The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Please don't streetrace...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 01:52 AM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
I LOST A RACE ONCE SO I DID A FLY BYE TO SHOW THEM HOW A REAL MAN DRIVES. f**k yeah!

"Shoulda had a V8"

HAHAHA!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I use to street race alot when I had my GT's but I have had my terminator for about 2 years now and I have only raced it once on the street against a c5 z and I beat him. Since getting the terminator I never get the ricer fly by's anymore and whenever someone usually pulls up next to me they usually just say nice car and don't want to race.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:17 AM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Only time i really street raced someone was to the legal limit and it was a turbo MX-5 Miata. Nasty sounding BOV and he kept up pretty good, but I edged him to 70MPH with my 4V.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:42 AM
SeanAndKate
3rd Gear Member

I got 2 buddies one with an STI and one with an EVO there fun to roll with, the STI is pretty much stock and the EVO got cams exhaust and a couple other things. The EVO used to pull on me but not since i did some more work to my baby Its more fun racing in the 95. Im pretty sure there isnt a stock car on the road that cant beat that thing...
Old 03-13-2010, 09:48 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
I use to street race alot when I had my GT's but I have had my terminator for about 2 years now and I have only raced it once on the street against a c5 z and I beat him. Since getting the terminator I never get the ricer fly by's anymore and whenever someone usually pulls up next to me they usually just say nice car and don't want to race.
Id race ya lol . I love racing badass cars! Its soo much fun.

Ive ran a 01 Viper that was soooooo NASTY i about wet myself lol, it was before i had LTs, cam and the intake. Soo it was a big loss haha, but the guy was cool and gave a thumbs up and we went our separate ways.
A buddy of mine used to have a 05 SRT4, with minor boltons, before my cam/intake, and that was mabye the closest race ive had, it was always a drivers race. I mean inches (those are the best).

I got another friend that has a 00 GT with full bolt ons and a Professional products intake, and i can't wait to run him when the weather's right!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:00 AM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Moonshine
Mmm... One of my good buddies has a heavily modded '06 Evo. Saw 175 on the dashboard on it. That was SCARY fast. Ever been in a fast AWD car? Oh man...it's something else!
yes, yes I have. My buddy had a wicked Turbo'd Talon. I dont remember the mods, it was waaaaay back in high school. What I do remember about it was the fact that when he was on the throttle, I couldn't even lean forward. Nothing like being plastered against the seat. I swear, when I got out of the car, my hands hurt from holding on so hard.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:57 AM
cajungt
2nd Gear Member

My buddy's red Mitsu 3000 vr4 is insane quick. The awd just lauches, pulls altogether differently than a rear drive car. When he let me run thru the gears a few times around town, I was shocked while I watched the speedo and tach. That thing flat out is the fastest street car I know of (daily driver) around here.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:03 AM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Moonshine
Ever been in a fast AWD car? Oh man...it's something else!
Yep I sure have :P

My most memorable race was against what I believe was a Lincoln of some kind on dubs with two ghetto *** thugs driving it blasting Mylie Cyrus - Party in the USA. I pulled over at the next gas station to talk to them and they were hilarious.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:06 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

That's not street racing... that's "playing".

I have an admission to make, their was a time I hung out in that scene, It just got to dangerous. It was bad enough when we were doing 10's on the motor and 9's on the bottle....Now with 7 second cars racing on the street its insane. One of the guys is doing 25 years right now because two cars got together and in the end a spectator was killed. It's just not worth it.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:53 PM
offthewall158
1st Gear Member

The first night I had my 02 GT I raced an Infiniti G35. I wasn't too sure if I could take him or not but I was more than willing to race him anyway. We raced from about a 40 mph roll two different times and he took me by a little bit each time. My car was stock back then and I had little experience racing. Im sure I'd walk him now.
My buddy has a 98 Trans Am WS6. His best time at the track is a 13.2 at 106. He used to walk me on the street every time but since I got a set of 3.73's he's only beating me by a little bit. Not bad for a 4.6

Quick Reply: Please don't streetrace...