The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Please don't streetrace...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Default Please don't streetrace...

Okay...so I know we're all (mostly) mature enough to know that streetracing is just...highly illegal, not worth the price to pay, really really stupid. But sometimes we just can't help ourselves when we see another bad*** car and the driver wants to play!!!

So...I'm not going to say that my car is fast...because in comparison...it's really not. I mean...300 ponies to the ground isnt much, right? Anyway, I've had my fair share of street pulls with randoms. (Haven't you?!? Don't judge me!) Civics (haha), STI's, Evo's, camaro's, chargers, and you name it!

My question here is...what were your most memorable 'races'? Win or lose! (I tend to count losses, not wins.)

For me there are THREE! My first, fortunately, was a win. When I first got my car, there was a dude in a black on black on black (seriously bad***) SRT8 Charger. My car is loud...so he wanted to see what he could get me to do. After a few miles of messing around with one another we finally got into race mode. He honked...(at about 35 MPH) and off we went! I popped it into 5th gear and looked over and he wasn't there!!! He was like 4-5 car's behind me!!! (I thought he was going to blow my doors off!)

Second was a (highly) modded termi. Rollcage and everything. We pulled in second gear and he schooled me. haha We got to the next light and he said my car was 'sexier' than his lol so I didnt walk away empty handed haha.

Third was a 1972 Z28. This thing was a MONSTER!! We pulled from a dig and we were neck & neck until he squirted on me....and left me in the dust!! Haha I was proud to take that loss!

Let's hear your fun stories!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:31 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

urm...i beat 2 teanagers in thier new WRX like 06? and i was in a maxima lol roll races against those cars are almost embarassing for the subaru driver. im in a 260 hp 4 door fwd sedan beating on these rich kids...good times foor that matter did a roll race with an 04 sti from around 50 and he couldnt pull on me in that car....02 6speed maxima for the for the win , lol.

In the stang on the street my car is too intimidating i guess, had a civic try a flyby, but i couldnt recover because he was to far ahead, pretty fast tho.

Theres a guy next to where i work that has an sti like 03?ish and i caught him on the way to work one day, and we started to roll around 60 into it and i was like 3/4 throttle keeping up and i thought maybe he wasnt going, then i realized i was doing 80 and was like wtf...guess he is going lol put my foot down and just walked him...funny as hell really.

Most everyone else around here wont race me, not even a little
Old 03-13-2010, 01:34 AM
dr.apex
2nd Gear Member

I don't get into racing "cars" on the street, they're just not fast enough to ditch cops.

My street races are strictly on my bike. Probably my most memorable was a kid in a turbo'd 240. I was out with a group of friends and they got him to race us on the highway. Long story short, he lost. What impressed me was the fact that, at one point, I looked down at my speedo which read 170-175 and he was right there next to me.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:37 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

my races pretty much dont amount to much, never gone over 100 in a race with another person, and never with any traffic around and also never anywhere i know cops sit. and also very few and far between to begin with lol. im way to afraid of doing somthing stupid, or more importantly getting caught certain areas around here i belevie you lose your car...for good.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Mmm... One of my good buddies has a heavily modded '06 Evo. Saw 175 on the dashboard on it. That was SCARY fast. Ever been in a fast AWD car? Oh man...it's something else!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:41 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Around here it seems like i either beat everything or get slaughtered lol.

One of the better races i've had is an early 00's volkswagon GTi, few mods turboed ofc, I'd always get the jump on him but he would always pull in 3rd or so.

Another guy i ran a few times was an 04 GT full bolt ons .w LTs. I pulled on him everytime but only by a car or so it was close.

I usually beat the SRT-4s around here... 350zs... except a white one .w gold wheels supercharged that raped me lol. I've beat a couple WRXs 2.0 and even a 2.5 turbo... that suprized me, i thought he shoulda rolled on me. Few older camaros, a 5.0 cobra a cammed 5.0 GT.

Cars i've lost to : idk why they even wasted time racing me

Procharged 01 cobra 500+whp.
supercharged Z
03 cobra pullied and ported (stock one woulda raped me let alone that thing lol)
Evo with a bigger turbo (told me he runs bottom 12s afterwords)
Ford lightning idk mods

im sure there were plenty of others.

Oh and i raced my brothers near stock 5.0 four eye vert back in the day he got pissed i pulled on him hard hahaha.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

130 on a back road in a 400 awhp evo
Old 03-13-2010, 01:48 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

I LOST A RACE ONCE SO I DID A FLY BYE TO SHOW THEM HOW A REAL MAN DRIVES. f**k yeah!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:48 AM
cajungt
2nd Gear Member

Ya'll saw the video.. I knew it was'nt gonna be good for me..
Old 03-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Strangely...(like BMAN says) our cars are intimidating. They just sound really powerful. Even when sometimes they're not. haha I love it. I got pulled over one time and the cop told me my exhaust was too loud. (He took his time walking up to my window) I think he just wanted to check my rig out. I bed he was a mustang guy.

Quick Reply: Please don't streetrace...