The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Raced the cops?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 02:04 AM
joaquinGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01snake
i thought i heard a friend tell me by one highway there are cops on haybusas's now

(dont know if that is spelt right)
ohh yeah specially in Michigan, because we have so much money in here and its always nice out cops ride hayabusas now WTF
Old 04-28-2009, 02:11 AM
joaquinGT
2nd Gear Member

FTC thats it and thats all
Old 04-28-2009, 05:19 AM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

Originally Posted by joaquinGT
FTC thats it and thats all
Aren't you the moron who made that dumb FTC thread in OT? Thought so
Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 AM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

There is a blue 350Z with gold Advans and a carbon fiber hood that's an undercover cop car. I saw him pull someone over on 485 once and I was like ****!! haha... I'd love to see someone try to race him. We have TONS of sport bike cops here because modified bikes are so big in Charlotte.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:58 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

I did once. It was actually around 3 am and i was coming back from south beach when i see a red lightning on my *** with hids. So i scoot over a lane to see if he wanted to run. The guy lines up with me and honks and we go. I was only infront of him by 1 1/2 cars up to 110(on the highway). After playing cat and mouse for a little we I slow down as I get close to my exit and the guy in the lighning just smiles at me with a weird smirk, and after that he pulls his chain with a cop badge and i was just like omg. He gave me thumbs up and drove away.I thought it was pretty funny.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Its a small world back where I grew up, and still visit frequently. All the cops were familiar, whether you knew them, or had just seen them around. OP, I've raced two officers in my time messing with modded cars. The only catch is, I knew both of them. Both were crown Vics, and both got demolished before it even started. I also had a trooper ask me to "Get on it" at a road side license check. I was driving my previous full bolt on/tuned 2004 GTO. I obliged, and left him standing there in smoke grinning his *** off. He was a young guy, very cool.

As far as running from them, I'm guilty of that too. The one I left did a U-Turn on me, and didn't hit his lights until he was completely turned around, but by this time I was already half a mile away and pulling. I was actually in that same 04 GTO. It was dark when it happened, so I knew he wouldn't know who I was, so I thought anyway. I pushed +140mph for at least 5 miles, and then let off. After a couple mins, I saw his blue lights come over a hill about a mile back! I got on it again and scooted on home. After about 10 mins of being home, my phone rang and it was the fukn chief of police from the small town I passed thru when the officer turned around on me. He asked me who was driving that car and I told him it was me. He started his thing and I basically told him I never went over the speed limit, he and I went back and forth for a few until I finally had enough and went along with what he had to say. He just told me to slow it down and not to pull some shat like that again. He couldn't prove anything at that point and we both knew it. I had a couple beers on my breath is the reason I took off. I knew he didn't stand a chance, radio or not, but if I got stopped I could kiss my CDL goodbye. I knew the area well and knew that he was the only officer within ten miles. Anyway, hope this answers your original question.

PS, I wouldn't try outrunning a Police Charger in a straight line. They are very heavy and probably couldn't make it across the 1/4 mile in less than 15 seconds with all that crap in them, but once they get going they will run 145+ just like anyone else.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

With most cars having dash cams, if a cop really entered into a race willingly w/ you then tried to bust you for it, I think he would only be screwing himself.