SVT Forums

Since its apart...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:11 AM
DooDoo

Default Since its apart...

I've got a terminator motor and trans pull off of ebay that is being transplanted into my 66 coupe. I pulled it apart since I had no idea what it had been treated like. This isn't the first time it's been apart, but I seem to have scored in terms of condition and upgrades. I now have a completely stripped motor with the stock crank, stock rods, manley -11cc pistons, stock bore w/ good crosshatching, heads with bigger ss exhaust valves/stock intakes and a bunch of porting, and a stock eaton with port work and a Stiegemeier sticker on it. Based on all the other stuff in the motor, the sticker may be genuine. I'm not a mod motor guy yet but am learning as fast as I can. My question is, since it's down to this point, what else should I look for and do while she's apart? I'm planning on upgrading to a bigger charger and h2o/meth once I have it running and hood clearance figured out. The car is a pro street build so it'll take all I can dish out at it. Hoping to put 550+ to the tires until I get bored and want to go faster.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:43 AM
DooDoo

I can't edit, so I'll add a couple things here.

Those exhaust valves are +1mm. The cams are stock. I plan on flycutting the pistons and coating them before they go back in. The injectors in her are stock, so I'm guessing they should go. Or can I wait till the bigger charger? Not sure If I should do cams now or wait. Seems like a lot of people say that cams are mostly for sound in the 4v's.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

no the motors are pretty straight forwards...and of course there is plenty more you can do with the time and money but im assuming thats a factor...ya you should get 60# inj they will limit themselves very quickly...i would say while its apart just do the whole build bore it diamond piston manhely rods etc etc...of course a cam will add alittle but for the money i say its more of a sound mod...and if mine were apart i would cam it with like a stage 2 blower cam or something

goodluck