The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

6rwhp gains

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:46 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

My cam swap was 200, longtubes 355 (these are totals after shipping).

I wouldn't drop that kid of money for small gains but that's just my cheap *** talking. Lol
Old 02-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I'd focus on cooling down the charge, personally.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

yeah, for $300 there is no way I'd do it, didn't realize they were so expensive for the v6.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:07 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I'd focus on cooling down the charge, personally.
Good advice. You can probably do a no frills meth injection kit for close to that money.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by maxshuty
Im looking at buying a throttle body that claims to have 6rwhp dyno proven results on a f/I engine. Since I'm x charged now I figure it might be to my advantage but howich more noticeable is 6rwhp? Will my throttle response improve? If so how noticeable is that? Indor want to drop cash on it unless its worth it
Max I'm not aware of any throttle body that will do that and like was said:
Originally Posted by Stkjock
don't waste your money`
Originally Posted by Mishri
You know what mod made me feel like i had better throttle response? aluminium driveshaft, noticed a big difference when i removed it in my 07, felt so sluggish when i pushed on the gas initially. i guess it just transferred power to the wheels better/faster with less power loss. That's also one of those mods that id only do if i had nothing left to do though. pretty expensive for the gains ($600+)
You will feel the aluminum driveshaft much more than any throttle body that claims to add 6 rwhp. Much better money spent there.

Originally Posted by 302army187
up the boost, or get a meth kit then retune
He is running the Xcharger Hi-Po, no intercooler, as I recall. With the 2.8" pulley he is already at maximum without an intercooler. The meth kit will help, but not as much as the intercooler and with that he can go to 2.6 pulley to get back to 10 - 12 lbs. Anything smaller than 2.8 non-intercooled or 2.6 intercooled spins the MP90 out of its efficiency and all it does is create heat and no power.

The only problem with the meth kit on the Xcharger is that you have to spray before the blower. There isn't a plate system to go below the blower like the KenneBell (I think that is who has it anyway) has out now. Spraying meth before the blower will cool the temps, but it strips the coating off the rotors. This is a picture of the blower on a friends car when I upgraded his to the Xtreme and removed the meth kit
Old 02-27-2012, 07:49 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys - and I was just going to say that about the meth. Its a Zabteck throttle body the guy wants $150 shipped so not too expensive but I just wasn't sure if it was worth it. I'm gunna save the money now after reading this! Probably just going to go the xtreme route it seems like the next best bang for the buck rather than getting a couple hp here and there
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Meth actually stripping the teflon from the rotors is HIGHLY debatable. I'm not qualified to say if its actually deteriorates the coating or not, but there has not been any solid proof to say it does or does not.

As far as the 2.6, it is definitely getting out of the efficiency range of that blower. It will create more TQ, but the power curve will debatably become undesirable compared to the 2.8. After a couple of pulls, that 2.8 M90 is going to become a heat pump and start pulling timing more and more. He needs to cool that charge, whether it be via Meth or intercooling, it needs to be done. IMO.

Last edited by Stone629; 02-27-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:49 AM
JimC

Meth actually stripping the teflon from the rotors is HIGHLY debatable. I'm not qualified to say if its actually deteriorates the coating or not, but there has not been any solid proof to say it does or does not.
Did you look at my pictures in post 18? I took that picture when we pulled the blower off another Xcharger car when I upgraded him to the Xtreme intercooler. The coating is definitely stripped off.

Here's a couple more

As far as the 2.6, it is definitely getting out of the efficiency range of that blower. It will create more TQ, but the power curve will debatably become undesirable compared to the 2.8. After a couple of pulls, that 2.8 M90 is going to become a heat pump and start pulling timing more and more. He needs to cool that charge, whether it be via Meth or intercooling, it needs to be done. IMO.
And yes, the Xtreme intercooled kit is the way to go.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:21 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

I have a ported M112 sitting in my garage that could find a new home for the right price
Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Good advice. You can probably do a no frills meth injection kit for close to that money.
That's what I was saying. It's just gets a little more expensive when you start adding things like boost controllers and seperate tanks. Good thing is, fluid is hella cheap: it's just windshield washer fluid. For his application, the "blue stuff" is probably his best bet if he's not tuning for it. Blue stuff is 35/65 meth/water.

Quick Reply: 6rwhp gains