 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

AHH Threadjack and no warning lol oh wellz atleast someone learned something.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

BlownSVT that was a sick pass, I enjoyed the video
Old 01-27-2009, 05:05 AM
mfj
Banned

Originally Posted by Blownsvt
you planning on making over 700 hp? aren't those only rated to somewhere around that range.
If thats the case, then I'm in A LOT of trouble..

I'll let you know how it goes, but as of right now, all I do is spin the tires, so the clutch grabs just fine, lmao...
Old 01-27-2009, 05:11 AM
mfj
Banned

To BlowSVT, did you get your suspension dialed in right? I'm not too sure if I like the way the stance of your car is. Doesn't look like you'll get adequate weight transfer to the rear... ?

I could be wrong though...
Old 01-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj
To BlowSVT, did you get your suspension dialed in right? I'm not too sure if I like the way the stance of your car is. Doesn't look like you'll get adequate weight transfer to the rear... ?

I could be wrong though...
i am still working on it. i only mae it to the track once lat year because the damn cluches keep going out. in some of the shots some guys have it was almost pulling the front tires. it does have a forward lean though. the 12" springs in the front just might not be enough. they are adjusted to sit at the highest setting but even with BBK lowering springs in the rear the backend sits a little higher. Its a nice looking stance but might not be ideal for the strip. Also i was running a 28" tire in the rear and my skinnies are 25" so that even adds more to the lean which might hurt the transfer. I picked up a set of 26" drag tires to give that a shot as well. Hoping it will help with the gearing and help it leve a bit harder. I should find out even more though this year when i can finally leave with some real power. April is only a few months away now. Winter sucks for cars.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj
If thats the case, then I'm in A LOT of trouble..

I'll let you know how it goes, but as of right now, all I do is spin the tires, so the clutch grabs just fine, lmao...
i always thought they were about a 700 rating. lol. I have smoked 2 twin disks that were rated to 1000 now. I just finally got one back that is supposed to hold 1200 so hopefully this one will hold up better. A guy i know had been putting 1030 to the tires on this same clutch so it should work.

I guess when you hit it hard on the dyno you'll find out. the dyno is not too forgiving on the clutches since there is not alot of wheel spin normally.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 PM
mfj
Banned

But a dyno jet does load a lot less than actually street, keep in mind...
Old 01-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj
But a dyno jet does load a lot less than actually street, keep in mind...
yeah it does. but i don't dyno on a dyno jet. I do it on a dynodynamics where we load the car just like on the street. With the double rollers on each side of the tire it is hard to spin them on there. There is even some variation with the rollers of a dyno jet. Locally the one at Hitech motorsport uses 3000 lb drums while the one at APS autoworks uses 1800lb drums. I like the DD the best since it seems to most closely replicate the street.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:58 PM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

blownsvt what gears and trans are you running?
Old 01-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

t-56 trans, 3.25 gears.

Quick Reply: Termi Timeslips, post em please.