Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Bama tune on an auto

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Tomrob77
2nd Gear Member

Default Bama tune on an auto

Just got my bama tunes for my 06 gt auto. I tried the 87 and the 93. The throttle response is greatly improved, but there is lag for it to drop gears when I slam the pedal to the floor. I set up at a stop with the 93 oct race tune and did everything as if I was at the strip.

The throttle response still amazing, but so much lag for it to take off, in that sense the stock tune was better, it had faster pickup.

The other thing was that it shifted very VERY hard through the gears. It would get up to just about red line, and when it shifted it was like being shot out of a cannon (not in a good way) I'm afraid this will ruin my transmission.

I'm emailing bama being as they are after hours right now to hopefully get this resolved by tomorrow night. Anyone else had a problem like this?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

I read something similar on these forums a couple weeks ago of a guy having shifting issues after his tune. I don't recall the outcome.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:55 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tomrob77
Just got my bama tunes for my 06 gt auto. I tried the 87 and the 93. The throttle response is greatly improved, but there is lag for it to drop gears when I slam the pedal to the floor. I set up at a stop with the 93 oct race tune and did everything as if I was at the strip.

The throttle response still amazing, but so much lag for it to take off, in that sense the stock tune was better, it had faster pickup.

The other thing was that it shifted very VERY hard through the gears. It would get up to just about red line, and when it shifted it was like being shot out of a cannon (not in a good way) I'm afraid this will ruin my transmission.

I'm emailing bama being as they are after hours right now to hopefully get this resolved by tomorrow night. Anyone else had a problem like this?
Sorry to hear that you're having some weird shifting issues going on. It sounds to me like it might be something small in the tune on our end (human error happens!). I know we'll get it fixed for you in no-time, though!

I would give the Bama team a call anytime during the hours in my signature below and they'll have new tunes out to you in just a few minutes and can correct that for you on the first try!

The other thing you can do, if it's easier, is to just shoot me over a PM with your order number and I'll have our lead Bama tech take care of it and email you new tunes.

Either way, we'll get you straightened out right away and have your Mustang shifting perfectly!

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope I've helped.

Shane
Old 04-26-2012, 01:20 PM
300HorsesAndCounting

A couple weeks ago I put a 89 tune on my 06 GT. I can definitly agree with you in the fact that the shifts are much firmer but mine never seems to go toward reline like you descibed. When floored mine now chirps into second gear.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Tomrob77
2nd Gear Member

Yeah mine doesn't chip it just throws me back into my seat.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Tomrob77
2nd Gear Member

Ok, so he had me take out this stepdown piece in my CAI, and that helped a lot with the lag from me stomping my foot to the floor to the downshift, but I feel it may still be a tad slower than stock. Also, I paid more attention to my shift points.. 6100 rpms it shifts, 100 past the redline, maybe thats why I'm getting thrown back from the shifts.